/box/ Adonis Chickenson edition

What's your favourite post fight interview moment?

Also: Crawford - Pistol this saturday/sunday. But I just can't give a shit about super lightweights

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=liwDVF69Cis
youtube.com/watch?v=xoRDX9xxhvY
youtube.com/watch?v=e-R22GtjDxA
youtube.com/watch?v=HV8A7jCf4Cg
youtube.com/watch?v=eFnEo867aDM
youtube.com/watch?v=bJcI5dOU5lQ
twitter.com/AnonBabble

i've always loved this interview:

youtube.com/watch?v=liwDVF69Cis

I meant Postol of course, not Pistol lol

Find A Better Boxer

Reminder

Let's settle this, are you a Lonsdale man or are you an Everlast man user?

Lonsdale ofc

I really don't care lol

Both chav brands to absolutely avoid if you aren't into boxing.

Kovalev vs Bellew who wins how

This man calling out his colleagueRoy Jones and HBO for delivering a shit product after Roy Jones beat up a fuckin bum cop wanna fighter. It was hilarious. I think in 2003.

Tuf wear

ionsdale for me lol

Wow almost got 6 6s

The frazier fight? One of the funniest dives of all time

I respect box.

Tell your parents, just hi, i come back

youtube.com/watch?v=xoRDX9xxhvY

this is gonna be good

>What's your favourite post fight interview moment?

Paulie Malignaggi, "Boxing is bullshit!"

youtube.com/watch?v=e-R22GtjDxA

Kovalev KOs himself after hearing Bellew speak

Looking forward to seeing Gvozdyk again tonight

He, Loma, Usyk, Shelestyuk and Derevyanchenko are the tits

How come this year's Ukrainian Olympic team is so weak compared to the one in London 2012?

not an interview but this'll always be the best post-fight moment

>don't do it son

youtube.com/watch?v=HV8A7jCf4Cg

Postol a good value at +425

What do you think they were both thinking at this exact moment?

Everlast attire is sold at Sears now so Lonsdale

Honestly I don't see the big fuss for Crawford OR Postol. Crawford's best win is a super featherweight who had him hurt more than once and Postol would've lost to Matthysse if he hadn't headbutted him repeatedly and aggravate a pre-existing eye injury.

>tfw this is a way to set up Alvarez - Saunders for the WBO middleweight title (at 160lbs, not Caneloweight) next spring, then Golovkin-Alvarez for all the belts next September

matthysse is the most overrated fighter of the 2010's. he lost to literally every semi-decent fighter except petersoon

yeah he's like Provodnikov lol

Why is this a PPV?

I understand a shitload of people (for some reason) are willing to pay to see huge names like Floyd or Wlad for example, but these two are literally whos to even the casual boxing fan, nobody's gonna catch this fight just on the off chance and it's not gonna raise their profiles one bit outside the ever shrinkng boxing world

And people wonder why the sport is dying

>Why is this a PPV?
was thinking the same thing. Maybe they're gambling on the entire state of Nebraska buying this, I dunno.

He lost fair and square to two good fighters in Garcia and Postol and that's it. His resume is solid and he's better than many fighters who call themselves champions.

He beat the shit out of Provodnikov.

HBO couldn't afford to buy it so Top Rank have to trust in PPV to cover their expenses. This model will probably become increasingly common on HBO as their budget declines.

youtube.com/watch?v=eFnEo867aDM

Meanwhile Cotto loses every time he steps up and is hailed as a HOF'er.

Mosley and Judah were very good wins

because he actually stepped up and fought the best in their primes with no bullshit unlike a certain someone...

Because HBO doesnt care about boxing anymore, especially when HBO subscribers only care about Game of Thrones or whatever TV series HBO is promoting these days.

their target is only 75,000 buys iirc. I'm going to buy it myself, whether or not everyone knows Crawford he's an exciting fighter and it's a good match up.

youtube.com/watch?v=bJcI5dOU5lQ
undercard is on

This whole situation has shown how hypocritical boxing fans are. For years we've been hearing about how only the best fights between top fighters should be PPV instead of the mismatches involving popular fighters we normallyget. Then that happens and people complain that only the popular fighters are the ones that should be on PPV.

PPV shouldn't exist at all, it's an anachronism and is killing the sport

ufc has done pretty well with ppvs

if you typed la instead of lol u would be a millionaire

kek who's this yang motherfucker

We having the fight thread in here?

