Ask an ex-employee of guitar center anything

Ask an ex-employee of guitar center anything

Other urls found in this thread:

acuitybrands.com/-/media/Files/Acuity/Products/Controls/nLight/GreenScreen_Installation Guide pdf.pdf?la=en
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Is Carlo robelli worth a fuck in the long run? They play good on the shelf.

howd you lose your job?

Did you assist Kurt Cobain in killing himself? Were you fired for doing so?

Gtfo Chip, you fat, gay autist hooker fucker.

They don't carry Carlo Robelli at the moment, I've never played one. I didn't lose my job, I quit because the company treats customers and their employee like dick.

in your opinion, how does new lines of modeling and software amplifiers stand against old fashioned tubes ? .. heard they made some significant progress from line 6 and such (marshall code series comes to my mind as a newer onefor example) ... same for old stompboxes vs new multiefects ... would like to hear that actually ... people telling me that multieffects and modeling combos can never replace tubes and stompboxes might be just old-fashioned in their opinions

explain pls
give some examples

Honestly, mic'ing a real amp is still the best way to awesome guitar tones, but if you don't have a treated room, expensive microphone, killer amp, mic placement, and great mixing skill, software amps are going to sound better in a recording.

The company makes racist jokes about customers in the store as long as they can't hear, make employees wait even when they legally need a break, management literally ignores employees unless it's for a sale, and so much more

How else would they sell so much Nirvana merch? Had to kill the fucker to start the pity party and make some dough

is it just one branch or the entire company?

Is it worth working there? How do you get a position as guitar tech?

thank you ... thought so and it seems like money-friendly solution as well ... now different topic ... to your knowledge does other companies from this type of industry do the same to theit customers/employees ? ... i like the idea of working around instruments (preferably guitars) ... is it only GC that does that or is it just bad industry as a whole and every major company does it ? ... would be kinda sad (im located in europe)

You know if they manage some of those weird brands? (Ex:Mayones,Aristides) Because i haven't seen any of that in my local one. Did you ever see one at least in the used shelf?

The whole company, anyone I've talked to at any store tells me the same shit, just order shit online and return in store if you don't like it. All opinions in the store are biased because of managers pushing employees as much as possible even if you don't need something

What was your wholesale discount from the manufacturers? Like what? 30%?

Not worth it, the guitar techs get paid less than most lower level managers, and they have a new requirement. 6 restrings an hour(which include cleaning and finishing a basic setup) ON TOP OF helping customers, signing people up for credit cards, providing phone support, and helping customers around the store. Do the math and make your decision to apply

thats fucking ridiculous

Each manufacturer has their own pricing, cables and accessories can be up to 85% off, and most guitars or expensive items throughout the store are not much more than 25% off, but you get paid minimum wage so you might as well work somewhere for a buck or two more an hour and make more money. You tend to buy less when you make less money

So the rumors are true? I've heard about the company treating employees like shit but i was skeptical about it. What exactly made you quit?

Yup, techs in the company that have worked for a store for 10+years make less than $14-$15 an hour usually

And thanks for the pics user

I was just curious. I work at a motorcycle dealership and our average discount on items is 25%-30%

I still wouldn't mind being able to get 25% off on a new les Paul or something. What manufacturer offered the biggest discount on their instruments? I'm betting it's probably some Far East manufacturer like Squier or Epiphone

It was a snowball of things. Managers would call you a pussy, faggot, make fun of new employees, call customers niggers, ragheads, etc. it's a toxic place to spend your days

Will you go to another company now? or just gonna switch career entirely

Yeah, the cheaper the product usually the bigger discount, they give out 15% off coupons regularly in your email if it's in the store anyways, so the discount is not great trust me. And most manufacturers don't even allow employee discounts on their items like fulltone and qsc

what type of database do they store the customer info in?

Is Sam Ash any better?

I started my own business, tired of reporting to washed up old faggots. I already made way more money in the past 2 weeks than I've made in a month there and I just started.

It's a basic ass MS DOS type system called "green screen" just ask an employee to see the screen next time, they'll probably laugh with you at it

I've been to a Sam ash once so I'm not sure, they're not in my area

This one?

acuitybrands.com/-/media/Files/Acuity/Products/Controls/nLight/GreenScreen_Installation Guide pdf.pdf?la=en

Bump

Nope, even more archaic than that, no mouse, you have to use the keyboard for everything

Bumpity bump

your business is guitar related?

Nope, can't specify or I'll be identified most likely, most employees use Sup Forums regularly. I also have already been confronted by the company because of what I posted online, even though I never specified that I worked with the company anywhere online so they couldn't prosecute.

alright bud. goodluck with everything

Whats a best guitar i can get on a $4000 budget?

Buy a good amp first instead. Get a custom made guitar at that price.

If you spend $4000 on a guitar you're a fucking idiot. Spend $1000 if you really want a great guitar and spend the extra $3000 on something else

You think it's actually worth trying to make something of yourself in Guitar Center?? Or would it just be a waist of time.

Where should i go to get it made?

Honestly it's not worth it so pretty much this

Les Paul or Strat

Waste of fucking time, just stay a customer

that's like asking Toaster or Radio
they're 2 very different things that fulfil totally different purposes in terms of sound/tone

Why do you guys play the guitars for us when we ask to try then?

because the job is probably mind numbing after hearing 12 years old come in all the time to play expensive guitar and the play the tapping part in eruption

I mean that's not even what I do but fair enough

That's not everyone, pretentious employees tend do this though, I'm actually not sure why

There's literally no reason why a tube amp has to sound better than a solid state one. There is nothing that could possibly prevent one from mimicing or even better a tube sound with solid state. However, the technology isn't quite there yet, but hopefully will be in the future.

You're always going to get "hurr durr tubes are better" people, but they can be ignored

get custom made from warmoth, or just buy a fender masterbuild or relic or something

attempting to show off i imagine
pretty terrible sales technique tbh

are Jackson guitars good for a starter metalhead like myself? I'm thinking of buying a Jackson JS32T Kelly for 300EU, think it's worth mate?

One time I went to guitar center to get some high frets on my guitar fixed and I had the manufacturing warrenty and I left it with them for like a month and came back and they hadn't done any work on it so I left it there mad as fuck for another 3 weeks and I came back and they still hadn't done anything with it
Fuck that place

IS THAT GILLY

all eastern made guitars at that price are pretty much the same, pickups are the only thing that really matter at that level. Search for the most reliable brand of guitars at that level and get something with EMGs if that's the kind of metal you like

yes it's Hannah Murray aka Gilly

these 3 are my options, i won't need a tremolo gonna detune a lot

and for amp? my friends recommended MARSHALL MG15CFX

my amp budget is 200EU and it has to have headphones slot or my neighbours woud kill me

forgot image