Ask a former heroinfag currently detoxing from methadone anything

Ask a former heroinfag currently detoxing from methadone anything...

>inb4 kill yourself

Bitch, I just might. This sucks...

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=OLlrH8q5d3M
youtube.com/watch?v=nk26Ydj5038
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

is the pic showing some kind of extraction or something?

what made you decide to quite?

I don't know drugs. what does this mean

It's what the methadone dispensing unit looks like at the clinic

I was on a slow taper for 2 years. I went down to 10 mg from 60 mg at 2 mg increments.

On Friday, they moved me from 10 mg to 8 mg and I started feeling the withdrawal symptoms for the first time. I took my bottles home, woke up on Saturday and decided I was done. Just gonna jump off at 8...

And so that's what I've done. Thought it'd be easy but it kind of really sucks even though 8 mg isn't a lot -- at all

just get yourself some of this man, tastes real good

I was a heroin addict for a few years and wanted to quit.

Methadone is like a heroin substitute. It doesn't get you high but it *does* keep the withdrawal at bay.

Unfortunately, you've got to come off methadone at some point and so... #withdrawal

Ham sounds good right now actually. But I'm still kind of nauseous

sounds shit, hope ya get over it soon
go enjoy the finer things in life, like pokemon go.

Well, props to you man! Get your life on track. Shit will get tough in life, do your best to stay off and keep away from drugs. I know that relapse is common because we always go back to what we know. But honestly keep it up!

How the Fuck can I dissolve opanas?

Feel free to ask me about my past too.

I've got some great/funny drug addict stories.

I've chased people through the projects, shit myself in a McDonald's parking lot, stuck things in my ass, robbed a drug dealer (he deserved it...trust...) ...

How's being dope sick?

>finer things in life
Not the user you're replying to, but I like that expression.
Drugs are fucking great, I mean ofc, that's what they're supposed to be.
But they are a brutal way of fun.
Thanks for that expression!

Have you considered ibogaine treatment?

Thanks. It's just a good time to do it right now because, believe it or not (and no one will I'm sure), but I'm a high school teacher.

So the summer is a great time to do something like this when I'm off from teaching.

I'm really liking these supportive posts. Sup Forums in the morning is so much less cancerous -- thanks man!

My sister just detoxed from methadone after eight years this spring, I sat her house and wrote letters to her every single day.
I know what you're going through. Godspeed.

I used to sniff them but that was before the tamper resistant formula came out. They squish like skittles now, right? Yeah that sucks...

The first and second day were bad, and then the third day was really good actually. I thought I had beaten the sick. Nope!

I've got the chills right now and terrible diarrhea.

>I started feeling the withdrawal symptoms for the first time.
That's a real bitch surprise, wasn't it?

What needle should I buy to shoot heroin for the first time?

You can do it, man. It will be hard, but absolutely worth it.
Get you life back, travel without having to plan where you can restock etc.
And write down lots of reasons to keep going while you don't have withdrawals. And read the notes back when you're struggling.

I had at one point but I was already on the 'done train so (choo! choo!) so it didn't make sense to switch horses.

Is she doing all right now? Sound like you're a bro for having her back like that. Good on you man, and good on her...

Like a kick in the balls

Seriously, good for you OP
I had an experience with tranquilizer addiction that resulted in withdrawal so severe it literally almost killed me. I could have never imagined feeling so profoundly fucking horrible, and I spend a lot of it deeply considering suicide. Glad I didn't to say the least. Stay strong Sup Forumsrother

pic related

I used a 28g 1ml diabetic syringe. That being said, I don't recommend you do dope -- ever.

That's actually a good idea. I think I'll do that -- thanks!

I'm definitely looking forward to being drug and "mediation"-free...

Hey annon first congrats. Second get some kratom it works and it's all natural and it's legal it will take away at least half of your withdrals. I was a heroin addict for 5 years and on suboxone for 2 before I decided I was done with the shit for good.

Glad to hear you stuck it out and are doing OK. That's what's up Sup Forumsro

>1ml

Sorry my bad I mean 1cc. Been a while since I bought a rig...

But that's beside the point. Don't do dope!

Kratom, huh? I'd consider it just to take the edge off, but I'm not sure where I'd even buy it.

Im pretty amazed at how there are actually some nice people here on Sup Forums.