>the only punch he landed in 2 rounds was the one that broke his fragile British chin

Are they gonna fight in the UK or something?

That card isn't on HBO PPV.

+900 for KO.

Easy money?

I've always wanted to buy a boxing PPV but I don't know anybody who watches boxing and I ain't paying 60 bucks to watch something alone in my house

I'm paying 50 bucks to watch it alone in my house ;_;

Gvoszdyk v Karpency in 30 minutes

pretty good fight on PBC right now

Was watching that too. Little Figueroa looked pretty good

>Gvoszdyk dropped

holy shit

RIP bob arum

Aside from youtube highlights your ass has never seen him fight, so fuck off.

I would've bought the PPV had the under card not sucked ass

Just stream it.
Save your shekels for GGG vs Brook or Kovalev vs Ward.....Hell, wait for crawford to fight pacquiao in November and see the torch get passed

The undercard isn't that bad, really. Wish Ramirez didn't injure his hand, though.

GGG v Brook is free, so that's good. But it's going to be in the afternoon instead of at night since time zones and shit.

saw postol struggle with hank lundy and crawford destroy him, we'll see though

Kings man

It's free because it's in the UK, Brits are paying for us :^)

is there an acestream for this fight?

yeah that nose is gone

Wish the Brits are paying for Canelo v Smith too.

>90,000 seating stadium

I wonder if half of that shit will be filled lol. Canelo v Khan didn't even sell out.

fug he didn't dare get up

Karpency quits

Yeah because it works for them as they are a monopoly and boxing isn't. In ufc the best have to fight the best in boxing you don't have too, the champ can pick who he fights which turns into shit fights not ppv worthy.

Canelo in a recent interview said he was hoping he would fill the stadium.

In my opinion Oscar is feeding him whatever he wants to hear and he's eating it up like an idiot.

benavidez jr is good

Benavidez v Santana next

>Santana's wife
HNNNNNNNGG

>the ref on PBC raised the wrong hand at the official decision

The best.
Everlast mx are sweet, but nothing has the pop like cleto.

Anyone have an HBO stream for crawford vs postol?

FISH FISH FISH FISH FISH

Delete this more people = more lag

No prob. It's already pretty laggy, but I cant watch the brit feed....The commentating is horrid

fucking good fight so far

Isnt the white mohawk coach the idiot who trains Victor Ortiz?

agreed

Phone booth. Hope they start bombing down the pipe. Both seem smart on the inside.

jesus that leverage on the upper

Anyone actually buying this PPV?

Nope.
I love boxing, but hate this ppv bullshit. Buying this fight makes 0 sense; it's no where near ppv worthy

Holy shit, Crawford put on 17 pounds overnight for this fight.

Weighed in at 140 yesterday, 157 tonight.

he was 157 for the gamboa fight too, gamboa was like 141 lol

not unreasonable.

Pretty sure Canelo comes into the ring at almost 180. Thats like a 25 lb weight cut.

canelo is a little tank

If Pacquiao is 5 years younger he might be able to take the fight against Crawford easy. But now, I don't know.

This is something I've been thinking about since this fight was announced. What makes a fight PPV worthy for us, the fans? They are the two best at 140 by some distance, both are in their primes, its a unification fight, and the winner would be placed in the top 10, maybe top 5 p4p. And yet basically everyone, myself included, doesn't feel that this is PPV worthy. Is marketing (hype, buzz, anticipation, popularity) really that important for us all? Shouldn't we be smarter than that? And if it is not the marketing, then what else is making it not PPV worthy?

Sadly its all marketing, which is why canelo can fight pretty much anyone and demand a PPV. This will not do more than 40k buys.

the commentators are just disgusted by Benevitez's laziness kek

Canelo comes in at 172-175..

And Canelo can get away with ducking GGG to fight liam fucking smith.
"Im mexican, we dont fuck around"........cringe

I'm hoping the backlash of ducking Golovkin kills his next PPV. No one should give him another penny.

I knew he wasn't going to fight GGG, I was really hoping he would fight lemiuex at 160

That was like 3 fights ago when he still did fight night weigh-ins.

I wouldn't be surprised if he's hiding his weight because he keeps going up.

Which is crazy, since he's fighting at 154 in September. He's killing himself just to BARELY make 155.

the younger Maidana brother looks to be promising

>100-90
>98-92

holy shit lel