ITT: sequels that are better than the original movie in every single way

ITT: sequels that are better than the original movie in every single way

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=7617QyMUyPI
youtube.com/watch?v=s74breoNAKc
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

THAT'S NOT A SEQUEL, YOU FUCKING FAGGOT

But the trailer makes it sound like a sequel

Assuming you're being legit, trailers don't count for anything, ever.

Nothing in T2 is on par with the moment when the Terminator exoskeleton emerges from the fire and continues to hunt down Kyle and Sarah in T1. Also, obviously, T1 has a better love story. While you may say that's not comparable to T2, Sarah + Reese > Arnie + John.

Endoskeleton, fuck.

"The Terminator" didn't have a ten-year-old kid ruining every scene he was in.

why?

i liked the first one so much more

Also let's not forget that T1's time travel story made sense within its own rules.
It established that Kyle got sent back in a narrow time window to still be able to alter the effects of Skynet's time fuckery, and undo it, leading the timeline back to the same version of itself in which Kyle got sent back, a timeline in which this was Skynet's last desperate attempt, after which it was defeated.

From T2 and so forth, the entire franchise just keep shitting on everything previously established, to the point where the very act of time travel is completely meaningless, because apparently Skynet wasn't actually defeated when it deciced to alter the timeline, it was just fucking around. And apparently, even after you supposedly alter time and as a consequences supposedly change the future, you can still send back stuff from years further in a future that isn't supposed to exist anymore.

>tfw like T1 more than T2, but also like Aliens more than Alien

please kill yourself

Hudson.

can you explain how you enjoyed aliens more than alien?

it just doesnt make sense to me

T1 is better though

it's not about enjoying... Alien is objectively the better film.

Aliens > Alien
Civil War > Winter Soldier > First Avenger
Empire Strikes Back > A New Hope

i prefer alien but what do you mean "objectively" ??

The whole Alien vs. Aliens thing is so contentious because the movies are different genres with different feels. Alien is more of a horror movie, Aliens more an action movie. They're both amazing movies, but when I'm in the mood to watch Alien I'm in a way different mood than I would be to watch Aliens.

>not christmas
trashman.jpg

Die Hard 1 is GOAT, 3 is solid but the ending feels like a stretch. McLane went full on Sherlock and deduced the main villain's where about from a spent asprin bottle and teleported there with a whole army.

Also kids' (nerdy kids' at that) puzzles

I still don't fucking understand the water jug puzzle and I never will.

I think Alien is a fantastic movie. I love the production design, the sets, the creatures, the score, the characters, the whole movie is just very well done, and altogether probably my favorite science fiction film of the 1970's, but I just don't find it as frightening of a horror movie as I do find Aliens as exciting of an action movie.

Fill 5 Gallon
Fill 3 Gallon with 5 Gallon Bottle
2 Gallon left in 5 Gallon
Empty 3 Gallon
Pour 2 Gallon into 3 Gallon Bottle, leaving room for 1 Gallon
Fill 5 Gallon again. top off 3 Gallon Bottle
Leaving 4 Gallon in the 5 Gallon Bottle

ok fair enough

i guess i just instinctually see the horror genre as inherently superior to the action genre, maybe thats not fair to aliens

Alternatively,
Fill 3 Gallon, pour 3 gallon into 5 Gallon Bottle
Fill 3 Gallon again, top off 5 Gallon, leaving 1 gallon in 3 Gallon Bottle.
Empty 5 Gallon
Pour remaining 1 Gallon into 5 Gallon Bottle
Fill 3 Gallon and pour into 5 Gallon Bottle

1+3 = 4 Gallon

Then you realize those supermarket water jugs ain't fucking volumetric flask and isn't exact.

T2 is good, it's a solid action movie that had 'at the time' revolutionary CGI, and it has great moments throughout. But it's not better than Terminator...say what you will about 80's hair and clothing or whatever but it just feels terrifying.

T1>T2>everything else can fuck off

T2's at the time revolutionary CGI still holds up remarkably well.