She's trying to get back this fall.
She absolutely wasn't (and couldn't have been) prepared to go on after it, and she manages to be only barely functional now. I dropped by to see her last monday and we talked about attempting to re-establish the contacts she cut during the detoxing. I talked her out of the "bad" ones.
But she's in a loving relationship and that is a huge step for her.

just think about prostate massages

there arsesome

Why not smoke opium all day? I mean its all natural.
Just to take the edge off...

Kratom user here this must be a glitch in the matrix cause I have done all those things you mentioned as well ( and in a McDonald's parking lot as well) and yes he did deserve it

Yeah man it's tough. Your world stops. I lost touch with so many people throughout the course of my drug addiction. All you can think about is getting "well." (Because at that point, you're barely getting high anymore).

A loving relationship can certainly help. Been with my ol' gal for 8 years and so she was there for all of it. We actually went through it together. Long story, but we got dirty together and got clean together. (She went off methadone a month ago.)

Get some immodium for the diarrhea. Use as directed. Also, look up kratom. Good luck bro.

They have it at head shops where I live it's great all around so 3-4 grams mixed in water is a feeling like coffee but 5-6 grams is a sedating feeling ....opiates affect like 4 or 5 receptors in our brains well kratom affects 2 of those and not the ones that make you fiend or feel great or shit yourself in a McDonald's parking lot cause you waited to long to do a load.

Right? We were always on the up and up with all our dealers and connects, but that one scumbag who didn't give us what we paid for and then tried playing it off...

Fuck that guy.

She never had people around, I'm the only link to the rest of her family. She started using (something, everything? I don't remember) at around 14 and got into satan worship, plus our abusive father (I wasn't there for her.)
And every single day she got her dose there'd be the "old group" talking shit, especially about her because she did an absolutely wonderful job during being on methadone. But every morning was hell for her. And my contacts I meant for buying the things she needs. Mostly sedatives, I don't remember specific names.
It's been lonely for her.

8 years, awh. But I hope neither of you ended up sabotaging each other, at any point.

Agreed maybe the taste of his own medicine will ect ect

Bro that's exactly what happened. Dealer kept saying he was right around the corner. Had to go inside to the bathroom and trash my boxers

>8 years, awh. But I hope neither of you ended up sabotaging each other, at any point.

We never grimed each other actually. Not sure how the relationship survived because it's unusual. I think it's because we were together for so many years BEFORE getting into drugs

>kratom affects 2 of those
Ended up putting together a thing about opioid receptors, addiction and long-term harm for my sister, I'd never heard of kratom before but this got me real interested.

Yep it happens when you think it's close your body let's it's defenses down then when it doesn't come yer fucked... Congrats on clean tho I always felt like I was in a leash couldn't go to far or travel or go camping ect.....then I always thought of getting clean like being born cause sedated for so long everything is new and the feels so strong...I remember a fucking credit card commercial made me cry

>used to be heroin addict for year and half.
>today marks 5months since the last time I did heroin.
>I'm only 20.
>went to rehab . Got off dope with suboxin in 4 days.
>stayed for 75days
>all praise the mighty L. Ron

Since I've been back I haven't had any true urges or any of that bull shit. I've had heroin in front of my face handful of times but I didn't fucks with it. Dropped all my old dope "friends". Reconnected with my true friends. Going to meditation, expanding my spiritual mind and being. And I can say that I am truely happy and it's only getting better.

You can do it to.

Kratom and (also shit self) user here...it works wonders for any addiction to downers people use it for methadone suboxone tramadol and all the opiates unfortunately head shops are selling it as something to get high off of so it's illegal in 2 States already ibdidnt believe it when I tried it but holy shit it works a website called kratom to go or some shit has great quality and next day shipping

Yeah, we're in Finland and apparently that shit doesn't really fly here, either.

Yeah believe it or not, I haven't experienced a real, *actual* urge since going on methadone. Sometimes I'll think, "oh. I can get heroin if I wanted to." But it's more of a oh-yeah, that's-still-a-possibility sort of thought and it quickly disappears. It's fleeting. I feel no compulsion to use at this point.

*If* I feel compelled to use after detoxing completely from methadone, I'll probably go back on it for a while longer. But I'm optimistic...

Also... fucking congrats!

