There are people on Sup Forums right at this very moment that don't play a single instrument

>there are people on Sup Forums right at this very moment that don't play a single instrument

Any musical opinions you have are meaningless and you should leave

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=EqsDLMii8gk
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Drums count right?

Retards Attempting Posting

>there are people on Sup Forums right now that give a shit about other peoples opinions

vocals are an instrument

what about music that isn't made with instruments you can actually play?

What are you talking about?

you can record someone coughing and paulstretch it out 5 hours and call it an ambient album

That sounds terrible, if I'm being honest!

a shit one

>there are people on Sup Forums who aren't politicians
>there are poeple on /lit/ who haven't written a book
>there are people on /asp/ who haven't wrestled
>there are people on [s4s] who haven't created a meme

/thread

The things you listed are more comparable to being a professional musician. Being able to play an instrument is more like
>posting on Sup Forums with basic knowledge of politics
>posting on /lit/ with basic knowledge of literature
>posting on /asp/ with basic knowledge of wrestling
>posting on [s4s] with basic knowledge of shitposting

Yes

double /thread

Yeah, but it is way easier to play an instrument than all of those things combined

What if I have played 3 instruments for years but due to things in life happening, I havent touched them in a good year or so

Well, are you still able to play them?

well... Yeah. They arent where im at physically but its a short drive and I still knot how to play well

I play guitar, bass guitar, shamisen, sitar, drums, piano, trumpet, alto sax, marimba, and can sing. I genuinely believe my opinions matter more than anyone else on this board

I played cello in middle school, does that count?

>inb4 NEED TO BE A GOURMET CHEF TO GIVE YOUR OPINION ON FOOD
Gourmet chef is the logical equivalent of being a fulltime recording artist.

The equivalent of playing an instrument is cooking a meal like, once.

How do you find the time to regularly practice on so many instruments?

I'm a trust fund NEET with literal autism. it's got its benefits quite honestly

I don't associate with them, they're all poor, untalented, low functioning autistic weebs.

gonna have to call BS on that. when i was a NEET, all concept of time fell out the window. 2 years of my life, like a blur. i would've never been fucked to learn an instrument

youtube.com/watch?v=EqsDLMii8gk

what instrument do I have to play to have a valid opinion about this?

this is correct

this is a false equivalency

some days do fly by and I only get an hour or two of practice in. many days i find myself almost physically needing to practice.

Play a synthesizer very, very badly.

I guess that makes sense. Wish I had this much time to practice, but I'm a wagecuck so I can only play one hour per day.

>this is a false equivalency
What's wrong with my comparisons?

I'm gonna stop playing the drums in a week. I hate it. I've hate it since the beginning. Frustating unplesant and depressing.

at least you can socialize, I freeze up answering my door for the mailman. I found that cutting other activities out of my life(i.e television, computer games, even eating sometimes) has helped me focus on learning

>there are people on Sup Forums right at this very moment that result in frogposting to express their autistic opinions while smugly feeling superior without having any qualifications, except maybe playing shitty indie guitar songs

I wish I had that drive. bidya gms and socializing is super fun and I waste way too much time doing both

>at least you can socialize
I can't. I only leave the house to go to work or visit my best (and only) friend.

>leave the house
you're already 2 steps ahead of me

Since you don't leave the house, did you teach yourself how to play instruments? Or did you learn it back in school?

most of it is self taught, the power of the internet is incredible. I learned the two "exotic" instruments the shamisen and sitar on the web

>most of it is self taught
Would you consider yourself a skilled musician? I'm asking because so far, I've also been teaching myself (mostly with a book for basic guitar chords and melodies) and I'm a bit worried that my playing might suffer later on because of this.

I would consider myself skilled. Partly because of an inflated ego caused by no peer review but also because I'm objectively good at the instruments I choose to play. I think anyone can be good while teaching themselves, it's really about how much you want to be good. if you doubt yourself at every corner you'll always be shit

This post felt pretty inspiring to read, thanks for the answer. Good luck with your instruments and I hope that you can overcome your problems with socializing.

glad my stupid habits could help someone, I suppose I'll need to sort the whole socializing thing out eventually but I don't feel ready quite yet.

>still listening to real instruments

stop being so old

I know you're kidding but I still want to hit you, like really hard

JUST BE YRSLF ;)
Apart from that you'll probably suck for the rest of your life. you're not a rockstar and you'll never be talented. Life is just failure and dreams never become true. Stop living in a fairy tale

or just don't be incredibly pessimistic about your skill, realize that you're not the greatest and continue practicing

>opinion differs from mine so it must be a troll post

bet you're literally shaking right now

Practicing is just perservering in failure .

He's triggered af

Oh look, it's another "I learned how to play My Girls on acoustic guitar so now I'm an authority on music" thread