/prod/ -- Production Thread General Discussion

New /prod/ thread

clyp.it/czw2vkha

Just a mellow atmospheric piece I made, let me know what you think. Still getting used to ableton. Is there a way to arrange a completely piece without recording and hitting start and stop on teh different samples / tracks?

Other urls found in this thread:

pastebin.com/pYGCLu6q
mu-sic-production.wikia.com/wiki/Sup
clyp.it/tptiiysd
clyp.it/052jy3z2
youtube.com/watch?v=W35kkSfzHWc
clyp.it/eg1fahtt
instaud.io/Fg9
clyp.it/yflq231a
clyp.it/lk3g4kwc
allihoopa.com/s/rnwPQapI
instaud.io/Epa
clyp.it/b2j45pjm
clyp.it/omfyzog0
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

you suck at making /prod/ threads

Post the tracks you're working on, discuss general music composition. Learn how to make leads and why your DAW of choice is crap.

Remember to use:
>clyp.it for WiPs
>soundcloud for completed tracks and getting called a turd burglar for not going to soundcloud threads

We're making an album! (or trying to).
Check the next post for info.

Stuff:
>Pastebin - Links, books, videos, articles, tutorials and stuff:
pastebin.com/pYGCLu6q (embed)

>/prod/ wiki - looking for contributors (wink, wink)
mu-sic-production.wikia.com/wiki/Sup Forumssic_Production_Wiki

>at least throw a little sticky on there

To the guy in the previous thread who commented on me needing to break up my break beat, is this any better?

clyp.it/tptiiysd

Anyone have any studio monitor speaker suggestions? I was thinking vanatoo t1s, but there are barely any reviews for them...

yeah there is, just stay in arrangement view and fuck session view. if you dont know how to make new clips in arrangement view read the fucking manual you pleb.

/prob/ threads suck anyway, the level of conversation is too shallow even for a babby

clyp.it/052jy3z2

Just got started a week ago, this is the first thing i've arranged and finished. I think it might be too repetitive. Any other noticeable flaws?

what's your budget?

>clyp.it/052jy3z2
not really feedback, but listen to the album Mamachine by Vinter in Vegas, it's gonna inspire you a lot.

Anyone else in love with the teenage engineering pocket operators?

I like it but you're right, its a bit repetitive (minus around 1:40 which was pretty dope). I feel like you could bring out the upper frequencies more, especially on the drums

I'm trying to stay in the $400 - $600 range

Yo, this is pretty dope.

jbl 308
focal alpha 50
yamaha hs 7

I'd go to a store and compare them all

>1:40
Yeah, I did that for the bridge. I think i'll try and add stuff to the chorus.

youtube.com/watch?v=W35kkSfzHWc

How the fuck does >she make this sound?
I know it's just a boilerplate rip of Rifts-era OPN, with the obvious (chorus?) delay & reverb
I'm guessing there's slight modulation set to the fine tune to give it that analog phase aesthetic

But what is at the foundation?
Is it just some TAL-U-NO vst emulating a Juno 60?
If so, which waveform? I can't tell if it's a saw + sine or a squarewave or what

I love hardware but these look so cheap and useless. Could you sell them to me in a post?

the way I'd do it is lowpass a square wave and there's a really high synth going on which is probably artifacts, just get a random FM patch, cut everything below 13khz and you'll just get the high noise.

>cheap
they are $800 not worth it imo compared to what you can get for the same price

i like this.
I'm not too familiar with this whole thing
Seeing as this artist supposedly makes vaporwave
Does that mean it's iconic meme music?
I really have no idea so enlighten me here please.

>iconic
what I, of course meant to write was ironic.

clyp.it/eg1fahtt

Hi /prod/,

I've been making music of many kinds for a long time but only am now seriously getting into recording and production.

I need some good monitors, preferably not too expensive (no more than 1.5k) to mix with.

I primarily make first-wave influenced post rock and instrumental hip-hop.

What should I be looking for in suitable monitors?

Any monitor recommendations would also be appreciated.

instaud.io/Fg9

song about my dog

btw heres my dog

sounds pretty interesting
i like the atmosphere alot
you should definitely work on mixing/mastering and arrangement tho
maybe spicy up the bassline and the drums a little bit
i like the tapestop(?) thing you have going on when the bass pitches down but its barely noticeable
im catching a dg vibe off the arps
your dog looks like a cool dude but i cant really give feedback on the vidya soundtrack type beat

I feel a complete lack of motivation. I want to make interesting or at least somewhat unique music but I keep making this generic shit. Why did I even waste 2 hours on this, trying to make it work. clyp.it/yflq231a

they are $50 each. you must be thinking of the op-1 or something else,.

clyp.it/lk3g4kwc

Just made this techno tune - Is it worth an upload or is it trash?

I'm bretty new to producing

what are some essential mixing effect plugins

reverb
delay
saturation
bit crusher
autopan
amp simulator

Anyone?

What's the best way to backup ableton projects?

Fab-Filter suite.

that's pretty awesome and groovy holy shit, if you're new and already are making shit like that then you have a bright future. you know the importance of foley and details and that'll get you far.

save them during different states?

allihoopa.com/s/rnwPQapI

what do you think? i know it clips like a motherfucker and needs major cleanup but i havenever made music whilebeinng this goddamn angry.
fucking psychiatrists are huge pussies i give them all nightmares, no one can help me thats why im angry if you wonder why

>save them during different states?
No, I meant being able to backup the projects on a different storage in case the hard drive fails and stuff like that, with all the samples included.

this needs to be new copypasta

I mean like programs that apply the effect

>allihoopa.com/s/rnwPQapI
this is pretty great but it doesn't sound tight, I think there's way too much stereo going on even when it's not needed, for example in the lower frequencies.

just make a copy of the project wherever you want?

import/keep all the used samples in the project folder and just auto sync that shit away with rsync or something every night

yeah im gonna go to my fucking car so i can listen to it with a subwoofer

>fucking psychiatrists are huge pussies i give them all nightmares, no one can help me thats why im angry
CRAAAAAWLING IIIIIN MY SKIIIIIIN

>General Midi
I'm can't tell whether you're terrible at production or a genius.

here

change the instruments to make it sound like eurobeat, and add lyrics about running fast, playing catch, getting the ball, and other fast dog things

then post so I can drift to /prod/s on back roads

i produce real stuff too, ive just been flexing my composition muscles with midi stock sounds lately

here's a track i made a couple weeks ago
instaud.io/Epa

I didn't actually doubt your abilities.

Compositionally I think your doggo track has much more to it.

>Compositionally I think your doggo track has much more to it.

yeah that was the goal. i've been getting tired making boring kiddie EDM, and so i've been limiting myself to shitty sounds in order to force my efforts elsewhere

clyp.it/b2j45pjm

sorry if the mix is bad, using shit headphones for the moment

will there be more than two chords?

its just me fucking around until my good headphones come back in from repair, and by then I'll probably make something new instead.

desu when you don't have good sound is the best time to expand on the musical side of things as you can't really produce properly anyway, might as well compose

Yeah you're right. Time to boot up the midi fuck

Anyone got a link for that deadmau5 masterclass?

clyp.it/omfyzog0

thoughts? Its a work in progress...

percussion is ultra generic. can't focus on the rest to critique it because of that

How many of you faggots have had a run in with one of these dickheads?

no its my own fault, cant blame psychedelics

yeah I know the drums are boring. I was trying to focus on getting sounds to fit well together, and trying to get better at pucking a lead melody