I expect the best and I give the best

>I expect the best and I give the best.
>Here's the beer. Here's the entertainment.

youtube.com/watch?v=CIGHCoVzqtk

>see an user shitposting

Based captain robot arm
He should have lived

He died a hero

>Have a fucking frat party in the middle of a warzone

based af

Why did he want to be killed, anyway? He could have gotten robot legs, too.

Soldiers don't do 'frat parties', user. That was a 'shitkickerfest'. And, you are right, based af.

He didn't want to fucking live like that. He was a man's man, a warrior; not a gimp.

They took his pride

whats the difference? and what makes a frat party? a bunch of chads?

>frat party = bunch of chads
Exactly right, and combat soldiers ain't over-privileged chads.

Good thread, OP - we need more threads with based soundtracks.

WAKE UP SHEEP
THE WAR ON B*GS (NATIVE INSECTS) WAS AN INSIDE JOB
PLASMA CAN'T HYPERSPACE
INVESTIGATE BUENOS AIRES

What?! The government is lying to us? Distracting us with a false enemy so they can maintain their grip on power??

You craycray.

Service guarantees Citizenship.

Would you like to know more?

clicks icon - Yes please!

>that one time when he willfully let one of his troops get mauled on the hills just to make an example to his men
brutal as fuck

Awesome character, played by awesome actor.

I love this movie and never had the guts to watch any of the sequels, considering they look like absolute shit. Should i watch them?

Reminder that Diz was best girl.

>Those "fuck me" eyes she gave at that dance

How did Verhoeven manage to make Starship Troopers after the complete failure of Showgirls?

The second one is absolute trash but the third does have a slight charm to it. Nowhere near as good as the first but it does have very brief flashes of brilliance.

2 was meh

3 was bad and had weirdly religious undertones

and I didn't watch that other one

so no, they're not worth it

>entertainment is a football and a violin

I don't think anyone's gonna argue with you there
>watch starship troopers in 8th grade
>"ugh Johnny Rico's such a pussy, how can he just let Carmen run over his feelings like that, this would never happen in real life"
>be me entering my 30s
>several women in my life have pulled a Carmen and I've been just as beta as Johnny, if not moreso
>tfw no Dizzy to save me from these space Stacies
>I know now that Carmen is an accurate representation of girls at that age and that Dizzy was the fantasy

>yfw you realize Razak thoroughly researched the members of his squad down to their favorite hobbies and requested these items from high command

>goes infantry
>excellent cqc
>not great situational awareness

Better than that officer cumdumpster

i dunno, in the heat of the moment when im puking everywhere, i really want to die, so when hes being ripped apart waist down and cant even see it i can understand

Holy shit she aged way better than Denise Richards

>nu-males trying to watch based Starship Troopers

The worst part?

>Carmen being alive by the end, and pulling a "best friends forever" speech

I wish I had paid more attention to this movie's relationships growing up.

>yfw the movie is actually a scathing criticism of militarism and fascism

Only a literal retard wouldn't see the movie as satire. The book was actually pretty serious and was just a vehicle for Heinlein's political views.

C U C K

>let's all be bff, especially now that Carl is politically powerful and Johnny is a war hero

It's an example of a famous name snagging a new audience, I think. Men of a certain age like my step-dad grew up reading Heilein novels; he saw the name and was like, "Why not?" And be brought me along, and I watched it knowing nothing about the book, and was like THIS IS AWESOME. He was entertained too, even if it was nothing like the book.

Also Robocop is a pretty famous flick, and this was a return to that form for Veerhoeven. Everybody enjoys cheeky ultraviolence.

>you like watching your wife get fucked by another man if you're not a fascist

Come on, faggot. I bet there were plenty of Nazis who were cuckolds.

Yes, the Veerhoven tried to make it a satire (really, he didn't have a choice in the matter, you can't glorify fascism) but he unintentionally made it too appealing.

goddamn dizzy still got it

denise doesn't look as good these days

This is why it's a perfect movie.

2nd is basically a crossover with Alien
3rd is cheesy as fuck but quite enjoyable
Invasion is pretty good, almost as good as the first one the marauders make a dissapointing comeback but Rico alone makes up for it

Jesus H Price why did Charlie screw this up.

thats denise richards in goldeneye you fucking idiot

Dangerously underrated girl.

>Goldeneye

>clicks icon
They forgot to do that in the second movie and it bugged the hell out of me.

>COME ON, YOU APES!
>DO YOU WANT TO LIVE FOREVER!

>Diz's tits

Probably doesn't have AIDS too

With the dawn of vidya movies Id like to see an Xcom movie done in the exact same tone as Starship Toopers, we need more good satirical movies that dont just rip on pop culture, but actually have their own identity as a movie.

And Verhoeven was somehow shocked that the test audience hated her.

Wait, we were supposed to LIKE Carmen? Even the brain but was more sympathetic than her (yes I know the bugs did nothing wrong).

I'm from Buenos Aires, and I say kill 'em all!

DO NOT GOOGLE WHAT SHE LOOKS LIKE NOW!!!

he was incredibly based

That's one Verhoeven movie they didn't reboot yet.

No need :^)

Diz looks pretty good still.

Give it time.

y user

Crack?

I watched this film so many times as a kid that I think it had an opposite effect on what it intended, by that I mean I think I'm a fascist. It influenced my decision to join the army, been in 3 years now, and think our society would be better off if it was modeled on the fascist system of government in the film.
I'm doing my part.

I blame Dizzy for my tomboy fetish.

> Casper van Dien looks like shit now. Basically like a hobo
> Denise Richard looks old. GG

meanwhile
> Dizzy is still hot af

>20 years later Diz is as qt as ever
>20 years later Carmen is Sp00ky Scary Skeleton tier
Rico fucked up senpaitachi.

Casper Van Dien is a sexy hobo though.

Ohh I have IRL story, but I am too drunk

Diz was a dude in the book though

the book was an exploration of an alternative political system. heinlein definitely thought the system needed some changes and felt the military offered some good ideas but if you actually think the world described in the book is how *really* wants the real world to be you misunderstood the novel.

That tweet is depressing.

why? because you're never gonna be with her? that's why i'd be depressed

fucc me ded

Good work soldier. I've done my part, and now I'm a full-fledged CITIZEN. Nothing but a bunch of dirty civilians in here.

>When Rico meets his father in the book
I didn't expect something that deep

Worse: time.

"A citizen defends the life of the body politic, defending it with his life, a civilian does not."

The problem is there needs to be a war to instill that sort of pride into an individual to want to defend/improve their country. There's no room for that in our world, especially not with the rise of corporations.

Exact words of the movie. But do you understand it? Do you believe it? What did they mean by it?

Exactly what happened in the Starship universe. "Remember the veterans, how they took control."

drugs, plastic surgery

and more importanty a car crash which may have scarred her forehead

>All natural, not Hollywood.
What's your fuckING problem?

Even when I was younger, I knew she was a skilled but unlikeable protagonist. It's a bit fickle though she let Rico follow like a puppy dog in to service only to say "well it wasn't really that serious" when she gets swept up in her own promotion (pilot) and progress.

A citizen has the COURAGE to make the safety of the human race their personal responsibility!

Jake Busey playing a neon green translucent electric violin is undoubtedly the peak of modern cinema.

who was more based Rasczak or this guy?

>demoted himself to private just to fight in battles again
Zim was fucking based.

Both based as fuck

Green violin, reporting in.