Still are

>used to be

>used to be

>You now remember Stephen Ireland used to be half decent

Stephen Ireland was the Andy Carroll of his time

Jesus Christ, is that Michael Johnson?

remember when cITEH were a MASSIVE club

yes

I remember watching a movie in which the hero has magical football shoes. In the end he turns down evil Manchester United and goes to Manchester City instead

>Manchester United being the technically superior side and City the thugs.

youtube.com/watch?v=56GVkhE6CVI

Ah, the crappyness of Manchester City in those days

>Sun Jihai
>Dunne
>Ball
>Gelson Fernandes
>Hamann
>M. Petrov
>Elano
>Vassell
>Mpenza
>Bianchi
>Samaras
>Castillo
>Evans

City's entire identity was being the scrappy authentic underdog to United and since the Arab takeover they've completely lost it and now they are nothing

>mpenza
>bad

you wash your whore mouth

he was a CM0102 legend

Dunne, M Petrov and Hamann were all good players

>not mentioning Corradi and his celebrations
>or kiki musampa, wanchope, reyna and Sibierski
>or thugs like Thatcher and Barton
>or Foe :(
>or Fowler, Seaman and Schmeichel all after their peaks

Also the best two are Daniel Van Buyten who amazingly player for city for 5 games and Gláuber Berti who was famous for literally never playing

Based Andy gray

>Mpenza
Why does nobody wear those nose tapes anymore?

>used to be

They will always be a small club

Nah the City mentality will never change - we're happy to be anywhere, whether it's fighting relegation or being Premier League champions. Who fucking cares you soft bastards?

>Dunne
>Hamann
>Petrov
>Elano
Bad players? Come on Argiebarge, Elano was literally the best player in the league in his first season, until Christmas came and he broke irreporably. Dunne was player of the year for aboout four years, he was an absolute collossus

All this chatting shit is quite amusing -- I'll never forget the brilliant Dunne/Distin/Richards/Barton team of shitness, and all your butthurt will be cherished

City of old wouldn't have even got threads on Sup Forums, in the same way Crystal Palace or Watford don't get threads.

>he's never posted in a Crystal Palace or Watford thread
Why even fucking live you big club cunt?

Elano was based as fuck, that's true

> solia ser

When did city get all their money and break into the top tier of the PL?

Could the same thing eventually happen to Wolverhampton?

Arabs took over the club in 2008. They wasted a lot of money, failing hilariously, until they finally got it right when Mancini brought in the likes of Silva, Yaya Toure and Aguero.

people don't remember this? man I'm getting old

nobody took them seriously at first, every world class player rejected them despite the money. everyone flipped their shit when they got Robinho for christ sakes

They had to pay Yaya Touré five times his current wage to make him sign for them.

But we did

We even had a tripfag

we had like 100 tripfags back then to be fair

You now remember that Stephen Ireland has the gaudiest collection of cars in the world, which almost certainly makes him a homosexual

Because they were a meme. Like those weird muscle stickers.

>people don't remember this?
I never knew it desu. Didn't start watching soccer until 2010 WC

So, does anyone think anything of the Chinks takeover of Wolves? I know they're in the Championship but can they follow the same path that City did or do you think they'll end up like Villa?

Is Stephen Ireland from Ireland?

>but can they follow the same path that City
City (and Chelsea) killed the possibility of another City desu

City catapulted up by being so much richer than everyone else, now everyone's rich it's really hard to overpay for quality players

Sure. Chelsea is another proof. With endless money you can do whatever you want.

He's even played for Ireland

What a madman

TO BE FAIR, Chelsea broke in to the top 4 in 02/03, and then got bought. City was literally a mid-table/relegation fodder team until they got that big, sloppy arab cock showed up their ass.

just because a club has a rich owner doesn't mean he'll throw all his money into it

for the Sheikhs at City and Roman Abramovich this is their passion (also a useful way to launder money probably) but they are exceptions

fucking kek

>used to be

JIMMY GRIMBLE
>dat game where they played in the mudfield and the opponents just punched them repeatdly

Elano was good
>you now remember Bojinov

GOAT movie

Seriously, they are insane. He also has an R8 with gaudy painted accents, which he's apparently had re-done from red to blue (or the other way around), and the WORST is the Bentley with a ridiculous body kit

literally this

I don't. I was born in 2008

one of my friends used to shout JIMMY GRIMBLE every time he did a dribble in practise when we were like 10

Briefly

>win the league by GD
>"We are a bigger club than United"

>since 2011, United and City each have 2 titles, but United have 20 overall.

