Whats so cool about being vegan and buying vegan product?

Whats so cool about being vegan and buying vegan product?

Other urls found in this thread:

hsa.org.uk/publications/online-guides
peta.org/about-peta/faq/is-it-ok-to-eat-roadkill/
fao.org/news/story/en/item/40117/icode/
commondreams.org/views/2012/05/08/we-already-grow-enough-food-10-billion-people-and-still-cant-end-hunger
news.cornell.edu/stories/1997/08/us-could-feed-800-million-people-grain-livestock-eat
iopscience.iop.org/1748-9326/8/3/034015/
johnnyseeds.com/assets/information/vegetablecharts.pdf
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vegetarianism
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Bragging rights

See Scott Pilgrim

health benefits so u can smoke more cigarettes

I get to tell other vegans to shut the fuck up about being vegan and not have to deal with lectures from vegan nerds about how I'm not vegan

generally to do with the ethical treatment of animals.

the more you learn about slaughtering the less easy it is to continue to eat meat.

that being said i still eat meat. i think its only reasonable to understand the process a cow goes through to become your burger. you're a coward if you can't watch an animal being slaughtered, yet you are willing to eat its meat.

hsa.org.uk/publications/online-guides

Ive seen almost all. I know its sometimes inhumane

Vegan products are fucking dumb. Just eat normal food

You get to spend more money than everyone else while consuming the most nutrient-poor food on the planet.

i mean, i'm vegan. all you really get is the knowledge that you're not killing an animal. food isn't bad, but more expensive. nothing really 'cool' about it. nobody should really give a shit about whether your food is made of nuts or not.

Fuck u faggot
Vegan piece of shit. Always tryna make me eat leafs instead of a juicy steak

>leafs

Succ my dick

Oh, look. Someone who has no clue what the fuck he's talking about.

Vegan food (aka. Fresh produce, beans, rice, nuts, etc.) is significantly cheaper than eating animal products, and while not as protein dense, has way more vitamins and essential nutrients than meat, eggs, or dairy. They also have a much lower fat content, which means you can eat until you're full and not turn into a fat fuck.
Who do you think is dropping more money? You grilling five burgers or me grilling, like, twenty veggie patties made from a can of beans, an onion, a bell pepper, maybe some corn and a few mushrooms?

It costs me more to buy salad ingredients than it does to buy meat

>eat an $8 salad for dinner
or
>eat more than one food group for $4

There is no such thing as vegan. All products you use have had some interaction with the byproducts obtained from animals. Name something and I'll tell you why it's not Vegan.

tomatoes. i grew them in my back yard hydroponically with synthetic fertilizers.

There's a near certain chance that the water you used was component to an animal at another point in time.

Synthetic fertilizer is still made from components derived from animal parts. The components are extracted, then the companies buy those components telling themselves that they were definitely not taken from animals and sell them to dopes like you. Even compost usually has animals in it, so you can't go that route either. So unless you shat out your own nitrogen source and found a sufficient phosphorous source, you used animal products in your fertilizer.

no shit. the oxygen i'm breathing now was undoubtedly once carbon dioxide exhaled from an animal. the carbon i am made of was undoubtedly once the carbon of an animal.

mathematically, all water on earth is dinosaur urine many times over

Thus everything is obtained from the death of animals. Vegan means nothing

nitrogen can come from either nitrates mined from the ground, or produced from synthesized ammonia.

phosphate is mined.

potassium is mined.

its not economically feasible to use animals for synthetic fertilizer. don't be fucking retarded.

The minerals we harvest from the earth may have once been animals

it has to do with the exploitation of animals. vegans are okay with eating roadkill.

peta.org/about-peta/faq/is-it-ok-to-eat-roadkill/

Crops grown in poorer countries are sold to the West to support the cattle industry.

Worldwide, cows consume around 45 billion gallons of water a day, and eat around 135 billion pounds of feed a day, that's enough to feed 10 billion people. Getting rid of animal agriculture would be the best thing that happened to humanity in a long time. Not to mention, stopping the consumption of animal products would save tons of land, including rain forests which 91% of have been lost in order to feed livestock. Much less land can be used to feed the world with foods that contain the necessary macro and micronutrients. What im about to tell you says it all.

1.5 acres can produce 37, 000lbs of plant based food.
while
1.5 acres can produce 375lbs of meat.

Ask yourself which one is more sustainable.

