/nba/ general - on topic edition

Basketball related and not off topic

Other urls found in this thread:

theringer.com/no-one-wants-dion-waiters-2016-nba-free-agency-4baed802faa0#.4rohrajvh
espn.go.com/blog/nba/rumors/post/_/id/38974/nba-rumor-central-sixers-not-an-option-for-dion-waiters
nba.nbcsports.com/2016/07/22/derrick-rose-on-knicks-theyre-saying-us-and-golden-state-are-the-super-teams/?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter
sports.yahoo.com/news/sources-thunder-rescind-qualifying-offer-to-dion-waiters-040352448.html
sports.yahoo.com/news/front-office-insider-russell-westbrooks-000000869.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Apparently no team wants Dion Waiters. There's a possibility he resigns with OKC as they still have his bird rights.

theringer.com/no-one-wants-dion-waiters-2016-nba-free-agency-4baed802faa0#.4rohrajvh

espn.go.com/blog/nba/rumors/post/_/id/38974/nba-rumor-central-sixers-not-an-option-for-dion-waiters

makes sense

who would want to listen to AND-1 all practice long

Are you confusing him with Draymond?

James Harden is actually a really good player

No not really.

Has he ever tried to play hard defense in his life?

I don't think so. Maybe in the 2012 Finals with OKC.

Cockshits thread?

Lads, can anyone post that Lebron Costanza image? I need it, thanks

>LeBron

>people making arguements on twitter than heat should have offered wade the dirk contract

lol people are retarded. the mavs have a lot of older pieces and the heat have a core of young players

>on topic
we might just be able to do that now that all the trips got BTFO completely

having a veteran superstar is usually an invaluable thing, especially on an older team.
I did say 'usually', because if you have a guy like Kobe, and young guys like Bully, Snitch, and Clarkson, it's seems like they didn't learn much. But, from what I know, players like Dragic, Tyler Johnson, and Winslow were learning a lot from Wade

especially on a young team***

what are you implying?

nba.nbcsports.com/2016/07/22/derrick-rose-on-knicks-theyre-saying-us-and-golden-state-are-the-super-teams/?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

>Blake Griffin rookie year
>22 and 12
>Blake Griffin 6th season
>21 and 8

I still don't understand why so many teams are pursuing him, he's already 27, as soon as the athleticism is gone he is Shawn Kemp 2.0.

Patrick Ewing
Blake Grifin
Matt Barnes
Eric Gordon
Tony Parker

vs

Alonzo Mourning
Shawn Kemp
Lamar Odom
JJ Reddick
Darren Collison

Who defeats?

Ewing>Mourning
Griffin

what is the best youtube channel to learn some basketball drills, /nba/ f.am?

>Blake Griffin rookie year
>Jordan: 7 RPG
>Blake Griffin 6th season
>Jordan: 14 RPG

Why are you comparing him to michael jordan? They don't even play the same position and it's a totally different era

does draymond green make the top-5 of dirtiest of all time?

not SuperHandles, his dumbass tries to teach children 12 and under the most advanced and useless 'And-1' tier moves when the children barely have a grasp for the fundamentals
just work on fundamental stuff like ball control, speed will dribbling, shot form, shot range, and footwork.

No

You can't even be dirty now

idk, but he just proved my point

Because he's still a good player but he's just not a good fit for the Clippers anymore.

OKC is the only team that legitimately needs Blake, will push for him the hardest, and has a chance since he's born and raised there. Russ can act as a draw as well, But they already have a bunch of PF's and need one that can space the floor as a stretch 4 with three point shooting since Blake can't do that. So get rid of Kanter or Ilyasova?

Laimbeer
Oakley
Bowen
Mahorn
Malone

does the list feel right for dirtiest of all time?

Miami and Celtics are reportedly after him, if they got him it's not like that would push them over the edge, especially considering what they would have to trade
and wouldn't OKC have to trade Westbrook to realistically have a chance at Griffin?

Not even OKC needs him.

