Liverpool sign Wijnaldum

>Liverpool complete signing of Wijnaldum for £25m

Liverpool Football Club have today completed the signing of Netherlands international Georginio Wijnaldum from Newcastle United.

The 25-year-old has signed a long-term deal with the Reds to seal a return to the Premier League and will now jet out to join the club's ongoing tour of the United States.

After completing a switch to Anfield on Friday, he told Liverpoolfc.com: “I’m really excited because Liverpool is a big club with a great history and it’s always a dream to play for as big a club as Liverpool.”

He also commented on the prospect of working alongside Jürgen Klopp, adding: “[He seems] a great man - from the outside - because I don’t know how he works yet and I have to work with him.

“[But] I always love to watch him, his passion as a trainer, I like how he enjoys the game. He gives something back to the group [with his passion] so I look forward to working with him.”

Wijnaldum scored 11 goals in 38 league appearances in his maiden season in England following a move from PSV Eindhoven last summer.

The Dutchman, who also previously represented Feyenoord, has 30 international caps to his name.

He joins Loris Karius, Joel Matip, Marko Grujic, Sadio Mane, Ragnar Klavan and Alex Manninger as a fresh face in Klopp's squad ahead of the 2016-17 campaign.

Other urls found in this thread:

thesetpieces.com/features/transfer-window-myth-busting/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

>£25m
lol

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
SIGNING WIJNALDUM FOR
>TWENTY FIVE MILLION POUND STERLING

>Ibe + Allen for Wijnaldum +3m

Sounds good to me

>This damage control
HAHAHAHAHA

FUCKING WIJNALDUM

WHAT HAPPENED TO GOTZE M8?

>>Ibe + Allen for Wijnaldum +3m

>Sounds good to me

What fucking point are you making?

>liverpoo

>£25,000,000
>for a Championship player
Truly a midtable club

He doesn't seem to be liked by Newcastle fans, but he has some good stats for his first year in the league and was the Erdivisie player of the year the year before. May be a better signing than people give credit for.

Is it really that hard to comprehend? We're selling Ibe and Allen for £28m, and signing Wijnaldum for £25m, sounds good enough to me.

People keep sperging out over every transfer not understanding the new TV deal has inflated prices again

Newcastle fans genuinely think he was one of the reasons they went down. Him and Moussa Sissoko put no effort in whatsoever.

Sup Forumstards forget that it's 2016, these prices are normal nowadays

Except in the last friendly they were singing "Wijnaldum we want you to stay, Sissoko we want you to go"

are you guys fucking retarded? this is actually decent price for him.

>TWENTY FIVE MILLION
>FOR A CHAMPIONSHIP PLAYER

He scored 11 goals from a midfield position for a shitty club, that's not bad at all.
If Klopp can get him to work harder and suit his gegenpressing model then he could be quite an astute signing.

Allen is 10x better player than Wijnaldum.

He scored 4 of them against Norwich and never scored away from home

>he still believes in gegenpressing
He scored tap ins and shit goals, nothing special. He's shit, and Newcastle will laugh all the way to the bank with that £25,000,000

Wijnaldum 25M
Mane 30-34M

Two average niggers who have the odd good game here and there for nearly 60M. The Klopp effect indeed.

He's by no means world-class, but I certainly think he's an improvement on Jordon Ibe for example

I've got mates who support Liverpool and even they think £25m is too much.

>implying

Well, gegenpressing is Klopp's style of play. I don't know exactly what you mean by 'believe' in it.

>hurrr durrr black people are bad :(((

edgy

thesetpieces.com/features/transfer-window-myth-busting/

why do you idiots not understand how transfers work. it's not as simple as hurr durr this player cost dis much an dat player cost dat much so if i minus dem togever den itz a bargin init

What's wrong with 25m? When Barca just bought that shitty portuguese player for 50m.

>He's by no means world class
>But he's certainly an improvement on a shit, youth player
Nice

But they are average niggers.

