"It's a matter of taste I know but, personally...

>"It's a matter of taste I know but, personally, I was well miffed to see OK Computer atop the Q "100 Greatest Albums Of All Time". I'm a fan of records, not bands. There's even stuff that The Beatles did which I wouldn't bother replacing if they were robbed off me. The Bends is a great record, but OK Computer and Amnesiac, I really don't see what all the fuss is about. There's nothing on 'em that wasn't being done by Faust 25-years ago."
Is he right?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=u1os6iL5e5c
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

yeah but he's still shit

>I'm a fan of records, not bands
A good approach

>Noel reads Q and takes it very seriously
not surprised, given it's one of those music magazines that has him on the cover on every other issue

wew i'd have never thought noel gallagher would knew who faust is.

says the literal one hit wonder boyband member

is he wrong though?

>There's nothing on 'em that wasn't being done by Faust 25-years ago
fucking what, though?

Not that user but holy fuck yes.

OKC >>> The Bends

yes
and he's a literal one hit wonder so his opinion is invalid

Unless OP can give source I highly suspect this is just bait t b h

It's from an interview with HotPress, but I can't link it because Sup Forums thinks it's spam. Just search "Noel Gallagher HotPress 10th October 2001" and you should find it

>There's nothing on 'em that wasn't being done by Faust 25-years ago
That statement is kind of rich coming from Noel Gallagher, former guitarist of the world's biggest Status Quo tribute band.
I mean he's not even particularly wrong but still.

who the fuck is status quo? i think you mean beatles. their only hit was a beatles rip off.

well yeah
he hasn't provided any evidence at all for his claim that okc even partially sounds like faust never mind completely sounding like faust

big ups for the faust reference, but big downs for that reference not making any sense at all

They hardly sound like the Beatles at all though. Oasis were Slade + Status Quo + The Faces - Everything that was good about those bands

And yet Radiohead managed to have more hit singles then Oasis ever did and were more popular than Oasis ever were despite being highly experimental.

oasis do sound slightly like the beatles, but only if the beatles were whiny arrogant cokeheads

Noel has patrician taste, he's just not trying to make great music, he just want the money and watch football
pretty based t b h

Radiohead is also a one hit wonder band.

Except that most of Oasis' stuff is just 4 chord Slade/Quo-aping pub rock

Where? Even in America, they have had two Top 40 entries, as well as several other songs in the Top 100 of radio airplay.

>highly experimental
bitch hold on

tbf even quo had more artistic range than oasis

Imagine an alternate universe in which Oasis released Kid A instead of Radiohead.

>highly experimental

Kid A wouldn't work with Liam on vocals. Especially post-Be Here Now tour Liam whose voice was permanently damaged.

>tfw Quo did Beatlesesque Psych better than Oasis
youtube.com/watch?v=u1os6iL5e5c

Reminder that based Toronto fans beat Noel up on stage when they played here.

that's pretty dumb to be honest
nice dubs th