Sources:
fao.org/news/story/en/item/40117/icode/

commondreams.org/views/2012/05/08/we-already-grow-enough-food-10-billion-people-and-still-cant-end-hunger

news.cornell.edu/stories/1997/08/us-could-feed-800-million-people-grain-livestock-eat

iopscience.iop.org/1748-9326/8/3/034015/

johnnyseeds.com/assets/information/vegetablecharts.pdf

I forgot to mention your hydroponic system as well. Animal products usually go into that. Nitrogen and phosphate deposits were once animals. Also, there are a lot of animal waste products that are used to derive those components. And synthesizing ammonia usually uses components derived from animal parts.

You shouldn't sling insults that apply to yourself.

Thank you for replying to my post, my asshole will now explode

If the movement is about the exploitation of animals, then it is nothing. Exploitation is subjective. Riding a horse might be exploiting it to one person, and not to another. Veganism is then a matter of opinion, and thus nothing.

Fuck vegans

We are on Sup Forums so its a pleasure to see how the meat its being converted into burgers so whats the problem.

None of your resources are reliable. Plus, plant based agriculture is far more destructive than animal agriculture. That feed you mention? Unfit for human consumption. You'd need suitable land to make it for humans. Vegan diets are unsustainable since you'd need much more variety in your diet. That means much more variation in agriculture which means many more fields to produce it. Also, 1.5 acres makes 37000 lbs of plant material, but it's not all food.

thats retarded

Tru

its far more likely that any sub-surface deposits were plants, considering plants have much higher quantities of nitrogen, phosphorus, and potassium as those are three elements essential to their life and photosynthesis. plants and algae have also been around longer than 'animals' as a kingdom.

also, i'm talking about mineral deposits. as in deep in the crust of the earth. not oil, nothing carbon based. these are minerals that have existed within the earth since its genesis billions of years ago.

nitrates weren't once animals. the ammonia that synthesized the nitrogen based fertilizers could be, but not necessarily. hydroxylapatite and potash deposits also weren't once animals.

i'm not a vegan, i'm explaining the logic behind the movement. if you can't understand why using a captive bolt gun to concuss an animal isn't the same as riding a horse, there's nothing i can do for you. i'm sorry.

>Bragging rights
are not the same thing as saying "I'm vegan" in every conversation

Nice rebuttal sir

Being deficient in many nutrients, b12 the most apparent

"plant based agriculture is far more destructive than animal agriculture"
"Also, 1.5 acres makes 37000lbs of plant material, but it's not all food."
>Citation needed

Yes, they're unfit for human consumption, but the space needed to produce it can be used swapped for food that is actually fit for human consumption. Also, variety? It's completely sustainable, its not like you're eating grass all day.

see

>there's nothing I can do for you

Correct. Explaining the movement as a matter of opinion instead of supplying a factual argument is indeed doing nothing.

The majority of synthetic fertilizers are made from the byproducts of mining for petroleum, since it's readily available. But, refining it usually requires animal products.

You basically are.

>eating grass all day

Im eating ass all day too

This is why i used to be vegetarian, then eventually switched to flexitarian. Lowering meat consumption is just good for the earth and people in general. People in NA eat too much meat and it's bad for them. I dont care about the animals really. Just a sustainable planet.

it comes down to fucking morality dude. what's wrong with killing a human? after all everyone dies, and ones memories are gone forever once braindeath is achieved. who cares if i kidnap people and torture and kill them? they'd die anyway. after all, in 100 trillion years the heat death will render the entire universe devoid of all work and life. even protons decay, so what's a dead human today instead of 50 years from now? it's just a matter of opinion. people are fucking pussies for not being okay with murder. there is no reason for a stigma to be against it. morality has no place in law.

Funny meme

You still need to provide reliable citations as well. You provided nothing but fluff pieces. And no, you can't swap it out for food fit for human consumption. It's not fit for human consumption BECAUSE of the land it's grown on, you dumbass.

I think this is a good point of view towards life

you body doesnt work like that

So you're telling me I need to provide reliable sources, when you've been providing absolutely ZERO sources for your claims??

The stigma exists because nobody wants to die. I'm fine with killing people, but I don't want people killing me.

However, if it was legal there would be never ending strife. The morality comes from the fact that the law is even in place. Before laws, we had tenuous relationships with our tribes for increased chance of survival. Run into another tribe? Kill them, take their shit and rape whoever is only half dead or still warm.