Klopp is quite clearly changing his system because gegenpressing doesn't work in the BPL.

Hence why he's signing several centre attacking mids. He's going more narrow

I feel like this whole summer is going to just be people laughing at transfer fees and by next year everyone will be used to the new prices

That shitty Portuguese player just won the Euros and didn't get relegated with a club like Newcastle

Definitely is, only worried that he was sort of a cunt that didn't put the effort in for the Newcastle at the end of the season. Definitely a good player though, ABLs will meme but if Liverpool sign Gini this time last year they wouldn't be shitposting nearly as much.

meant for

Only ONE of the following statements is false. Can you identify which?

- Jurgen Klopp is bigger than Liverpool FC

- Jose Mourinho is bigger than Manchester United FC

- Pep Guardiola is bigger than Manchester City FC

- Arsene Wenger is bigger than Arsenal FC

He hasn't signed a single centre attacking mid since he's been at Liverpool. If you watch them on a regular basis you'll see that is how they play consistently. A good example of this is Adam Lallana, a player many would say does not deserve to be there on merit but suits Klopp's playing style, so he plays every week.

That's because we didn't know how shit he was

>just won the Euros
Are you implying he had any part in that win? Also it wasn't Wijnaldum's fault that Newcastle are shit.

>sign wijy for 12 million
>plays shite all season, helps team get relegated
>value somehow doubles

Pep Guardiola IS bigger than Manchester City FC

Not trolling: when was the last time a player turned out to be a good signing coming from a freshly relegated club? I'm having a hard time coming up with one.

Also,
>25,000,000

Poop m8

Well, it was... He and Sissoko and the two prime candidates as to why Newcastle got relegated. Their work rate was dog shit

>Go off topic
>Scroll back down Sup Forums
>Find this topic again

BAHAHAHAHAHA
>TWENTY FIVE MILLION FUCKING POUND STERLING

Danny Ings

Charlie Austin

So you're admitting you're a pleb in terms of following football and actually dont know what you're talking about. Okay.

>Danny Ings
>Good
pick 1 you fucking slob

>Should've signed Gotze instead

Willing to give Klopp the benefit of the doubt here. If, a year from now, Wijnaldum is still showing up for 1 out of 4 games and being completely invisible for the other 3 then you can surely be critical of this move.

He's definitely not bad.

>Player voted Eredivisie POTY
>Don't know what to expect when he signs for Newcastle
>Turns out to be shit
>Liverpool spend £25m on him

He's about as 'not bad' as Theo Walcott

>Alex Manninger
>fresh face

Lol.

And

>Lallana
>Qtinho
>Wiji
>Firmino

What are their problem?

Do you think Klopp expected Mane and Wijnaldum to be his big summer signings when he accepted the Liverpool job?

Probably expected Gotze

Gotze when lads???

The Klopp factor will bring him in

No, probably because Klopp would have been more likely to take both from Red Bull and PSV directly so they wouldn't have ever been seen as 'big' signings.

>it's an Sup Forums is obsessed with Liverpool episode

WEW

>TWENTY
>FIVE
>MILLION
>POUNDS

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA

>£25m means anything in today's market

Jordan Ibe got sold for £15m for christ sake and he's done nothing

casual

£25,000,000 for a CHAMPIONSHIP PLAYER

fuck off niggerlover

too edgy

All these ABLs

>henderson
>milner
>widjilandum
>markovic
>grujic
>lucas
>coutinho
>firmino
>can
>lallana
dem depth

Just remember it's a mental illness, we can't blame them. Just hope they receive proper treatment soon.

>Do you think Klopp expected Mane and Wijnaldum to be his big summer signings when he accepted the Liverpool job?

All of the signings so far have been players that Klopp pushed for.

He's said time and time again he's not interested in managing some oil team with unlimited funds, he loves to build a team from scratch and watch it beat teams that cost way more to put together.

