youtube.com/watch?v=6iiK4MgIPtI
youtube.com/watch?v=71fbZA6S97c
youtube.com/watch?v=hD8FbPxl-YI
youtube.com/watch?v=99myH1orbs4
youtube.com/watch?v=m1vOGSG4Og0
youtube.com/watch?v=Toh7EAZf7gA
youtube.com/watch?v=Xcvmk1TGeH4&
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

I guess be grateful? At first back during my shit times I had only Giles Corey, Pink Moon, and Elliott Smith on repeat. Then eventually when shit got worse and I stopped caring/feeling, it would just be Public Castration Is A Good Idea at full volume.

Then once shit finally did start getting better:

youtube.com/watch?v=QAR8cq5Bl94
youtube.com/watch?v=wu2jmFAyW14
youtube.com/watch?v=6iiK4MgIPtI
youtube.com/watch?v=71fbZA6S97c
youtube.com/watch?v=hD8FbPxl-YI

Just happy upbeat shit that kinda reflected my gratefulness at the time.

okay yeah I'm actually pretty grateful but trying to play it off for laughs in the OP, sorry if I seemed disrespectful

also thanks that's a really diverse selection of music which I don't think I would have otherwise discovered except for like aphex, wow it's like old Sup Forums again

Ah shit I should've noticed by that pic of based Gira...it's 6:30am and I have been up studying all night with occasionally giving Sup Forums a peek. Fuck it I am going to bed.

I like realizations like this, because after awhile theres songs that give you a nostalgic feel from that time you needed them.

When I was severely depressed years ago and doing drugs 24/7, I listened to Nick Cave, Mono and Of Montreal constantly. I would spend my days off getting high or tripping and literally pacing around my home listening to their albums. Even though I climbed out of that hole and the things that put me in it, I still love these bands every now and then because there are certain songs that bring back people, memories and feelings from that time in a nostalgic way.

Give it a little time, you'll end up finding some feels in them again soon.

Anyways heres some pleasent albums
youtube.com/watch?v=99myH1orbs4
youtube.com/watch?v=m1vOGSG4Og0
youtube.com/watch?v=Toh7EAZf7gA
youtube.com/watch?v=Xcvmk1TGeH4&

>When I was severely depressed years ago and doing drugs 24/7, I listened to Nick Cave, Mono and Of Montreal constantly.
wew lad
Getting stoned and listening to Nick Cave your teenage self must have been like SOO depressed man. Good to know you were able to move past the horrible experience of being a lazy fuck listening to slightly melancholic Indie rock. Do you poseurs even hear yourself talk sometimes.

OP here thanks for more music. I'm curious as to what you got out of Of Montreal while really depressed though? All of their stuff I've heard has been fairly upbeat

lol

not too sure, maybe that upbeat vibe made everything shitty feel a bit less shitty. I think theres some sad words spoken in those vibes though. I mostly listened to Satanic Panic in the Attic, HFAYTD through False Priest. If I recall thatw as their most recent record at the time

Agreed, last time I saw him we had a cigarette and talked about how shitty of an artist he was for coming into my life at such a lame ass time. Completely discredited him for any notable work. Such a hack.

Paul's Boutique is my go to happy album

what exactly are you calling indie rock or slightly melancholic

Yeah, it's more dadrock then anything

what are you calling dad rock
the fuck

i think i got depressed even more in last couple of years but i always listened a lot of upbeat stuff.
it's not really related, i can cry myself to sleep to any song really

>le clinical depression meme
I bealived i was clinically depressed until i realized the actual reason i felt this way.
This fucking thread reminds me of my younger brother, who claimed he was "depressed" because he wasn't feeling super happy for like 5 months.

and what was the actual reason

not everybody is like you or your brother
but many fags on here are

mother issues and a deep longing/nostalgia for childhood memories, masqueraded as depression in order to detach myself from the core problems

You do know that this is still a depressive disorder, right? Just because you understood your actual problems doesn't invalidate your depressive moods.

>depressive disorder
Is there a need to categorize a common behaviour that the majority of people exhibit as a disorder?
Don't get me wrong, i'm pretty sure it can be a disorder (clinical depression) but it's not always the case.

*than