What's a good pair of headphones you guys would recommend in between the $90-$200 range?

What's a good pair of headphones you guys would recommend in between the $90-$200 range?

Other urls found in this thread:

thewirecutter.com/reviews/the-best-150-over-ear-headphones/
ebay.com/itm/AKG-Q701-Headphones-Black/172434928133?_trksid=p2047675.c100005.m1851&_trkparms=aid=222007&algo=SIC.MBE&ao=1&asc=38530&meid=f678eaeacd154b9db82ade8f768193b0&pid=100005&rk=1&rkt=6&sd=282290246658&rt=nc
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Bumping for attention

I bought a pair of Sony MDR-7506's after reading the article below and could not be happier with my purchase. The sound is great, but the most important thing is that they are the comfiest headphones I've ever worn. Most headphones make my ears and head hurt after prolonged use, but not these. The only thing that occasionally bugs me is the cord which is wound bungie-style, but sometimes it's a plus since it can stretch really long distances. Besides that they are perfect.

thewirecutter.com/reviews/the-best-150-over-ear-headphones/

Thinking about buying myself a pair of the MDR-7506's, but I got one question.

How well-isolated is the sound on these? I don't listen to music that loud, but if I'm sitting in class listening to music will other people be able to hear it?

I've got the ATH-M50's, they're great for their price.
Good sound with very good mobility.
Only downside is that, depending on the size of your ears, they might get uncomfortable during long wear (2-3 hours). This can be fixed with new pads for a few extra bucks.

They have served me very well for the last few months.

If you're a person that cares for design/looks they ain't a bad choice either.

these are always praised for being cheap but they're always €100

This should really be on It depends on where you intend to using them

That's what you get for being European

don't get the meme50x

I wish american brands like sony were cheaper here

Ah, ok then, sorry about that guys. Hopefully the mods on Sup Forums will be gracious and just give me a warning then.

>american brands like sony

Just going to give you some quick rules:

1) buy used; don't buy a $120 pair of headphones new for $120; buy a $200 pair of headphones used for $118.

2) don't buy mid-range cans; you're gonna wanna spend $130 or so and buy a good manufacturer's medium-range headphones, don't. Medium range is almost always overpriced.

If you want to save money, save money. Don't throw away $40 on some extra padding just so you're not buying the cheap model; buy the cheap model.

Either do that or go high; go for the really good shit. You should probably be able to get a pair of $280 headphones used for $200.

Go used. Go high or go low. Don't go new. Don't go to the middle.

AKG K551/k550

If you just want something cheap for home listening only that doesn't NEED an amp, the Creative Aurvana Live! are a really good choice. Very good sounding for their price, very lightweight fit the only downside is the earpads aren't huge but the clamp force is pretty low so they're still comfortable.

If you're a GAMUR I can also recommend the Kingston HyperX Cloud (Get the 1, Core or X version rather than the II; it has a shitty USB dongle which ruins the sound quality). They're a legitimately good budget headphone with a completely detachable mic. You can also buy Brainwavz earpads for it (they fit perfectly) to make it a really spacious comfortable fit. Relative to the Creative they've marginally not as good sounding (but still good), noticeable heavier (but within normal margins) and way better built. The stock earpads are much more spacious than the CAL!, with the brainwavz ones being huge by comparison. They also have way better noise isolation. I think the creative is an overall better deal though, purely for music.

I recommend you buy these, OP. $240 AKG cans for $127:

ebay.com/itm/AKG-Q701-Headphones-Black/172434928133?_trksid=p2047675.c100005.m1851&_trkparms=aid=222007&algo=SIC.MBE&ao=1&asc=38530&meid=f678eaeacd154b9db82ade8f768193b0&pid=100005&rk=1&rkt=6&sd=282290246658&rt=nc

To follow this up, I feel I should give my impression on the M50/x since they're GOING to be recommended to you by many people. I think they're an overall good sounding headphone, however they have absolutely NO soundstage what-so-ever which is not good enough when you're spending decent money on a headphone. They're just so cramped and 2 dimensional sounding that I found them pretty fatiguing to listen to. It's kinda like having all your music brickwalled. I actually think they're good for portable use but are not up to scratch for home listening where you can do better. They're also pretty tight around the ears.

>Q701

Those headband bumps are literal dealbreakers, so uncomfortable. Much better off getting a used DT880.

Just get the HD 558/598 they're great for music, films and gaming. Never buy gaming cans, ever.

I agree with everything you said about the m50s as a past owner of them. They sound good but are extremely fatiguing and not comfortable to wear, for this reason alone I'd say avoid them.

Ath hd500

>never buy gaming cans, ever

I normally agree, but have you actually used the HyperX? They're based on the Takstar Pro 80 which are some chinese OEM headphone that has a really good reputation for being a good value headphone. They're seriously just a no-bullshit stereo sealed headphone with a detachable mic. For the $70-80US they go for on Amazon I could recommend them without any hesitation, they're one of the extremely rare good gaming headsets.

DT770
UPBOAT IF U AGRE

I have not, and fair enough. But are they better than the 558s? They go for the same price.

i like those, it's what I use for recording.

Haven't used the 558s, so I can't say. It would likely depend on if he wanted sealed or open, and additionally what type of music he listened to.

I upvote the ATH-M50's too, really nice, sturdy, great sounding cans. If you want to get more air, or open-type, try Grado or Beyerdynamic in your range

I know slightly out of your price range but HE400i is on sale for $250 right now. Highly recommend.

Don't get the M50's, most boring headphones ever made.

Get DT770, HD 25-1, SR-225i, K7XX, or even HD598. Go on head-fi and make some research.

This is the best deal here, definitely spend the extra $50 for orthos.

This is me

I like the Sennheiser Momentum headphones, I compared it to the Sennheiser HD598 and actually found them better than the more expensive 598's. Would highly recommend, had them for a year without any issue although now some of the top padding is coming off a bit, but it doesn't effect the quality or comfort-ability, only the way it looks. They were discontinued because a new version was released(for like $400) so it's on sale on amazon with limited stock, I'd suggest you get them but you can't really go wrong with anything in this thread so long as people are honest