ITT:

Artists you've tried to understand, but don't.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=6-IfbpJF11Y
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Just look up the lyrics or genius it ffs.
It's not difficult unless you're retarded

Young Thug is cancelled and I'm glad at least his mother is making him apologize. Unfortunately, the people will most likely receive an disingenuous apology.

watch this youtube.com/watch?v=6-IfbpJF11Y
plus listen to Jeffery

I was referring to his artistic direction more. I agree though, the "illiterate" meme is pretty tired.

None. I understand every artist I encounter for what they are because I have impeccable taste.

to understand it you have to kind of suspend your disbelief. what thug's doing isn't average trap gangster shit. he's eroding lines between hip hop, r&b, pop, and even psychedelia in ways that haven't been explored before.

his voice is an instrument, it's almost like the beat follows his lead the way he warbles and sings and shouts and grumbles over it. it works really well in trap but i think once he hits a full pop capacity, he has unlimited potential.

if his official debut is full of hooks, brings any type of personal insight, and he can push forward his established style in any new territory period, it will be a landmark moment in hip hop

I don't think he's being belligerent for the sake of being belligerent. I see what he's doing. But I'm hearing more dissonance in his sound than anything. I just can't hang with it.

>mfw
I fucking hope this is pasta, or else you're an absolute autist.

nice meme

not liking it is different than not getting it though. you just said you get it but said in the OP you don't

Triggered

he's not entirely wrong

thug's got a unique voice and he uses it like a saxophone. he's taking these bland generic trap tropes about fucking bitches as an excuse to work on his extended technique.

it's all about the sub-verbal. you feel like you know him and his path even when he isn't saying anything.

>hurr durr it's cool and popular to hate young thug on this board

go ahead and shitpost, he's doing cool shit. anyone being objective about a genre could see that, and anyone that can't is on the wrong side of history. go back to your animal collective and radiohead cash grabs

>his voice is an instrument
STOP THIS FUCKING MEME IT'S CALLED SINGING

I guess you're right

>Also can we maybe talk about artists that we don't get the allure of?

i think when people say that they mean it's "imitating" other instruments besides the voice.

like michael winslow is technically "singing" but the word doesn't do his craft justice

he doesn't just sing you fucking idiot, he complements the music in unpredictable territory, like coloring outside the lines. everything he does shouldn't work, but does because he's both musically informed and naturally spasmatic.

rapping, singing, spoken word, ad libs, shouting, they're all different things, and he uses them all masterfully

>Young Thug is cancelled and I'm glad at least his mother is making him apologize.
what?

Me in the middle

he brute forces music.

like it's almost hard to listen to at times, because your brain has to process that his voice is doing the work of several instruments.

and that's why it sounds so warped and fucked up. it's holding everything together.

me on the left

me on the right

What hapened to mainstream rap all i hear nowadays is retarded niggas mumbles and words

>go back to your animal collective and radiohead cash grabs
oh boy you re killing me

me behind you

he's made headlines for disrespecting some airport workers by offering them 15k to quit their job. He also called them nappy and african

fucking KEK i love young thug

You guys need to kill yourselves. You're trying way too hard.

nah you're right, let's have another thread about the merits of andrew jackson jihad or american football

thankfully i haven't seen anyone actually discuss andrew jackson jihad in years, every time they're brought up they're pretty much universally known as "that cuck band"
long live young thug though