American will defend this

>American will defend this

You will never be as good at shitposting as Straya, NZ. Just give up.

>55.3% turnout
They should be embarrassed to call themselves a democracy. Our lowest turnout was 57.2% and that was because it was directly after the the first world war.

It was only 10 percent higher in the GE last year. Don't be so smug.

Keeps city slickers from fucking shit up.

Their choices were the worst possible candidates and some nobody third party, also Americans vote on Tuesday so no wonder the turnout was low

It's okay because people in states I don't like shouldn't count or something.

Except in 2004 when California and New York's candidate had a massive advantage in the electoral college but that was different for some reason

Illegal immigrants voted for her.

How can you expect them to bother voting when 3 million people's votes don't matter?

quite pathetic
good thing is, they elected a malleable retard so not much will come of it. the establishment is still in control.

Please, Kiwi Man, tell us Americans why every election should be decided by Florida, California, and New York alone instead of all fifty states. Tell us why making Midwestern votes worthless would make our country more democratic.

I didn't vote.
AMA
The people voting are only the concern of their respective states. The states, not individuals, vote at the federal level of the presidential election.

Huh, same thing happened when she lost to Obongo.

Where was all the out rage then?

Really makes my cranium work.

>some votes are worth more then others
doesn't seem very democratic to me

Why didn't you vote for Jill Stein?

because more people live there, you goddamn retard
why should their votes count for less an a """""democratic"""" nation?

>hurr ciities shouldn't count and that's why your vote shouldn't matter in rural TX but should be 10x if you live in Detroit
EC defenders actually pretend to believe this

because they don't represent people all over the nation

>votes decided by popular vote instead of electoral college
>candidates start campaigning only in cities with high population density
>less than ten states can now decide the election for the entire country
>forty states are now completely irrelevant

I know you're Canadians, but do you have to be quite this retarded?

Shoo shoo shillary

California and New York contribute the most to the federal budget and infrastructural aid than any backwards hick states. Why shouldn't their votes matter more?

Because farmers are arguably contributing more to society than fashion bloggers.

>majority of states already split between red and blue
>campaigns campaign only in swing states
>less than ten states can now decide the election for the entire country
>forty states are now completely irrelevant

This is literally no different from the status quo, shut up and kys

>all these newfags replying to this leaf-tier spam almost every single fucking day

There are very few farmers in red states - it's a modern, capital-intensive industry that requires almost no labor

>states that contribute most to the country are more relevant
>all votes are worth the same
>no affirmative action for redneck sisterfuckers

i'm not really seeing the problem with this. then again, i'm not a 400 pound burger

>>majority of states already split between red and blue
Actually, as you said earlier, less than 10 states are swing states, most states are guaranteed to go one way or the other.

Okay but some votes are still worth more than others regardless of how you justify it meaning its undemocratic.

up your shitposting game if you don't like it

Why does it matter if candidates campaign in Houston like they would in a democracy instead of Cleveland like they do now?

The problem isn't the electoral college per se, it's winner-takes-all. It should be done via Congressional District rather than state, and there should be a nonpartisan redistricting committee.

farmers are welfare queens who survive on federal subsidies and protectionist tariffs.
their net contribution to the nation is negative.

fashion bloggers are probably worth more

This.

This would distort the result less than the EC, but would still be bad. Why should winning a CD in suburban New York by 2% count for the same amount as winning a CD in rural GA by 60%?

Also of note that the President himself can't do that terribly much, even with Congress on his side. Small states are already protected with the Senate, and large states are given their share in the House of Representatives, so the discussion of the Electoral College is relative bickering.

Do small states have any interests that need to be protected? What do Rhode Island and Wyoming have in common that opposes them to California and Florida?

For Wyoming and many of the Western states, there is the BLM (as in, Bureau of Land Management, and not that movement) and National Parks that those on the densely-populated East Coast wouldn't care that much about.

Rhode Island and Delaware are densely populated but also small and therefore overrepresented in the Senate.

You can't really be over or underrepresented in the Senate since it's actively not by population.

You were making the argument that the Senate serves a useful function because it gives rural areas more representation than their population merits. But the Senate doesn't do that

It still does. Wyoming has 1/50 of the Senate despite having only 1/650 of the population. I'd argue we need to augment the House of Representatives a little since there's only 435 seats.

The Senate overrepresents rural Wyoming and urban Delaware while underrepresenting rural Georgia and urban New York

Muh vaccines and identity politics

hillary was better fuck trump and his memes

Defend what?

When does everyone else vote?

This

>They should be embarrassed to call themselves a democracy
We understand that we are representative democracy in order to prevent the tyranny of the majority. Do you understand that?

The president is supposed to be elected by the majority of the states, not the population per se, also more populated states have more Congressmen so they have higher representation by default.

This is a Toronto Starbucks hipster with huge glasses, isn't it?