Got to get ready for work but congrats and good thread 4chin is always so less edgy in the morning!!!

To those who recently detoxed.
Imagine I'm someone important to you.
What do you wish I would do for you?

Like a completely different animal, right? Thanks bro!

Whoa... heavy question!

I just wonder if there was something "general" and obvious that I wouldn't know to think about.

OP here... I can't help but wonder how many of you guys who were once heroinfags are close by (CT/NY/NJ). We've got a real problem right now...

>I just might
do it then, nobody gives a fuck. How many nigger cocks did you suck to get high?

I think that I would just want you to *understand* what's going on, how much it sucks, that I'm not weak, it hurts, and that when I'm moody or impatient or I snap at you... I love you. I didn't mean it. I'm just in terrible, terrible pain -- physical and emotional.

Whoa... I actually started to tear up a little bit writing that.

15 minutes outside hartford here

There we go that's the Sup Forums I know!

In all seriousness, never exchanged sexual favors for drugs. I've done lots of other scummy shit, but nothing like that.

OP here. Also from CT (New Haven area)

Whats heroin like, only done codeine and tramadol kek

get some suboxone and do a detox from the methadone. methadone withdrawal lasts a LONG fucking time but it's not as intense as dope. good luck man. hopefully you'll finally be free of this shit for good. i know people at my clinic that have been on methadone for 30+ years

Cromwell

I need a new connect. The dope I'm getting now is cut with coke first some Fucking reason. Maybe to counteract the fent

>waited until 20 to try anything drug related because of fucked up family example was deterrent
>Never had moderation in life though, got into guitar & had to have as many as possible; like soda so drank 3 super big gulps daily
>Try weed and actually don't regret early pot, opened my perspective on some things and was fun for a bit
>Headaches from smoking too much out of bong, try 2 5 mg oxycodone (Percocet) at once...fucked forever
>Knew I was doomed, liked opiates far too much, never in denial as addiction progressed
>Spent over 10 years as a hardcore pharmaceutical opiate junkie
>Up to 50 10mg hydrocodone a day easy just to function, then still sought Dilaudid and oxycodone from oxycontin or basic Perc's to TRY and get nodded
>Rarely worked
>Herculean amounts of opiates, Benzo's, Soma's and eventually alcohol for synergistic effect could barely keep me "well", whenever withdrawal was in full swing was the worst fucking feeling and experience you can imagine.
>Hollow, empty, just a big nerve the size of a man in constant pain and agony
>Finally try Methadone maintenance therapy after years of rehabs & relapse
>Have been on methadone for over a decade and will probably be for life...as it's been shown psychologically and physiologically the brain of long term opiate addicts are irrevocably altered and the reward system will never be right again
>For me Methadone is like insulin, I don't feel a huge high or nod out, just feel normal. No withdrawal or cravings. It's working for me, life is as good as life gets, not great & not awful...all any of us have really.
>Fuck critics of methadone programs, it works for me and hundreds of thousands of others, most who prefer to be anonymous and get back to their lives and function.
>If you're a true opiate addict and nothing is working to improve your life...try it, if it don't agree with you or you hate it, they're always gonna make H and pills , etc. It ain't going nowhere...

Hard to explain because it loses its shine so damn fast.

It's very much like oxycodone but a little more sedating and a hell of a lot cheaper. I sniffed it for a year and a half then shot it for another year and a half. (OP btw...)

It's warm, cozy... I'm trying not to relive or romanticize old memories buttt...

>dat feel when you're in your car and it's snowing outside and you shoot some dope

The world just becomes warm, cozy, peaceful...

This

Like thinking happy thoughts

>Fuck critics of methadone programs, it works for me and hundreds of thousands of others, most who prefer to be anonymous and get back to their lives and function.

I hear that, Sup Forumsro! I hate those NA meetings where they fucking look down their long noses on methadone/suboxone.

I'm 28 and was a heroinfag for 3 years. I'll see what it's like without methadone. I'm optimistic but I wouldn't feel bad about going back on methadone if depression/urges are unbearable

Jealous, faggot?

