Linux is a waste of time. I spent all day trying to get steam to install and work. Didn't happen...

Linux is a waste of time. I spent all day trying to get steam to install and work. Didn't happen, then all night trying to get a game to install from a zip file, did not happen. Linux is waste of time, for all you I.T majors, don't bother. Just go was OSX or Windows. You will waste days trying to get linux to work, with what would take 10 mins with windows or OSX, FUCK YOU LINUX. I want my day back

Other urls found in this thread:

packages.ubuntu.com/xenial/games/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

>OSX

I have to agree with you. I once had Linux and just to get the shit out of a zip file was worse than hell

Windows>OSX
#Gotem

Yup you need a brain to use Linux. Please stick to winsuckz or mac$hit. I'm really amazed that you actually achieved to pass the google "I'm not a robot" test... clap clap

Use a package manager, you retard, and don't fuck with things you don't understand before you are educated enough to understand them and not just believing your ass became smarter just from running a different consumer operating system.

You don't know how to handle shit on any other system anyway.

All OSes are shit.

Don't waste your time with computers.

Package manger wasn't not working to get steam. Spent all day trying to make it work, and i am still getting a error. Plus the game I downloaded game in a zip file. so I could not apt-get install. I have been learning computers for a while, and all my classes use windows. Windows and OSX is faster and simpler. i don't know why people just dont redesign linux to be more simple. Face linux is a sloppy shit show. You press download, then run the auto installer, BAM it is that easy. But linux makes shit that should be simple complicated as fuck.

but how else are we suppose to reach the next world

Anyone who fucks with Linux is a total fag with no life whatsoever.

Why fuck with some gay operating system for days just to get something to work correctly when you could just use a far superior OS, like Windows or Mac OS? Don't even waste your time with that gay shit. There's literally no advantage to using that gay shit. It's even more obscure now than it was 10 years ago. How the fuck does that work?

Linux are made for clever people , who wants make new things and programs. Windows for gaming is 10/10 Xos, is for people whit money who wants work whit computers. Any perfect. Only you need the OS than u need :)

Well linux is free, you can do much more on a command line on Linux then you can on windows... linux runs well on servers, also linux is what powers all android devices....

Android has maked on linux. All your argument has lost

> Steam
> game in a zip file

You have no idea what you are doing, and no idea why you are doing it.

> all my classes use windows

If they teach you “Windows”, your education is useless. It's like teaching how to multiply 2 by 2 on sheet of paper, and sheet of paper only, instead of teaching multiplication itself.

> Package manger wasn't not working to get steam.

It's not how it is supposed to be, report it on official support channels.

Wtf would I want to do in a command line when I could just use a mouse?

Linux being free doesn't make it good. Remember that you get what you pay for. The hours you spend just trying to get the simplest task completed on Linux could be spent at a minimum wage job, at which you could pay for windows in a few days.

Android is fucking gay.

linux isn't for your personal entertainment station set up

linux is for when you need to tell the computer what to do and you don't want any lip from it
when you screw up, it winds up being your fault, rather than the fault of windows automatically trying to do something

if you're not messing with "exotic" hardware or applications, you probably don't need it

Jesus Christ does anybody on this thread know how to fucking type?

OP is clearly baiting hard or is actually a mentally retarded person who is lost in the world of "Learning computers" whatever the fuck that's supposed to mean.

You do know even on windows you should be efficient with a cammand line right? What will you do if the GUI stops work due to some malicious program?
Then again im assuming you done even know what a GUI is...

I'm so retarded I bought a mac because I was scared i'd have to install the os if i bought a windows laptop and I installed linux mint and any other programs i wanted no problem.

India tech support detected.

>Retard

It has been confirmed from these posts that you are trying to swim in water too deep for your skill level and are better off having your decisions made for you by your operating system like an invalid.

If you didn't want to hand over control... holy shit nevermind i ain't even mad anymore

>What will you do if the GUI stops work due to some malicious program?
well honestly, you're not going to get far in modern windows when that happens
once your gui is locked out, you're not going to be able to get access to the command line anymore

wtf am I reading here

No you are not getting i tried installing steam. I tried getting from the repository and I tired getting it from the steam repository. Neither worked.
So I said fuck it and i tried to get a free open source linux game. I downloaded the zip from the website. But guess what, linux is shit, and won't let me install the game, run the launch script. It useless.
I was taught windows servers and i was i was taught about security. I am a information security major. I learn about firewalls, and wifi and password strengths and shit.
Trust me with as shit as linux no school could afford to train people with linux. What should be a 10 min task ends up being days with fucking linux. Because it is so poorly fucking made. Like linux should learn from windows and osx. But they are to busy with their head up their ass to make things simple. Make things more easy to install. Focus on a few distro then having a bunch of shitty ones to choose from. Work on driver issues.

