Why isn't this showing up on any website AOTY lists?

Why isn't this showing up on any website AOTY lists?

because it's not actually that good

# 71 - Fopp
# 17 - Louder Than War
# 81 - Piccadilly Records
# 28 - Pretty Much Amazing
# 62 - Rough Trade
# 87 - The Quietus
# 32 - Treble
# 46 - Uncut

this ho

because only we know about them
they're very obscure

I don't know it's my AOTY

You have shit taste though so who cares

holy shit REKT

Think it's mostly the same thing as TBK

When TBK came out, that had a big impact and alot of people really liked it. If you liked the seer and you liked TBK, then it was a no brainer that you liked this.

I think the reason people aren't ranking it isn't because its not good but because it's nothing new, to alot of people its just "more swans"

Because it ain't good. The Seer and TBK were great but Glowing Man is a chore to get through, and not a particularly rewarding one

haha thanks bro

larkin destroyed him thats why

because pitchfork and co. kinda just used swans to bolster their hipster image and threw them to the side as soon as they milked everything they could from them. the rape accusation surely didn't help, but these publications are still in the business of being trendy and swans' time was up

I don't feel bad for gira, though, it got him a lot of new "fans." tons of boring people who want to show off how eclectic their taste is by wearing swans shirts, buying swans vinyl and being seen at swans shows

the glowing man is still better than most of the stuff showing up on these lists. the fact it's more of the same from to be kind really isn't a bad thing considering it's one of the best albums of the 2010s. most artists have a "sound" that they stick to, I don't think it's fair to tgm is more regurgitative of older work than any other artists' umpteenth album.

I mean it doesn't have to be anyone's aoty, but not even showing up on many lists that had the seer and tbk near/at the top of their respective years is hard to justify

It is aoty
Which is bad because it is worse then their 2 previous albums, and neither of them was aoty
This year truly sucked

Because poptimism and black people are trendy now.

yeah but gira sexually assaulted a black so why isn't the on the lists?

that's nice revisionist history, but poptimism and black people were trendy when swans were getting love

>I only listen to REAL music. Kanye West, FKA Twigs, Kendrick Lamar, Beyonce, Earl Sweatshirt, Flying Lotus, The Weeknd, DOOM, Drake, Beyonce, Deangelo, the list goes on
>*white person sees a cracker* white person "same" desu. literally same. literally me every day of my life bae. um, good job white people.
>I follow pop culture.
>I watch the grammys. I watch the VMAs. I love live tweeting about both
>I listen to both mainstream music AND indie! I'm a new breed of cultured
>I love tweeting about the NBA. Did you all see the NBA All Star game? Check out this meme of a NBA star! he be like
>Beyonce be like. Jay-Z be like Nicki Minaj be like
>KENDRICKS NEW SINGLE JUST DROPPED FUCK.
>Yeezy season approaching
>Check out this meme I made, it references Drake and a new movie that just came out
>Bae. Keep calm and smoke a blunt. Emojis. I embrace memes and trends. But post-ironically.
>Ironic 90s nostalgia t-shirts bae
>um white people fucked up again. like, good job everyone. great job society. baka desu. old white man yells at cloud
>le smash mouth, nickleback, guy fieri. LMAOOOO. WHITE PEOPLE THO!!! XD
>poor little white opressed guy! BOOHOO!
>iggy azelia and robin thicke are literally the most problematic musicians ever
>ROUNDTABLE ABOUT THE NEW RHIANNA SINGLE. this is everything
>WOW. I want my girlfriend to hear Deangelos voice while we have sex.
>People of Colour >>>> White People. boohoo white people, youre life is sooo tough. redirect to Sup Forums
>pitchfork.com, stereogum, tumblr, instagram, jezebel, nba.com, grantland, I'm in the know
>I ALSO LISTEN TO SWANS THO. IM CULTURED THO. XDDD
>I EMBRACE THIS GENERATION!!!
>#readyforhillary #orblackcanidate #stopwhitepeople #tbhcrew

Because those are music lists.

It was one of like three albums I cared about this year. I don't read music reviews or AOTY lists though.

It was really good but it's pretty low in Swans' discography imo

This is a gruesome frankenstein's monster of stereotypes that no one outside of instagram actually fits, do you have brain damage?

it's what we call a "copypasta". it's also two years old

I posted it for the purpose of showing that poptimism and swans aren't mutually exclusive