It bothers me that Aragorn, in the books and movies...

It bothers me that Aragorn, in the books and movies, is portrayed as possessing skills and knowledge in hunting and tracking that Legolas lacks.

Legolas is 30,000 years old. Just think about that. He's been living with a race of people who make their subsistence, I presume, at least partially by hunting in forests. You'd think Legolas might know a thing or two about tracking. If he had spent 300 years (a mere 1/100th of his life, the equivalent of 10 months of Aragorn's 80 years) studying tracking, he should far exceed the skills of any human. Realistically in that regard, every elf should equal or exceed even the best humans in the application of every field of knowledge.

And additionally, how strange is it that Legolas had never traveled to Lothlorien? It was made clear that the Mirkwood elves were aware of this place, and fabled it, viewing it as a marvelous and higher society than their own. The distance between the two civilizations as about 500 miles. You'd think, at some point in his first 20,000 years, Legolas would have wanted to take a year or two for travel, and just go poking around the area, to visit his elven brethren, and just see if the legends were true. If for nothing else than curiosity. If Bilbo can travel 1,000 miles in the lifespan of a hobbit...

>all the elves have wrinkles and 5 o'clock shadow
>mfw

They're supposed to stop showing outward signs of aging in their early 20's

Also, how come there's not more jealousy towards elves from Men in the book? Men are all inexplicably stoic about their miserable fate to grow old and die while elves remain eternally youthful (Literally they don't die unless from injury. Galadriel is 300,000 years old)

Elves are too busy crafting ornate bullshit and and straightening each other's hair to actually do anything in their lives.

>straightening each other's hair
>Implying that's not natural

Although Tolkein never did, IIRC, outright mention that the elves all have blue/green/grey eyes, lol. He did attribute grey eyes as an indication of genetically superior bloodlines in Numenoreans, though,

So the elves for LOTR are literally like the vampires for Twilight.

no

The kinslaying never happened. Feanor did nothing wrong. The dwarves are the single biggest threat to the survival of middle earth. Noldor are the masterrace.

Ramsay, 5 dogs and 20 good men vs Aragorn and the ghost knights: who wins?

Tom Bombadil

Legolas is barely 7,000 years old and doesn't leave Mirkwood much beacuse he protects its borders.

Delete this

>year 3013 of Third Age
>still falling for Valar propaganda

Implying it wasnt eternal Valar plot all along. Also, friendly reminder that Morgoth was a valar, so same ethnicity as rulers of Aman. But that is a coincidence, goyi... I mean Quendi.

>Also, how come there's not more jealousy towards elves from Men in the book? Men are all inexplicably stoic about their miserable fate to grow old and die while elves remain eternally youthful
>tfw this is pretty much the starting point for a book I'm writing

The inverse of this is that humans have a more structured life. They're born, they love, they create a new generation, they grow old and they pass on. Elves are forced to live a detached life and treat people with apathy otherwise they have to suffer thousands of years' worth of grief, which is what happened to Arwen.

Elves longevity makes some of them very complacent when it comes to honing their skills.

Think about it for a second, you are born into a world where you're sure of your biological immortality.
What is there to rush? To Elves there is barely a difference between someone who's 100 years old or 200 years old, in their eyes someone that old is like a toddler when most of them lived for more than 10.000 years. Most humans with their very limited lifespan can't afford that type of shit. To Elves wasted years don't exist, to humans someone who spends 10 years doing nothing is seen as a fuck up.

Legolas isn't 30,000 years old, he's 3,000 years old.

Your mistake is trying to compare the elven experience to the human experience. Elves do not view their lives the same way that men do in Tolkien.

The elves of Mirkwood are very clannish and withdrawn from other elves. They're secretive and do not leave their woods often. It's part of their identity and their view of the world is not as broad as that of men.

Curiosity and a yearning for exotic experiences are traits more attributed to men than elves or dwarfs in Tolkien. Elves with wanderlust were a rarity and you can assume that Legolas, being a prince of sorts, would be more likely to live out all of his thousands of years of life the Sindar way.

aragorn's skills are magic. I ain't got to explain shit.

are there any elves in LotR that live detached from other elves and think that whole "living in a forest" and doing nothing for thousands of years is kind of bullshit?

I mean there must be rogue elves.

>which is what happened to Arwen.

Racemixing skank got what she asked for. Even Aragorn tried to talk her out of it.

>Elves with wanderlust were a rarity

What do you mean? They did that kind of shit all the time. The entire house of Noldor was all about exploration, discovery, and innovation.