I knew there would be CTfags in this thread. Shit's crazy right now

They sure take that the long way around the barn.

i can relate man.

i had tried everything and was about to give up on ever getting better when i got on methadone maintenance. i had been an H addict for nearly 10 years using every day. i had tried subs but they gave me really bad headaches and they didn't really kill the cravings.

since i got on done i've been clean for 18 months, got a job, got my own apartment, am back in school with a 4.0 GPA, and everything is going as well as it possibly could be really. i don't tell people i'm on methadone though because it's nearly as stigmatized as dope is and people in recovery don't consider you to be "clean" if you're on methadone.

i plan to start tapering off in the near future but i'm worried about going through withdrawals and relapsing. i do have a bunch of suboxone though from old prescriptions so hopefully i can use it short-term to counteract the worst of the withdrawal symptoms if need be.

Well when I first was looking to get clean or cleaner (since methadone n subs are still opiates) I was looking for those kinds clinics. But I didn't want to substitute one addiction for another. So I went to rehab and didn't leave until I knew I was ready. I could left after 45 days but I said no I want to take the 2ND program and stay longer, until I was ready. Which honestly was awesome and I had a great time there. 30 day programs typically fail and I feel if I did a 30day I wouldn't have been as successful as I am now. I highly recommended going to rehab and staying there until you are ready. Also put 110% into it.

>I'm 28 and was a heroinfag for 3 years.
That really got me thinking.
My sister's 33. 8 years on methadone. Started all kinds of shit around 14-15. That's around one third of her life of God knows what.
No wonder she's such a wreck, to be honest.

But hey, looking good. I wish you luck.

Not really. I got bomb ass, fluffy, powdered east coast dope when I was using. I don't know what the fuck that shit is. Looks like you baked some snot in the oven and it burned

Yup. I can name ppl I know that fell out and went to the hospital. Narcan is a Fucking lifesaver

6* ppl

I hate all you whining med seeking druggies fake detoxing in the clinical setting. The worst fucking patients. Junk humans.

You don't have to come off Methadone if you were a longtime chronic opiate addict. MMT: Methadone Maintenance Therapy is for longer term Methadone treatment vs. the faster, 30 to 60 day taper detox.

Many people live long, healthy lives and take Methadone daily longterm, possibly lifetime. Life long users aren't as common to read about, as far as tons of anecdotal reports like a quick detox has. But there are tens of thousands of lifelong MMT patients in this country and more who passed away while on lifelong Methadone that didn't contribute to their death. In fact its the opposite, Methadone helps hardcore, multiple year junkies like myself to life a long healthy life.

You sound like a fly fisherman

Same bro

Thanks man

My therapist/doctor seems to think I'm a good candidate for tapering completely off of methadone but I'll keep that in mind.

Ever smoke raw opium?

Nope.

Not op but I got1250 opium poopypants seeds on the way. I'll let you know how it works out

hang in there bro. im i trying to detox too feels really fucking bad. youtube.com/watch?v=OLlrH8q5d3M

We're gonna make it Sup Forumsro

Ah, me either.
Growing a plant or making tea?

Thanks Sup Forumsro, I go to some NA meetings and have peer coached but I am always completely silent about my Methadone program. Its always some fuck who smokes 5 cigarettes in 10 minutes after the meeting with an energy drink in his hand who starts in with the "If you're on Methadone or Suboxone you're not clean man!" Fucking assholes. 3 things you never ask for at a 12 step meeting: legal, financial or medical advice. Everyone's an expert and actually act like you won't laugh in their face when they just shared they gambled away their home & kids college fund but have a 13 stage plan for your finances you "have to do"...fuuuck.

Want to try growing

They're pretty to look at. You can top them too to make a shorter bushier plant that has more flowers. The untopped one doesn't look half has healthy as the topped one.

Hang in there. Never done drugs, I can only imagine how it feels detoxing from heroin. I reckon this is going to help youtube.com/watch?v=nk26Ydj5038

BD or relion 30g 1cc

I want to thank you all. On one hand, it's kind of encouraging to know that she's not the only one going to through this.

Good luck to all of you.

I wish you well brother. I was a hard core, 50-60+ pills a day opiate addict and towards the end of my 12 years using I was on everything & anything, just madness. Lucky to be alive. Point is by the point I began Methadone treatment I was so low but then experienced my life return and get better the longer I was on it. I have been on the MMT for 10+ years and just do my life a day at a time.

One day I may decide to try to detox and I've read tons about Ibogaine and am curious so I may get off the MMT one day, but now Im cool.

Good luck brother