Which American sport should I start taking an interest in?

Which American sport should I start taking an interest in?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=bXuP5yGD0SU
youtube.com/watch?v=Mf3Ju1gT91k
youtube.com/watch?v=bDpK4Pdi3pQ
youtube.com/watch?v=_LCANKsbL-M
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

None, they're all shite.

None, they're all bad.

>"sports"

I don't understand

I understand perfectly

if you want something the most like soccer go with hockey

if you want to be bored to death go with baseball

if you want to watch fouls go with basketball

if you want to get drunk and shout at the tv with mates after a bad play go with football

Pick any of them. You'll be amazed when none of the games end in a tie.

Hockey ain't bad

shootouts are shit in hockey though, the ties were fine since they didn't happen all the time

basketball is the most exciting and aesthetically pleasing, but can get annoying. Football is the best sport socially. Baseball if you have too much time on your hands, Hockey if you like trying to find the puck the whole time

If you watch on HD you can follow the puck fine

>can't find the puck meme

it's not the 20th century anymore m8, puck are easy to see now unless you're far away from a tiny screen

>basketball
>exciting

pick one

some of them
no one gives a fuck what you watch

>furpuck
>American

Hockey would be the best as far as quickly learning the rules and it's excitement value

Basketball would be good if you're not really going to care but just want to follow 3 to 5 players

Football would be good since it's American and is the most popular

Baseball admittedly would be tough because you don't know the rules and it's a very understated game

>furpuck
>containing any entertainment value

>basketball
>american

>the ties were fine since they didn't happen all the time

This is the last season before the introduction of the loser point

Football is the most full game excitement.

Basketball has fun moments and the second half of the 4th quarter is fun.

Then I don't really care for hockey/baseball.

youtube.com/watch?v=bXuP5yGD0SU

youtube.com/watch?v=Mf3Ju1gT91k

Watch highlights and see which one you enjoy the most and then watch a full game of that sport.

it is very entertaining if you aren't a cuck

don't bother with basketball it's wwe tier

>>>reddit

1) Handegg - Pretty much only religiously followed in the US, but I suspect lots of people in the Anglosphere will like it, probably because it's kind of like rugby. Playbook can be complicated but you don't need to know every single rule to appreciate it. NFL makes every effort to be entertaining; it has a very showy, very American atmosphere and every game is a spectacle in of itself.

2) Basketball - My personal favorite. Highest scoring, most action packed sport and the best athletes. Appeals if you like the individual player over the team, as superstars have the greatest impact out of any sport. Growing international sport and UK seems a lot more cosmopolitan than the US so maybe some will like it.
3) Baseball - Honestly to the vast majority outside of the US it's known as "boreball" and I don't really follow it either. If you're someone who likes to read the pitcher's mind games, sure. Was more entertaining when it was roidball 10-15 years ago.

I don't follow hockey but I'm sure the leafs can help you with that one. It's actually a leaf sport anyway

Nfl is pretty much the best american sport. If you actually give it a chance and dont mind the ads, its a pretty emotional game.
Nba is kinda boring to me but I respect the sport.

baseball is the greatest game in the world. fuck these preteen idiots with zero attention span

youtube.com/watch?v=bDpK4Pdi3pQ

All I could find for mike vick was a documentary fused with highlights telling a story. Those were some of the most absurd highlights and he destroyed the game of madden.

But he will forever be a villain to some because of the dogfighting.

Lacrosse :^)

Hockey

Hockey

Hockey is fun, it's a long season though if you're not used to this kind of thing. 82 games, and the stanley cup playoffs.
NFL games are long, and the pacing can irritate newcomers, especially commercial breaks at every second. Can't really decide if hockey or american football is my favorite sport, but I think hockey would be easier to get into.

Basketball is alright to watch. Been a bit boring lately though

>no pic of lebron against curry

I still can't believe how fast Bure was

youtube.com/watch?v=_LCANKsbL-M

Hockey

Objective ranking in terms of excitement/entertainment

NFL>NBA>NHL>MLB. NBA has the best postseason though

he was so much fun to watch

>NBA has the best postseason though

>NBA>
lol

>not NHL>MLB>the rest

Hot Dog Eating Contests

If only his knees held better.

nhl > nfl > mlb > nba

>nba > nfl > nhl > mlb
the nba is god's milk.

nfl for crazy game winning drives.

nhl for crosby lmao.

mlb is lame shit

Baseball: Good luck, my man

Basketball: Only the final 3 minutes are relevant. Up til then is tediously irrelevant.

Football: Great sport. Greatest sport actually. I doubt your European sensibilities would grant you the ability though.

Hockey: It's just like soccer, only smaller, on ice & with full contact.

> Football: Great sport. Greatest sport actually. I doubt your European sensibilities would grant you the ability though.
If playing an average of 12 minutes a game with 2.8 hours of ads is considered great.

For the regular, slow minded American fan yes, they need the commercials to comprehend what happened

Hockey

This is what I'm talking about right here. Any non European would realize in order for Handegg to have constant periods of uninterupted play.. many lives would be lost.

I'd rather seconds of Handegg, than a lifetime of any other sport.

Hockey suits most Euro tastes. You'll find it most like soccer mixed with rugby's ruggedness.

Baseball has appeal to a lot of people who like cricket, and vice versa (for me at least).

Football is action packed but the commercials will piss you off. Just like how baseball is a sport for radio, football is for television.

Basketball is unlike the rest, and is not really exciting until the last 5 minutes.

>that gif

Just like my animes

Amen brother

I don't see the problem?

OP here. Thanks for all the actually quite helpful info lads

Tbqh I'm leaning towards hockey. Obviously a big football/soccer fan so like shit like this
This post has convinced me to watch at least one full game American football though. I also feel like there's quite a few West Wing episodes I'd enjoy more if I understood handegg

for a brit I recommend Baseball and Hockey because Baseball is in the same vein as Cricket and Hockey has constant action and is sorta like Soccer but less gay.

Its NHL>MLB>NFL>NBA

this guy is genuinely retarded

Baseball football and hockey
Baseball and football are my personal favorites

>nba has best postseason
if you're a bookie I guess

The money in baseball is guaranteed. And teams will pay stupid amounts of cash, even if your best days are far behind you.

You should try them all its not like you were going somewhere.
I only watch the nfl its a fast season only 17 weeks and then 3 or 4 more playoff games and they run during the winterstop the games start at 19:00cet on sunday so after a day of footbal you can roll right into handegg, Hockey and basketball have their games later and when its in the west games can start at 04:00cet yea fuck that.

I just started getting into football

Its literally the greatest sport ever made

Nearly 1/5 of Philly's games ended in ties. That is a lot of semen slurping

NHL has the best postseason.