>too poorly written; didn't read
I'm a retard and linux isn't hard to install or use for me

>this guy works in IT
>This guy was taught windows

>Linux is a waste of time.
This is news to you?

It's great for a server or anything embedded though.

try arch faggot and then tell me your sob story of how you don't know how to use Linux.

#stoprightthere
#gotem
nice one user,
had me on kek

T..Troll? I think? Attention seeking a bunch?

Wrong I want my operating system to obey me. If i say install you fucking install. I don't want to say install and then it say.
>need drivers
>not compatible
>error
>need to add source list
>This package is out dated or no longer in use
>You need this package to run the appt
>This package is out dated or no longer in use
>cannot locate
The list of bull shit goes on and on.

>a far superior OS
They are not yours and won't ever be. Despite media propaganda and blurring over the issue, it's stupid to consider an adversary agent running on your system, and sometimes actively working against you, "superior". You just follow the flock that considers anal rape with brand name lube convenient and useful occupation vastly different from any other anal rape.

Also, as someone who actually worked with everything you mention, I should say that amount of knowledge needed to fix any other system is no different. You just never did anything serious on your computer but consider yourself an expert.

>Like linux should learn from windows and osx.

You speak of Linux like its a company and there is a team making decisions. Also learn for windows and osx. You mean how to have shitty API or mine your data to better advertise to you, or how about making almost impossible to decide what your OS does.

The live usb i made wouldn't even boot up.

Cause you are retarded. Try reading the arch wiki again.

right-click -> extract here

if that's to dificult...

I primarily use Linux + gnu and I don't think its wasted time. It is a time sink OS but the end result is well worth it.
If I had to choose though, I would use OSX rather than Windows. Can't stand Windows

right-click -> extract here

if that's to difficult...

thats probably because you have no idea what you are doing. keep being a windows degenerate

rename 800+ images with their md5has in three keystrokes.

SHOVE IT UP YOUR ASS YOU STUPID PIECE OF SHIT, YOU HAVE NO FUCKING CLUE WHAT THE FUCK YOU ARE TALKING ABOUT DO YOU?! I BET YOU ARE SOME SORT OF A GENTOO FAGGOT WHO THINGS HE IS BETTER THAN EVERYONE ELSE BECAUSE HE CAN BANG HIS FUCKING DICK ON THE FUCKING KEYBOARD HOPING STEVE JOBS JUMPS OUT OF HIS FUCKING MONITOR AND FUCKS HIM IN THE DICK HOLE. GO FUCK YOURSELF FAGGOT AND PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE!!!! BURN YOUR COMPUTER!!!

...why?

Agreed Linux is terrible. Doing basic things like installing programs often requires extensive googling and it's plain dumb. But Windows is also a terrible. Ubuntu Mate works ok for me.

It is not that difficult. You download a a live-usb created. plug it in, click create and it makes one. But then fuck all happens. I was helping teach a class of kids html. The teacher wanted us to make the kids live linux cds. We had three computers making copies. All but two cd's failed.
Linux is just far to unstable, time sink, and unpredictable and overly complicated.

i've been using linux AND windows privatly and under work conditions for many years and let me tell you this: windows is fucking disgusting compared to linux EVEN THOUGH THEY HAVE SUPPERIOR DRIVER SUPPORT... it is horrible to get a decent programming environment under windows for most languages and most windows software comes with disgusting bloatware that forces you to use alternative tools such as ninite and others. While linux has some shitty problems too, i much prefer it to windows for gaming and working.

> I am a information security major.
> I learn about firewalls, and wifi and password strengths and shit.

That's office manager / support monkey level. You will be useless at information security after university courses unless you live your life in relevant internet communities and absorb knowledge at maximum capacity.

> carefully omits distro name and version
> carefully omits game name

5/10 trolling, > I was only pretending to be retarded

You can make your system obey you, and Linux is the best candidate for that. You just have zero skills and come from a consumer playground where everything faked being under your command.

I run Linux mint 17.3 with no problems whatsoever. maybe you're just a incompetent piece of shit. Also, zip file? A. That file's probably not meant to be run on Linux in the first place, you dumb shit, and even then, there ARE emulators like WINE.