>City brags about their great attendance in League 1 in 2001. Seriously.

>their first big signing under the Arabs was Robinho, who literally thought he had been signing for United and was confused when given a blue jersey for photos.

The Robinho thing just shows how dumb footballers are though.

The weeks of negotiations that go into signing players, move to a whole new country to start your new life, and somehow dont even know what team you signed for until you get there.

Before the Arab takeover, United were commonly just called "Manchester" in Europe. City literally (not just banter) were a small club that bounced around the divisions, and wasn't much known outside England.

The suspicion has always been that the confusion was intentional by City. Their supporters admit that that signing gave them the credibility to make bigger signings in the next 2 years, building the title winners.

>the Serie-A top scorer Rolando Bianchi
That was a great debut. The only one good game.
I can see Reggina sold him for 50m if he play nowadays.

ABU my Cule friend

The amount of ABC in this thread is laughable. Obviously years of Man Utd Jewry have taken their toll.

A few reminders for the kids out there about true football history
>Man City were the first team from Manchester to win a major honour
>prior to the Munich air disaster, City had 4 League Titles/FA cups to Utd’s 6 - hardly a gulf in class
>City bent over backwards to help Utd after Munich, one of the reasons Utd didn’t crumble; without City they never would have got back on their feet like they did (conveniently forgotten/ignored)
>’big players’ of the olden days played for both clubs (Meredith actually played more for City, later on there was who Law who actually played for City before and after Utd) and some fans actually supported both teams because it was a pride of region thing
>but all the Man Utd crocodile tears and victim mentality (laying the groundwork for the club Liverpool FC would become) meant their popularity skyrocketed after Munich and everybody flocked to them
>pre Maine Road ground destroyed in a fire, rumours it was a disgruntled Utd fan jealous of success
>Man City still hold the record for highest home attendance of any club in English history (85k)

And for everybody saying that Chelsea are more deserving of their success than City (ridiculous to anybody who has an actual clue about football, but this is a Mongolian fishing forum populated by children)
>League title wins pre investment
City: 2
Chelsea: 1

>FA Cup wins pre investment
City: 4
Chelsea: 3

>League Cups pre investment
City: 2
Chelsea: 2

>European trophies pre investment
City: 1
Chelsea: 1

By whatever measurement you choose, the dismissing of City as ‘just a small club’ is purely because City were shit in the 90s, when mouth breathers assume football was invented

Also, I see a lot of kids say that City aren’t well attended
>after boardroom cunts fucked their shit up and they got relegated to Division Three (what is now League One) City still got more fans into their ground than a lot of teams in the Premier League or Division One (Premier League or Championship) and even more so after they got promoted
>solid, consistent fan base despite being one of (on average) the poorest set of fans in the country
>fans would literally spend money they didn’t really have to prop the club up; now we’re financially secure it’s not as important to make sure they get our money every week

tbqh lads I’m disappointed - you fell for the ‘City are nothing’ meme and it’s a bit beneath you

May one of the purest, most determined footballers in the history of the game visit you tonight, and make you see the error of your ways; may you apologise to Colin Bell and the world in general

>Man City fan using MUH 'ISTREE
I expected better.

I don't usually lad, but seeing people chat shit about how Chelsea 'deserve' the moneyed success they've had, while we don't, is just fucking ridiculous

Also the title of the thread is
>you now remember that Man City used to be a small club
So when we're talking about "used to be" then that's the realm of history I'm afraid

personally I think neither side deserve it because neither club are the same club pre-investment

>So when we're talking about "used to be" then that's the realm of history I'm afraid
fair enough

A balanced and reasonable response. I am engorged

But no, you're right - they are now 'different' clubs. But the fans have stayed the same, which is actually quite noticeable really

>Chelsea
sizeable hooligan/racist element, uncomfortable in decent area of London, 'everybody hates us' mentality although not as big as, say, Millwall's. Hate technically poor players

>City
working class, pessimistic, gladly accepting any decent football played in front of them because they've had shit times. Hate lazy players

>You now remember that Manchester City used to be a small club

How young do you have to be to forget this?