He's an obsolete PF that can't make threes and a combo of Kanter and Ilyasova is still better.

Kanter's jumper is much more consistent and he can space the floor is needed.

Westbrook and Blake combo on the fast break tho...

Malone really should be a duo with Stockton

>wouldn't OKC have to trade Westbrook to realistically have a chance at Griffin

This may be the dumbest comment I've seen

Wade desu

Literally the opposite, I don't even...

Westbrook plus being home is the biggest advantage to getting Blake, without Westbrook he'd just waste his prime on his hometown team because Blake isn't a championship caliber franchise player or a superstar like Westbrook.

it's called a three team trade, what else would be big enough for the Thunder to trade for Blake

ah yes good one.

i was thinking of thomas, but wade is more efficient.

>trade

It's called Free Agency retard.

>trading for Blake when he only has one year on his contract

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Thank god you'll never be a GM

>implying Westbrook is staying with OKC in 2017
wtf are you talking, it's either trade him now or watch him leave
better chance of him resigning than Westbrook

>casuals on /nba/ legitimately think ANY team is dumb enough to trade for a top tier player with only one year on his contract

Read about the Melo trade. It's better to wait until they're free agents and to sign them to a long term deal instead of a trade were you gut your team, losing valuable pieces, and to risk them leaving a year later. You keep all your assets, use them to draw the free agent, and sign them without losing a single thing.

okay, well bye bye Westbrook
see you on the 2017-2018 Los Angeles [spoiler]Lakers[/spoiler]

Steph Curry is the best player of all time imo

stockton

No evidence of that. It all depends on how well the Thunder do this season with Westbrook leading them.

All reports already show OKC has no interest in trading Westbrook.

Your information is outdated.
The Dion Waiters situation showed what the plans of the Thunder are with Westbrook and since he was rescinded, making him a URFA, that means they are making cap space to renegotiate Westbrook's contract, Woj dropped the bomb and now everyone is scrambling in damage control to change the narrative to Westbrook staying to lead the team.

Before a renegotiation was a bad idea money wise but recently the pprojected cap raise for next year was lowered, so you're not losing much moey by resigning now instead of next year, then there's the threat of a lock out. So securing your money now is better than later.

sports.yahoo.com/news/sources-thunder-rescind-qualifying-offer-to-dion-waiters-040352448.html

>Nevertheless, Westbrook is a proponent of the young talent on the Thunder roster and is eager to lead the team in the 2016-17 season, sources said. So far, league sources said, teams that have reached out to the Thunder about trading for Westbrook have been told that he isn’t available.

>snakeposting

>let me leave this good team that's closer to my age and with high tier playoff experience for the second worst team in the NBA

Do you hear yourself talk sometimes?

Harden plays solid defense for the US national team under Krzyzezsinszki or whatever the fuck your coach's name is.

Where the fuck is Dennis the Menace? Literally the biggest non-Laimbeer troll in NBA history.

Full break down of the money situation is here.

sports.yahoo.com/news/front-office-insider-russell-westbrooks-000000869.html

I kinda wanna play NBA 2k. But I'm wondering if I should just wait for the next year version.

>second worst team in the NBA
>last season

7th seed is ours nigga

good one bosniaBro

I really don't think Westbrook is the type of guy who will make a life decision based on another guy coming to play with him, do you?
If not the Lakers, he will go somewhere to contend, and be the unquestioned leader of the team.
>pic related is for you

*Herzegowina

Fuck anyone that wants Westbrook gone.

There's more entertainment value to him staying.

>is justified in being pissed and gunning for Durant during the season
>has all the keys to franchise handed to him and can do whatever he wants
>gets the full go ahead to taking all the shots and averaging a triple double
>can now get funneled the ball Kobe style and have a 80 point game
>motivated to actually attempt having a MVP season now that KD isn't taking his shine

Black Mamba season is approaching.

Mostar?