Also most of what you think is CGI, isn't

Yeah T2 holds up great. Also I know what is and is not CGI, anybody could.
>Metal man flowing through a hole in a helicopter windshield...CGI.
>Metal man walking through fire...spliced footage.

It's not hard, bro.

Nothing in T2 is on the same level as the Tech-Noir scene.

T1 - Terminator needs a laser sight on his handgun.

Dropped

no

>Implying the Terminator should not prepare for possible targeting malfunction
>Implying the Terminator was programmed with targeting algorithms for all possible weapons that didn't even exist anymore when he was built
>Especially since other terminators were using future weaponry that themselves were supplying the terminators with targeting info the same way a 1970s Glock will never do.
Do you even Cyberpunk, bro?

>turning terminator into a literal babysitter for a screechy annoying 12 year old brat
nah m8. i'll take the grittiness of the original any day.

i love army of darkness but no, evil dead 2 is beter

Yeah. T1 does a fantastic job of making you feel terrified of this killing machine. T2 is just a great action flick similar to Commando and the like.

Pic unrelated

I think user was comparing that to the first Evil Dead.

The first Evil Dead is Evil Dead 2.

Okay.

T1 >>>> T2

T2 is still a masterpiece, but as I've gotten older, I've found T1 to be far better.

Alien >

Again though, different genres.

youtube.com/watch?v=7617QyMUyPI

I actually liked the 3rd one too

Are there other collages of different cool shots from movies like this? I like it.

There's heaps. They're called cinegrids

www.reddit.com/r/cinegrids

Fuck, I meant www.reddit.com/r/cinegrid

This literally never happens.

>He never saw "Night of the Day of the Dawn of the Son of the Bride of the Return of the Revenge of the Terror of the Attack of the Evil, Mutant, Alien, Flesh Eating, Hellbound, Zombified Living Dead Part 2 I Shocking 2-D!"
Talk about emberassing!

Who is the Kylo dude?
He looks kind of like Trolls 2 dude.
Is that the joke?
And is it just me, or does this poster make Poe look like Peter Dinklage?

>Terminator 1
>The Terminator is damaged and wears a pair of sunglasses to hide his inhumanity

>Terminator 2
>The Terminator decides to wear sunglasses at night to look "cool"

This is why T1 > T2

youtube.com/watch?v=s74breoNAKc

T2 > T1

The only bad thing about T2 is the kid

Didn't even mind Otto Rocket. Why do people hate him so much?

Huh.
The funny thing is, I even saw that before, but he just looks so damn different with those glasses I didn't recognize him in the robes.

Awesome! Thanks m8.

wtf how are all of you beta phaggots not mentioning godfather 2

is Sup Forums really a board full of normies?

I have a morning ritual that I need to share. I call it "the terminator". First I crouch down in the shower in the classic "naked terminator traveling through time" pose. With my eyes closed I crouch there for a minute, visualizing either Arnold or the guy from the second movie (not the chick in the third one because that one sucked) and I start to hum the terminator theme. Then I slowly rise to a standing position and open my eyes. It helps me to proceed through my day as an emotionless, cyborg badass. The only problem is if the shower curtain sticks to my terminator leg. It ruins the fantasy. I think maybe I read too many comic books when I was a kid.

Godfather 2 is inferior

Yes, by the time the second one was released terminator has already become a culture icon and the second was partially a caricature.

The Dark Knight

Pirates of the Caribbean 2

>and the second was partially a caricature.

This board is so full of shit.

its two movies in one
de niro AND pacino and coppolla at his finest

I love you right now but I'm pretty sure Part 2 in Shocking 2D was the first one.

Actually there was a Part 1, but the creator pretty much stated that he'll never release it.

>godfather
>not normie

T1 was a beatiful time loop
T2 shits on it by changing the rules and makes no fucking sense. Cameron is an idiot.

Ahh, good to know. I never saw the other ones, are they worth it?

Sadly I can't say I watched the other parts either.
Not yet, anyway.

Underrated post.

Dark Knight as opposed to Batman Begins.

Classic pasta

Literally the only thing wrong with this tasty pasta, is that the far superior Robocop is not the creator's cyborg idol.