So, whe capeshit finally does out, and vidyakino makes its way to the mainstream, what big-budget...

So, whe capeshit finally does out, and vidyakino makes its way to the mainstream, what big-budget, big-name director vidya adaptation are you looking forward to the most? Me? It's definitely Silent Hill 2.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=6LB7LZZGpkw
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Thoughts on the first silent Hill movie? I enjoyed it tbqh

I really didn't. It wasn't that bad, but it was just meh. No semblance of SH's original atmosphere, subtext, what have you. I thought it was just lazily done. Won't even comment on the second installment.

After how fucking horrible Revelation was, I have absolutely no faith in them handling something with the care that SH2 would require.

Del Toro would do an amazing job of this. Kojima would certainly be happy for him to make a movie of this.

Uncharted

It's gonna be fun and full of dank memes

nah, Del Toro would fuck up the emotional aspects of the film. More importantly than creative monsters, SH2 made you feel on the brink of tears. Del Toro simply can't into emotion.

Would you kindly?

>James defeats Maria and starts the walk back to his car.
>Mary's letter is narrated in its entirety
>As James is walking, the fog lifts and Silent Hill returns normal as he breaks out of the fog world
>James gets in his car.
>He looks down at the lake and starts the engine.
>Laura runs up behind the car and calls him to him
>Close up of James contemplating
>Cut to black

youtube.com/watch?v=6LB7LZZGpkw

Honestly surprised no one has taken a stab at half life yet

Renewed interest might get Gaben off his fatass and make HL3

This doesn't need an adaptation because it already has one by the name of Jacob's Ladder.

Fuck............

no thanks.

>implying based Gaben would sell the rights to HL to anyone

Terrible SH movie.
Great horror movie.

Forbidden Siren could work out as a great tv series

>video game adaption

Literally WHY

When it's accurate it's just a 1:1 version of the game. Why bother? you already have the game.

Agreed really, part of why SH2 was great was that you never really saw an unreliable narrator in a game before and the whole game fucked with you because of that. I think it was much stronger thanks to the trust you usually place in the character you play as.

This. Let's be honest, if you are interested in the story of a game and don't want to play it, you can just watch a no commentary playthrough on youtube. Hollywood isn't capable of creating their thing because it'll be shit, so it's useless.

What COULD work is that you take the game's cutscenes, cut them together to turn it into a mini-series or movie. Gameplay sections could be machina.

That was the Ratchet and Clank Movie. And the upcoming Sly Movie. Two game series I love, and two movies which respectively suck and will suck sweaty donkey bollocks.

I thought it was alright. Definitely got the creatures right and Pyramid Head with the movements and all.

I agree with this user here though. I loved that it did the opening camera movement from the corner of the alley (iirc its been a while), but the actual gore of it wasn't needed. Like he said, the atmosphere wasn't right. Could have stayed with more in line with just the psychological, disturbing shit without going for shock value. And why they wouldn't go with a male lead I couldn't understand.

Think James' Bond with amnesia in the 80's~ against an organization of secret spys with roman numerals as their 'handle', comic book kills and cell shading made me jizz as a kid, but not many have played it.

Or I'd like to see pixar or some animation company make a light hearted comedy based on Hogs of War.

Gears of War could also be really good, I would prefer it in a final fantasy spirits within style of animation instead of live action, because I don't think they would be able to pull off the equipment and monsters

I really think Silent Hill would work better as a series because there's way less pressure to have big pleb pleasing gore and action scenes.

XIII is a Euro comic series first.

Given the track record of Silent Hill movies I highly doubt they'll do a good adaptation of 2.

I don't actually read comics but w/e its a video game too.

was the cross over bad or something ? I barely even remember the plot

Wow

even though its practically already a movie

Are there any actually good video game movies? Not just something that wasn't awful, something that's actually worth watching.

>SH2
>anything like Jacob's Ladder

The Spirits Within