I have no idea why people struggle with this concept

Roy Keane

This, Klopp wants to make a team that will work hard as part of a unit and do whatever he wants them to. He doesn't want some "star player" who's gonna come in with an ego and do his own shit

That's why Liverpool got Klopp in the first place, because Liverpool can't just outspend United, City, Chelsea and win the league. They have to try do it a different way

>He doesn't want some "star player" who's gonna come in with an ego and do his own shit
Instead he got Wijnaldum who does his own shit with an ego but isn't a star player.

Literally this

>klopp says he doesn't want to sign good players because he knows they wont move to liverpool
>fashions it off by saying it's actually because he wants to build his own team
>scousers believe this
He did it, the absolute madman.

He became a fat benchwarmer

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

TWENTY FIVE MILLION POUNDS

FOR FUCKING WIJNALDUM

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Imagine if Rodgers made these signings.

>£70m for Mane and Wijnaldum and some literal whos
HAHAHAHAHAHA

>be laverplel

end of the season

>were gonna sign Goatse la. Klopp has him wrapped up gonna win the league la big marque signing

Gotze says hes staying at Bayern

>only agent talk la he'll be a red before the end of the winda la

Gotze signs for Dortmound

>never wanted him la at least he didnt go to spurs

Liverpool sign a player who played for relegated Newcastle last season for 10 million more than Gotze would have cost

>Whynaldum is the new pogba la

>le have 1 good game all season and then disappear until my team is relegated man

ABLs keep pouring in to obsess.

Imagine being from the USA and idolising the worst city in the UK

Who also really isn't THAT bad. Does everyone on LFC have to be fucking world class for you? Fucks sake

Good job Liverpool
When the spurs win the league and you guys get bumped off from 6th place, most likely by west ham or Leicester, you can wave from the bottom

As long as people pretend they're anything but a midtable team they probably should have players who aren't midtable players (or relegated lol).

>caring about people caring about something far away

Wew

Truly a mental disease...

Really makes you think

>worst city
>Liverpool

You spelled Birmingham wrong la

No one in America supports Hull

Squawka Football @ Squawka
2h
Georginio Wijnaldum has scored 65 goals in 181 games in his last 6 league campaigns. Superb record from midfield.

11 goals/5 assists - Newcastle 2015/2016
16 goals/3 assists - PSV Eindhoven 2014/2015
started Holland's last 5 games of 2014 World Cup (Chile, Mexico, Costa Rica, Argentina, Brazil) and scored a goal in the 3rd Place game vs Brazil

Klopp likes guys who can run and only three Liverpool players covered more distance per game than Wijnaldum last season. Klopp also say Wijnaldum firsthand in December when Wijnaldum scored both goals in Newcastle's 2-0 spanking of Liverpool. As well as producing the 2 goals, Wijnaldum ran further (11.9km), made more sprints (71) and won possession (12) more times than any of his team-mates, which Klopp loves to see

Klopp already has Philippe Coutinho, Adam Lallana and Roberto Firmino competing for the No 10 spot, so Wijnaldum is more likely to find himself on the left-hand side with new signing Sadio Mane providing a fresh option on the right.

He did it in BVB. Maybe he might be able to do it in Liverpool too!

Anyone else notice how Liverpool has become a team full of niggers?

Used to be the whitest team in the land.

No coincidence they've become even bigger bed-shitting losers than ever

Top analysis

>the city of slipperpoo

How will he celebrate when they draw 2-2 at home to Middlesborogh

Sounds like Klopp is playing moneyball

go back to Sup Forums

if Brenny signed Mane and Wijnaldum people would be having a fucking meltdown

what a waste of time to sympathize with this club when their aim is 5~8th every year

So spending £150 mil with a team like Liverpool is different to spending £150 with a team like man city. Good to know

Even as a Liverpool fan, I find this move complete bullshit. Fees as big as £25m should be spent on established top-quality players like Lacazette, not literal relegation fodder like this. Don't care if it's the transfer committee or Klopp, whoever sanctioned this transaction fucked up massively.