BSD life. FTW

Are you David Gewirtz?

I ran linux for a bit years back....I installed the linux version of Quake I think it was Quake 3) and also had to install openGL....what a friggin nightmare. I don't care if it is easier today....never again

>Ubuntu Mate
How is it??
I don't want kali linux or blackarch. I just want a simple os that will let me run vm's, and let me download a few pen testing tools.

Stop trying to sound cool like you're elite for using a shit platform. There is a reason it isn't used more often, because it blows.

My android is not fucking anyone

Amen

Linux is easy as fuck
>have problem
>Google
>stack exchange
Unlike windows/osx
>toms hardware or some bullshit

as far as linux goes it's pretty entry level but a step above regular ubuntu

Because some software system needs to make sure they all have unique names on disk defined by file contents, and save duplicates only once, for example.

Go back to fucking Sup Forums fucktard

>> carefully omits distro name and version
>> carefully omits game name
I don't know if that was your way of asking me what distro i was using. But it is debian jessie gnome 3
And the game is warsow

> CDs
> 2016

You all were incompetent. Make it boot from an official image on network server, that's how it has been made for literally dozens of years.

>don't take time to learn how something new works
>it's shit
Yeah k

We wanted the kids to have actually copies of fedora to take home.
And it was a free class, it barley got funding, and we where in a old school with no a.c. There was no money for a server.

user you are retarded

>There is a reason it isn't used more often
Because PCs ship with Windows by default.

Linux Ubuntu os has a webpage that has tutorials on everything you need, search Ubuntu help and learn to install through terminal using sudo commands

>I have to agree with you. I once had Linux and just to get the shit out of a zip file was worse than hell
In the shell terminal: unzip
In GUI: right click -> extract here
"worse than hell", you fucking MStard

You need to have a minimum idea of how linux works if you want to use a distro like Debian, stick to Ubuntu if you don't have it, also if they're teaching you IT security under Windows you are wasting your time

I use ubuntu, and it s very estable, and easy to use. Recomended

I'm not your tech support.

What you should have done is asking Warsow team where the hell is their source code repository and intent to have packages included in distributions, why they chose to distribute a single binary for a certain system and a code dump, and complain about *their* script not working on the system it is advertised to. Because it's not *Linux* problem, it's *yours and theirs*.

>trying to install game through apt-get install

but i need to join our god.
I need to see the wire.
Everyone keeps going on about how bad it is that they are teaching me under windows. But the vast majority of offices run windows.

You faggot probably have a Facebook account or something similarly stupid.

People who like to brag about how technologically savvy they are, use something like debian, people who want to appear as a kid next door kind of person use Mint or Mac OS, Aech is mostly for white bearded old men, Ubuntu is for kids to install as an alternate partition. Windows and/or Mac are tied to industrry

Microsoft makes a kwality praduct.

Never sayed what distro i was using or what game I was trying to get to run
>> carefully omits distro name and version
>> carefully omits game name
Go fuck a trap

I installed Steam on Debian stable without problems.

packages.ubuntu.com/xenial/games/

Surprise!

Fucking cuck

steamos is built on debian. Part of the reason why i chose to go with debian. cause i thought for sure steam could run on it easily.

> once your GUI is locked out
> aka explorer.exe is forced to quit
> Win + R
> cmd

no mor acess for mee :'^(

If you can't use the linux command line I think it would be the right time to invest in a noose to kill yourself

How do I download some ram for my computer?

>tfw I want to use only terminal but no proper mtp support

Anyone poasting from an android device is using Linux.
Congrats for joining the Master Race.

mac osx is built on linux. But it isn't linux you hick!

> phoneposting

> mac osx is built on linux

It is not, kid.

Built on Unix, not Linux.

>hurr durr Android FTW

Wut

or BSD. or Mach Kernel. or NextStep.

Definitely not Linux.

This. If you don't need to do anything important and just using it to fap, piss in Sup Forums, or what other plebbit things you Sup Forumstards do; there's no need for you to use linux.

>Shit platform
No, not it isn't. Don't blame your inbred learning disabilities on something you

S T E A M O S, Y O U F A G G O T

hey I just read through this thread but I don't know what's really going on, wahts a linux

Fuck Google.

Thats why i made 2 partitions
Why are you so ignorant?
Linux is fine but for gaming i use windows
Whats the problem you fags?
The solution is so easy.

Partitions I downloaded linux on my second hard drive.
Just don't like having to reboot everytime i want to game.