Why are MCU flicks (not films btw) so forgettable?

Why are MCU flicks (not films btw) so forgettable?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=o0BE7Cf4IqM
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Cuz they're safe. They don't take risks.

hi OP, I see your new here. No problem! Allow me to inform you to do your shitty comic book threads on Sup Forums. Thanks. Take care.

Forgettable?

Just rewatched 10 of the MCU. Still pretty kino

A few days ago, I rewatched First Class and Avengers 1. There really is a difference in quality. I got emotional in the scene where Erik moves the satellite dish, but none of the Avengers scenes made me feel anythingg.

Formulaic and boring because there are zero consequences.

Nothing that happened in Civil War will have an affect on the movies afterwards. Everything pretty much returned to normal at the end so having the movie in the first place was pointless.

See: this review youtube.com/watch?v=o0BE7Cf4IqM

>Everything pretty much returned to normal at the end so having the movie in the first place was pointless.
bait

Name three things that will have an effect on the next movie besides a few more characters fighting a bad guy.

Not even the team "splitting up" will have any consequence because Tony Stark will call Rogers and be like "hey earth is in trouble" and Captain America will gather his crew and everyone will CGI and punch their way to victory. Again.

The Accords will affect Panther, Spider-Man and Captain Marvel. Add Thor 3 here because Banner is with him.
>implying they won't get wrecked in the first part.
>implying the reason of why Tony let them escape is not because he was weak and alone to fight all of them.

The villains are speed bumps and not adversaries.

N O T A D O G
O
T
A
D
O
G

In an ideal world, comic book adaptations would be pushing the boundaries of audio-visual storytelling, offering a sense of style and playfulness unique to the medium. For all its juvenile flaws, the medium of handdrawn capeshit actually is its own artform and kept reinventing itself.

When you look at revered classics in cinema history, you see filmmakers with sensibilities that aren't that different from comic book artists. Filmmakers who understand the power of imaginative framing and editing, they played with depth, angles or colors schemes, experimented with montage techniques, sound design or lenses.

This is a picture from Stan Lee’s "How to Draw Comics the Marvel Way". Look at it and ask yourself how would the equivalent "How To Makes Movies the Marvel Way" could look like.

Then ask yourself where the current Kevin Feige-produced MCU titles would be, on the left or on the right? Do they offer visual dynamism, creative and exciting use of the medium's possibilities in order to heighten the experience? Personally, when I look at this picture, I can see exciting formalists and pop artists like Orson Welles, Seijun Suzuki or Sergio Leone belonging on the right, or even to stay strictly in the field of current blockbuster filmmakers, people like George Miller, the Wachowski Sisters or Brad Bird but certainly not Peyton Reed or Jon Favreau, with their flat, uninspired televisual (lack of) style.

All the great Marvel artists would absolutely agree that the MCU is a bland, soulless sham.

>The Accords will affect Panther, Spider-Man and Captain Marvel. Add Thor 3 here because Banner is with him

How? When earth is in trouble again no one will give a shit and the Avengers will do what they always do.

Simply put, you have a low cinematic IQ, or some sort of Stockholm syndrome, from overexposure to bland, safe, PC and souless mass-produced blockbusters, which has conditioned you into accepting the absolute lowest-common denominator standards in filmmaking, writing and cinematography as somehow acceptable, when you should in fact feel nothing but contempt or disgust for any Kevin Feige-conveiced product.

Even strictly in the field of capeshit entertainment, where the bar has always been pretty low, since they're primarly a children media, the level of genuine quality and creative abilities (which comes from studios giving freedom to an auteur with a strong personality and vision towards the material) has kept dropping since the 90's.

When Raimi's Darkman/Spider-Man, Del Toro's Blade 2/Hellboy, Burton's Batman 2 or Bird's The Incredibles offered innovative and playful set pieces, meaningful and relevant themes, each with a very distinct, appropriate tone and truly cinematic aesthetics (simply compare the lighting or editing to today's equivalents), none of these qualities are to be found in Civil War or any of the previous MCU entries. This is why Edgar Wright got fired from Ant-Man. This is why Feige keeps hiring visionless point-and-shoot directors who come from TV or comedy, colorblind cinematographers and art/set design teams who seem to be in love with grey, sterile hangers for some unexplainable reason. Action scenes are now being conceived by CGI teams months before the movie begins shooting and all follow the exact same formula.

Even as a child, I couldn't imagine being dazzled or amused by those turds, as they're utterly devoid of any charm, colors, magic or imagination.

This is like saying Sauron ring will not affect anybody only because you already saw the books.

user, calm down, take your pills.

bro are you autistic?

No visual style and the constant levity makes things feel trivial.

>Why are MCU flicks (not films b
They aren't though? I've seen this picture at least 40 times this week here. So hard to forget when everyone is talking about them, even (you).

Truth

>tfw no Justice League Dark movie by Del Taco

>talking back to copypasta

Speak English.

/thread
>>>/reddit/

They are like comedies. Fun but forgettable. Like that uncle everybody likes but nobody really cares about.