What are the rules of baseball, Sup Forums?

Can you explain the rules of baseball to a stupid yuropoor, American friends?

Other urls found in this thread:

mlb.mlb.com/mlb/downloads/y2015/official_baseball_rules.pdf
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

mlb.mlb.com/mlb/downloads/y2015/official_baseball_rules.pdf

>282 pages

Fuck that, I'm sticking with football.

just have fun. that's the only rule. :)

At its most basic form, there are 9-10 guys per team. The game is divided into inning where the teams take turns batting. They switch turns if one side gets 3 outs. You can get an out if a batter hits the ball and it gets caught before it hits the ground, if a baseman has the ball at a base before a runner gets there, or the batter gets 3 strikes, which can be gotten either by swinging and missing the baseball or by just not swinging when the baseball is pitched into the strikezone. You score a point by running around all the bases and getting to home plate. If you hit the ball out of the playing field your team automatically gets a point and additional points for every guy on your team who is on a base. The 9 defensive positions are the pitcher (who pitches the ball), catcher (who stands behind home plate and catches the pitched balls), the basemen (who stand at the bases to get batters out when they run the bases), the outfielders (who stand far out in order to catch balls going far out) and the shortstop (who stands around in the inner field). Offensively there is another little thing in the American League (there are two major leagues, the National League and American League, NL and AL) called the Designated Hitter. He replaces the pitcher in the batting order because pitchers usually suck balls at batting. Also for batters if they hit the ball too far to the left or right its a foul ball and counts as a strike although you cannot get an out on a foul.

Don't worry baseball is a faggot ass game full of crybabies

Unwritten rules of baseball: Do not celebrate your homeruns too much or my feels might get hurt and everyone will come off the bench with me

If someone hits someone with a baseball while pitching, even incidental, throw a baseball at their star player.

If someone throws a ball too close to a player, even incidental, throw a baseball at their star player..

The list goes on too long for me to care.

wise choice la

I'd throw a baseball at your sorry ass anyday.

>hit ball with stick
>run in square
>wait 2 hours for your next turn

>run in square

It's a diamond, you stupid fat faggot

o no i m so sorry, did i run too slow around the bases after a bad pitch your pitcher threw causing a homerun?

Just watch games and learn.

They don't call the NFL the no fun league for nothing

90% of the rules never even come up and are there simply so certain loopholes cannot be abused

Thank you.

How much does an inning last?

One inning gets split in half to give both teams a chance to score. in the first half a team is given 3 outs to score as many runs as they possibly can. After those outs are used up 2nd half of the inning begins. In the second half of the inning the other team get 3 outs to score as many runs as they can. After the second team uses up all their outs the inning ends and the next one begins. There are a total of 9 innings.

no time limit

About five minutes. To be exact it's 4:56, not sure why that is though

You are called out if you're hit by a batted ball before a fielder can make a play, if you cause interference, if you stray from the basepath, or if you bunt foul with two strikes on the count.

Also it is set up so the road team will always open the inning and the home team will aways close the inning. This is where home field advantage comes into play in baseball, in that the home team will alway get to close out the inning, meaning if the game goes into extra innings(game is tied after 9 innings, and whoever scores the most in the extra inning wins) they can potentially end the game on one swing.

It's a game of respect. And when that respect is broken, they settle it like men by beating the shit out of each other. And since teammates have each other's back, they do what any bro would do, and clear the dugout to help them beat the shit out of each other.

Ken Griff FTW! He hit a foul ball right towards me. And I was too lazy to get off my fat American ass to go get it.

During the infamous 10ยข Beer Night Riot, Billy Martin grabbed a bat and led the Rangers into the mob to protect his players from drunken Clevelanders who were armed with bottles, knives, and a few stadium chairs.