Ask a Ramp Agent anything

Ask a Ramp Agent anything

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/Bk_G1Df0_qg
youtu.be/nn5QpgZc2uI
youtu.be/vz_Sxh4526w
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Should I shower or just go to the store as I am

couldnt they just put cameras around the plane like they do for cars and make you job obsolete

I go to the store after work, soaked in dogpiss and odors that make people shy away from me. So just go as you are bro.

What does cameras have to do with loading luggage into the plane holes?

What if the aircraft is just 30mins at the Gate and you have to organise everything, but suddenly have to take a shit?

Well, then the two other guys on my team have to bust their ass while i'm inside the PMZ taking a shit.

Happens a lot

oh i thought you were those guys that guide the plane when backing up nvm

>Guide the plane when backing up

First of all, the plane can't "back up" it's being pushed by a "pushback" with a towbar attached to the front wheel of the plane.

It's then pushed to a certain point on the runway so it can make a full turn or if it's a sidepush then it'll just go throttle ahead on the runway.

Has being a ramp agent gotten you pussy?

I'll just add some stories here aswell to spice things up.

>ramp agent grabs ahold of bag (sports bag, adidas)
>pulls it out of some other bags on each side, the bag rips open and out flows macaronies.

>bag was litterally filled with only macaronies and nothing else.
>nametag "Mariusz polish"

What is a ramp agent

Are you a ramp agent?

Well, not really. You get semi-built from doing the work. Pretty much with physical work for 8-12 hours a day, little to no time to eat lunch.

So in the long run it will probably result in som pootang.

Ramp agent is pretty much a broad term in itself, but it's mostly used to describe the groundworkers around the airplane.

We do the loading, we push the aircraft back, we empty the shitter and we also break your luggage.

So... you're not getting laid until you get an actual job?

Are you single ramp agent man?

At my station they like to break the new guys into the job, basically the tell him to get inside the hole and start stacking the bags.

Then when he's got a row cleared you crank up the speed on the belt and start chucking more and more bags next to eachother so he can't keep up.

Last month they buried a guy in bags, and he started crying. He was 26 years old, and seeing him weep the first day on his job was pretty hilarious.
Yes, i am.

Have you ever opened a bag and sifted for items? Basically have you stolen from bags?

I have never opened a bag on purpose, and i have never stolen any items either.

I've seen watches, ipads, phones and laptops fly around the loading hole but never touched any of it. Most likely it got stolen at whatever shithole station the plane flew to anyways.

Camp Agent, more like

youtu.be/Bk_G1Df0_qg

youtu.be/nn5QpgZc2uI

could I have bout $3.50?

>Ramp Agent

You may not.

I don't get this.

>It's then pushed to a certain point on the runway

Taxiway*, runway's where the plane goes NYOOOM but yeah exactly this

Did they give you a badge and a gun? Or are you just a baggage handler?

youtu.be/vz_Sxh4526w

Sorry about the wrong word my aviation friend.

I have a badge, but only fists.

worst thing you've seen on the job? either through someone's luggage or something happening?

What i've heard people seeing
>Two dogs in front of plane hole
>One dog got out of cage
>Then broke the cage of the other dog
>Was something like a mastiff vs poodle scenario
>Big dog killed poodle

>Ramp agent opened up the door to the hole and saw a bloody mastiff then just shut the damn door and called airport patrol.

I've smelled some crazy stuff that people keep in their luggage, especially pakistanis and brown people. Spices, diapers with shit in them inside their bags.

I've seen chairs being transported in planes who are so rotten and full of shit that there were maggots inside.

I've seen dogs crammed into tiny cages, shaking and weeping when you open the door.

I've seen polish people get out of the bus and walking towards the stairs while lighting a cigarette meanwhile the fuelservice was fueling the plane on the other side.

I'm not sure what you're looking for, but if you mean deaths and stuff. Not yet.

Is this a well paid job? It seems important because if the luggage and shit isn't balances, the planes gonna crash?

>Tfw being a pilot doesn't help
At least not GA

In Scandinavia it's decent pay.

About 17-25 dollars an hour depending if it's nightshift or otherwise.

A lot of overtime, so you'd look at making about 2400-5000 a month depending on how much you bust ass.

It affects the handling, and you also need to load the front compartment first and not the back, otherwise the plane might do a tailtip. Where it just tips on it's tail pretty much.

In air it affects handling i believe, and sliding cargo midflight has caused accidents before.

Pilots are so full of shit and overly confident. They walk around us with smug smiles every god damn day.