The City fans coming down to >us (Fulham) when we were still in the PL were changing I found. Out went the typical working class Manc and in came self entitled whiny fans. Although I reckon if we had the success that they have had, I would be in the same boat. Having said that, they have decent away support, them and United always had a big crowd.

Chelsea fans will never change though.

>all the Man Utd crocodile tears and victim mentality (laying the groundwork for the club Liverpool FC would become)

What exactly do you mean by this? The Hillsborough families were legitimately denied justice amd closure for over 20 years after the incident by the South Yorkshire police.

wtf I hate man city now

>used to be

>used to be

When did you start viewing them as a big club? For me it was when they signed Carlito Tevez.

I watched Steven Ireland (and Schmeichel) play in the last ever game at Maine Road, a youth team final.

Ireland was the best player on the pitch by a mile. Clearly had the vision, touch and composure needed to make it to the top.

What went wrong? Mentality and personality. He could've stayed at City if he trained as hard as he could and improved; instead he just bought stupid cars and houses, and fucked around instead of working on his game.

As such he became lightweight and not rounded enough. A genuine shame, he had a lot of potential.

>this was 9 years ago

also you now remember Elano

You know remember Rolando Bianchi

>>used to be

What was Distin like for city? He was fucking brilliant for Everton for a while

What was Yobo like for Everton?

These fucks are already so rich they don't need to go to Wolverhampton. It's a problem luring people to Manchester, but Wolverhampton is another level of shit.

Even Leicester is like fucking Monte Carlo compared to Wolverhampton.

Quality player who will always be remembered fondly. Was never sensational though.

He was brilliant for City. Consistently awesome. Him and Dunne were an absolute top class partnership

Dunne
>massive, hench, built, stacked, fat cunt, will twat you, strong as fuck
>smashing up anybody who tries to come at him

Distin
>fast, lean, muscly
>tracks back anybody who gets past Richard 'The Honey Monster' Dunne

Obviously they weren't top tier defenders but they were a great partnership; literally all that stopped us getting relegated a couple of times (along with the actually-very-good-but-just-a-psycho Joey Barton and his central midfield performances)

Just another thing that people would look back on fondly, or would be remembered better, if it wasnt for the anti-City bias everywhere

That's basically how I remember him at Everton with jags, so many games where nothing got past him. Such a shame he declined so quickly.

Did you see that thing a few years back where he was shagging a girl who thought he was a milkman lol

>tfw old enough to remember this shit

Didn't Robinho think he was signing for Chelsea or something?

How does this image make you feel?

Confused, as I'm pretty sure Liverpool FC are from England, not Ireland???

Feed the goat and he will score

Liverpool isn't part of England, it's an Irish colony

UAE royal family bought club and got them straight to a Top 5 club after just one season.
They already had Hart and then they added:

1st year (2007-08) - Robinho, Vincent Company, Zabaleta, Nigel de Jong

2nd year (2008-09) - Carlos Tévez

3rd year (2009-10) - Yaya Touré, David Silva, Edin Dzeko, Mario Balotelli, James Milner, Jérôme Boateng

4th year (2011-12) - Sergio Agüero

5th year (2012-13) - no big names

6th year (2013-14) - Fernandinho

7th year (2014-15) - Fernando, Bacary Sagna, Eliaquim Mangala, Wilfried Bony

8th year (2015-16) - De Bruyne, Sterling, Otamendi

9th year (current) - Gündogan...

Distin imo has been a top tier defender. Surprisingly good with that left foot and a fucking incredible athlete. But if he's next to the most red carded player ever and Micah Richards obviously there are going to be issues of shape and discipline.

>Distin most red cards ever
>Dunne most own goals ever

City were always entertaining to watch.

This is so sad. There was that moment when there was MJ, Ireland before he knew he was a joke, Hart, first signs of Sturridge coming through, Micah Richards playing right back like he was the captain and none of us knowing that Onuoha wasn't good too.

What do they have now? A new revolution every two years and after each one Yaya Toure gets a cake and a payrise.

This feels like posts a Liverpool supporter would make

>a fulham supporter trying to be objective in an argument for/against chelsea and city

Hmm, I wonder if theres any bias in here at all?

No he just really wanted to sign for Chelsea and then City ended up being the only one willing to spend the money on him.

In his press conference he accidentally said "I'm really happy to sign for Chelsea".

>Corradi
>3 goals all season.
he fucked some nice pussy but never scored much. he was very precious in the box though

eb ot desu

why do black players love Chelsea so much