Exactly. Why should I bother doing it when you obviously didn't? I'm working while in this shit thread full of retards like you/related to your inbred ass.

>inbred

>Sperglords hating on veganism
I'll eat what I eat based on my beliefs and you eat what you want based on yours. I understand most people don't or cannot eat a diet like mine and that's ok. If you don't like the way I operate take it up with me irl and feel free to tell your buddies how you got your ass kicked by a nutrient deficient vegan.

>Still providing no sources

Get back to work slave

does this not extend to animals? does an animal not possess the same desire to survive as well?

how can we know that an animal is, or is not, sentient? how can we know that another human is, or is not, sentient?

you have to make judgement calls somewhere along the way, and who dictates where those lines are drawn?

Why do you expect people to put out when you arent? Go back on grindr and keep asking for dic pics without showing yours first.

its true that if our pre-historical ancestors never had meat in their daily life our brains would be significantly smaller?

What if my friends come along and i shove my meat in your ass

Means we are better than you. Fucking meat eaters make me sick, show some control and don't eat meat. Animals are awesome.

Well meat is something we need

We are animals also

>inbred
Yes, inbred. Because you obviously would have to be absolutely retarded to think you can be a vegan. I mean 6th generation of incestual practice. Live in a house? You're not vegan. Drive a car? You're not vegan.

>Talking about veganism
>vegans are dismissed because they're vegans
Funny meme, boyo.

You realize those animals wouldnt exist without people breeding them and paying to feed them to sell them for food later right? Everyones a vegan you're gunna go to the zoo to see one of the last hundred cows left on earth.

That's nice dear

Thats true

Im a deer

I support this guy

>Still providing no sources

How about you get some sources that are actually reliable?

I am working. It's my second job and my deadline is in three weeks. I'm 80% done.

Still doing more to help out than you dumbass

Because I don't want to do the work if the person that began the argument didn't provide first? Technically, he sent a pic with his boxers on and I'm still waiting for the dick pic before I send one.

I kind of agree with you man. But I think the point is maybe we should have let nature do its thing rather than over-farm and breed these creatures to become something that is palatable for selfish humans to feed their fat faces with

It does extend to animals. But we require meat in our diet. There is literally no such thing as a healthy vegan. They require too much maintenance. All their supplements they have to take are from animals anyway.

But does grass taste better than a steak?
I don't give a shit if meat clogs my arteries I'm trying to eat the shit that tastes the best

Nope, you're actually undermining yourself with how little work you did.

I don't use supplements and I'm a healthy vegan. Just eat a good balanced diet. You can get anything your body needs from veg/grains/nuts/legumes etc. And if cooked properly it's tasty as fuck

still more work than you buddy boi

>if cooked properly its good as fuck
Also meat (:

I always find vegans have a crazed look. and the women always seem to age poorly. their skin looks weird.

I am not a fan of vegan diet. tastes terrible.

but i do feel much better going vegetarian.

Theres no such thing as being vegetarian

>no such thing

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vegetarianism

oh shit

"Vegetarianism /ˈvɛdʒətɛəriənɪzəm/ is the practice of abstaining from the consumption of meat"

Hah, l keep telling yourself that. You'll be dead by 40. I've never met a healthy vegan in all my years of dating a nutritionist. There is no such thing as a balanced diet without meat/fish that doesn't have supplements.

Saying your vegan is like saying your a faggot they have the need to tell everyone.

Nobody, technically less since you took the first six results from google. That isn't even work. If you tried that in a research position you'd be booted in a week.

Cheaper to produce, yeah. Then, sold at extremely high markups to assholes with doctoral degrees in some arts field.

>Cheaper to produce does not mean equally cheap to purchase.
Thanks Vegans. I use to buy cashews for a buck fifty a tin five years ago. Now they're seven, because vegan dickwads started making cheeses and shit. Fuck you.

Its only eating meat from animals that ate vegetables

Good luck eating lettuce all your life

Animals aren't vegan though.

I was in taiwan and the faggots there were all proud of the fact that they were vegetarian. Comes to find out they were flavoring the soy processed food with real meat flavor and juices!

Omgggggg

>Still no resources

None from you either.

kiss kiss kiss kiss!

Thats why they taste SO good. Im gonna go to carls jr and get a triple thick burger mmmm the juices running down my chin ...mmmmm