*smokes spliff and nods vigorously*

*smokes spliff and nods vigorously*
Leave Aoty to me

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=SEPr31ietaY
youtube.com/watch?v=_cWGcKe32QA
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

I never realized Dean Blunt was a black guy, I just realized I'd always been getting him confused with James Blake

I kept confusing him with James Blunt

Can someone explain me the appeal of this guy.

Its just the same deep voice over cheesy synths with random movie audio clips played.

Oh, that explains the connection, I forgot James Blunt was the name of somebody

>karaoke is a genre

>with random movie audio clips played.
its not random movies. dean hired people to say those lines

"escrow was selecting tunes in the mist early on
dean shows up after some guy posts up a british flag on escrows table
that's when the lights turn on the crowd, these bright ass spotlights that made every indie fuck in the audience seem really confused; like deer and headlights
he did tunes off the album, some older cuts, unreleased stuff too
you could only see his face at times when the light was just right, but he did seem angry in his presence and performance
his rapping sounded like he was very annoyed, he called the crowd crackers, he put alot of emphasis on words that were sure to offend: slut, hoe. i did see a chick grab her cuck bf and leave during the show
overall good show"

thats the appeal if u like performance art

Dean Blunt? More like Dean Cunt.

Does he have a shot at aoty?

REEE WHITEY ON MY SHOW >:DDDD

he's a visionary
hes like what we thought kanye west was when mbdtf came out, except dean is actually smart and has an interesting creative vision

>Dean Blunt
>Blunt

What did he mean by this?

>Mozart, Pascal, Boolean algebra, Shakespeare, parliamentary government, baroque churches, Newton, the emancipation of women, Kant, Balanchine ballets, et al. don’t redeem what this particular civilization has wrought upon the world. The white race is the cancer of human history.

What did he mean by this?

Fuck The Wire
Pretentious poseur-core for faggots who think they're too good for pop music

I thought I was on Sup Forums for second

The Wire is also the name of a magazine ya dunce

well why the fuck would they give themselves the same name

damn

What's up with the recent Wire spam

seriously
it's not even a good magazine

no idea why it's getting spammed but is it necessarily a bad thing? might help some people here discover more interesting music

no because it's a bunch of pretentious "look how obscure this free jazz drone 10" is xD pop music is invalid" and whose poser fans get in a hissy fit when artists like rihanna and chance the rapper get praised the mag because "huurrrrr you aren't allowed to like mainstream music"

neo-Sup Forums only just found out about it after their year-end list was posted here, now they're trying to posture

it's okay to feel threatened because people listen to music outside of your own personal comfort zone, user

just don't shitpost because of it

well obviously that's stupid, but maybe of people actually read the mag they would see it's never been about disparaging pop and more about celebrating 'adventures in modern music', whatever the fuck that means

I'm not threatened. You're the one with the inferiority complex trying to compensate by only listening to the most obscure and unlistenable garbage possible.

>a world beyond p4kcore exists
>"p-pretentious hipsters"

>i'm not threatened
>that's why i'm lashing out on Sup Forums at people with an experience of and interest towards music outside of the internet

>whose poser fans get in a hissy fit when artists like rihanna and chance the rapper get praised the mag because "huurrrrr you aren't allowed to like mainstream music"
Maybe because people don't subscribe to the wire to read about Rihanna. Leave that to the tabloids and p4k.

Reminder to filter "poseur" and "poseur-core" if you haven't already to keep faggots like this from being taken seriously
Saged and filtered

>"hurrrr i love experimental and forward thinking music"
>"but not when it's made by black, female, and/or mainstream artists"

There s/he goes again!

Truly an argument impossible to counter. I have surely never seen female or black artists discussed in The Wire

Ok, but then why do you/they have such an aversion to mainstream pop music. Why do you automatically discredit it when its pushing music as a whole forward? You can't honestly say Solange is inherently worse than some minimal drone shit.

>dean *blunt*
>smokes a *spliff*
???

youtube.com/watch?v=SEPr31ietaY

>Solange is inherently worse than some minimal drone shit
No one's saying this
Judge each album in the context of their contemporaries ffs

because a.) i personally generally don't like it and b.) wire's entire appeal or 'niche' is that the scope of music covered is far beyond pitchfork/fantano/nme

on the rare occasion that i'd take an interest in a pop artist i'd read about them elsewhere, i don't look to wire for that sort of thing

your entire argument is based around putting words in people's mouths, neither i or anyone else has discredited solange's inherent merit, rather that we simply don't care about her and are surprised to see wire's year-end list full of music from that camp when in the past they've only flirted with pop at best

So you're saying you're too good for pop music? Hoo boy. Yeah, because some guy blowing into a glass bottle with tape loops for 30 minutes is better than pertinent discussions about race and gender in tandem with some of the most melodically brilliant compositions of this century. Oh sorry, I forgot melody was a dirty word.

>So you're saying you're too good for pop music? Hoo boy.

>your entire argument is based around putting words in people's mouths

is reading too hard for you?

>So you're saying you're too good for pop music?
no, i'm saying i'm just not interested in it

i don't know where you've got this idea that everyone who doesn't like pop is just trying to posture, but it sure makes for a shitty argument, especially when you're trying to discredit a magazine that's been around since 1989

>no, i'm saying i'm just not interested in it
That makes you elitist, and an ignorant one at that. The history books will prove you wrong.

No. Pop artists may make more cultural impact, but are mostly irrelevant to the progession of music.

okay

>The history books will prove you wrong
oh, i'm certain that someone will write a prestigious book about beyonce's sister that will surely be meticulously studied in world-class universities around the globe in a centuries' time

>That makes you elitist, and an ignorant one at that
>more baseless ad-hominem

You're still not making a very good argument.

Fucking hell. Sup Forums is the absolute worst.

You are definitely a teenage/twenty-something girl with a tumblr account.

Literally Sontag

literally who

history books are written by elitists
btw you are one

Some cunt.

OH SHIT ITS THAT NIGGA DEAN

>You can't honestly say Solange is inherently worse than some minimal drone shit.
but she is

DAS RAYCISS YOU ELITIST SHIT
YOU WOULD BE PRAISING THAT ALBUM IF IT WAS PUT OUT BY A WHITE MALE AND DIDN'T GO #1 ON THE CHARTS

This makes me proud to be British

>real name isn't Dean

It's Craig David

It's Marcel Foley

OK, I guess I'll be the one to say it.

Where the fuck is that hand coming from? What is it attached to?

it's just banter innit

haha le black man is angry at me :^)

look at my shoulder
im bound to need you

fair ennuf

lol, she included kant, hahahaha.

His best song desu

Critique of Pure Reason underrated banger tbqh m8

>OP image is a Wire cover with a close up of a black musician

He's British, not black

reminder that if this were a pitchfork cover everyone praising him right now would be calling him a nigger and complaining about white guilt

Oh my mistake. He's obviously white then.

There's a difference between having an older upper class British cis male Black on your cover vs someone like Frank Ocean who is young, came out of the projects, is gay, and lives in America where his kind (both young black male and gay) are most persecuted.

>"it's different because it's a magazine i like!"

>older upper class British cis male Black
are you calling dean blunt rich LMAO

huh?

youtube.com/watch?v=_cWGcKe32QA