Was your great grand father the guy who sparked ww1

Even if he leads a 50 win team, and has the ability to attract any free agent he wants, there is no telling if he leaves or not. Kevin Durant didn't leave because he loved OKC.

WEW KOBE

I'M HYPED ALREADY

>tfw he gets double teamed every position with KD gone
>he averages a triple double with 10 TOpg

@69663289
Hey Harry. Kys you snake posting faggot.

Gavrilo was from Bosansko Grahovo, so no senpai...

don't @ me kevin durant ever again

>monkey switching sports now that bra7i1 is the laughing stock of the world

stick to divegrass dijego, no one wants you here

Lakers are still a bad team though
won't even sniff 8th seed

Contrary to popular belief Westbrook passes the ball a lot, you don't average 10 assists without doing that. So double teaming him is dumb since he'll exploit it. Plus most people can't even attempt to double team him without him using his athleticism to split it, driving to the rim, kicking back the ball, or going for a layup/dunk.

HI /NBA/

Hello!

hi nigel

Nah, Grude. But Mostar is only 40 min away, so...

Nah, I'm not a jew.

>average 10 apg
>have best scorer in the world as my teammate
>teammate leaves
>average ?? apg

>inb4 2014-2015 triple double streak
every team had played the Thunder up until the end of the season already, everyone was ready to play a team led by Kevin Durant and had a game plan for Kevin Durant, all Westbrook did was take advantage of the unprepared and overconfident teams they laid in front him. People will be ready for Westbrook all by himself and he will be trash. Also, most of the triple doubles came in losses and were blatant examples of stat stuffing

>this delusion

Wow, stop posting.

>t. Devin Booker

>t. Eric Bledsoe

@69663451

>not a jew

you serbian bro?

REMINDER

KD>Duncan

I think with Victor Oladipo KD would've had a chance to beat Golden State in the playoffs.

Roberson was just as good of a defender, Oladipo is obviously the better scorer and free throw shooter, but obviously offensive talent wasn't the problem with that Thunder team

@69663516

Fuck off Harry

But he would take pressure off of both Westbrook and KD so they don't need to make as much tough shots.

Croat. There are literally NO Serbs and Bosniaks in my place. Only one Albanian family holding a bakery. There's one smart Pajeet working as a chemistry scientist for this big company.

well, Waiters, and Kanter were supposed to do that
still blew it

>year 2 in nba2k mygm
>lebron signs for the celtics
>Kobe signs for the fucking Hornets on a 2 year deal
>I have Lin and Derozen as the Nets' backcourt
This mode is bonkers

>supposed to
ya we know

It's in t'humble bundle but I'd wait

they can't make myplayer worse

I hate the tough shot meme.
Those two guys for whatever reason love making tough shots. There's no excuse for them not to pass the ball if they're not open. They guy they're passing to doesn't even need to make the shot, just readjust your position, get open, try again.

Westbrook thrives on running into three guy under the rim and getting a foul or putting up mid range jumpers regardless on who's around him,

Durant purposely makes one on one iso and the jacks up terrible three points after dribbling out the clock even if others are open.

They have no excuses, they just chose the hard road on purpose because they're either dumb or love the challenge that much.

still not as crazy as real life off season

not very realistic but fun as fuck. I started with a fantasy draft and let the computer draft for me. Got KAT and 4 peated from 2021-2024. Now I have a young athletic team built around 32yo KAT and AD. There is a 6'8 98 overall in the Celtics, pretty much Magic 2.0

i should visit B-H at some point.
have they fixed the Mostar bridge?
wrong jersey

>supposed to
What do you mean? They hardly pass to Kanter, he's on the front court the idea of taking off pressure is reserved for the SG so the nearest defenders are less likely to try double teams and they can scramble the defense and make easier shots.

Waiters is unreliable and his defense isn't good enough. The biggest problem with OKC has always been a lack of a two way SG that can score 15 consistently and defend well.

Yall going to watch team usa game tonight? Facebook is streaming it.

what time is it on? does it overlap with the sonic announcement?

ok

9pm est.