Maybe I can finally give jazz a tr

Maybe I can finally give jazz a tr..

>Total length: 93:54

What the fuck were they thinking?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=3m3qOD-hhrQ
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Regardless, unless you're heavily experienced with this album, I would recommend going track by track with it anyway due to how much is going at any one time throughout the album.

I fucking love this goddamn album. Only thing that comes close to me is pic related.

Try this instead. It's only 40 minutes.

youtube.com/watch?v=3m3qOD-hhrQ

>Herbie's 2nd worst album

M8....

How do you not enjoy Sextant's futuristic atmosphere and those crazy synths!?

I'm a Herbie nut and I love his stuff I just prefer his less ambient/more jazz-funk stuff that came after it (Headhunters, Manchild, Thrust)

Trust me man, I TRIED to get it to click but it's just not with me. The first track is the worst I've heard from Herbie. Sorry.

It literally clicked the first time I listened to it for me, it's the futurisic, mysterious jazz album I've wanted all my life. Funny enough, I can't seem to enjoy Headhunters that much. Never did anything for me.

What all have you heard from Herbie, bro? It's really cool to be talking to another Herbie fan on here.

(I finished 'The New Standard' yesterday)

Not really a Herbie fan but I'm really getting into him, I started to listen to him months ago, so far I've listened to Headhunters, Sextant, Mwandishi and Thrust. I have yet to listen to his early work. Is it very different from his 70's album? Which one would you recommend me?

There's an even longer 2 hour version.

I justify not listening to Bitches Brew by thinking of this as an experimental album.

>I have yet to listen to his early work. Is it very different from his 70's album
It's a lot more straightforward jazz. He wouldn't get into funk until the very end of the 60s with 'Fat Albert Rotunda'.

If you liked Mwandishi and Sextant, definitely give 'Crossings' a listen since that was part of the trilogy.

If you want straightforward jazz go with Takin Off, Maiden Voyage, or Inventions and Dimensions (The last making lots of use of samba percussion, which I love)

And if you like his funk based stuff a lot try out Fat Albert Rotunda, Manchild, and Mr. Hands.

Just be weary of some of his 80s stuff.

The earlier music is acoustic. You have to try Maiden Voyage and Empyrean Isles. The former is sort of a concept album and the latter has Cantaloupe Island.

Sup Forums's retardation knows no boundaries

Look dude, I dunno if yr actually trying to listen to Jazz or just spritzing yr fucking jizz missing a few chromosomes into the semen rag of Sup Forums, but Bitches Brew is seriously not a good intro to jazz. People on here think it is because of chart threads and "top albumz evar" lists. This is Miles Davis far into his career trying to be as trippy and improvisational as possible, it was not made to be accesable to people that have never sat down with jazz before. Miles was on that level of trying to break "music".

Go listen to some Charles Mingus or Donald Byrd or Charlie Parker or earlier Miles and then come back to vomit yr worthless ideas.

Try Filles de Kilimanjaro, probably easier to get into.

why don't you try something more modern and accessible?

epic post my dude ;)

did I stumble upon Sup Forums, Sup Forums or Sup Forums by accident?

these memes are too dank for this place

>modern
>accessible
modern jazz is the reason people hate jazz

People not having the attention span to actively listen to instrumental music is the reason people hate jazz.