Why there are so few female producers?

Why there are so few female producers?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=fi2N5KHgO80
youtube.com/watch?v=S0qrinhNnOM
twitter.com/AnonBabble

because they're not cute

theres plenty of them
but the media picks and chooses on who to promote. so you get stuck with naive people like grimes you bring no solutions to the "problem"

Notice on AA she brought in some random Asian rapper to appear on her album instead of somebody from Canada or even her new home in LA.

same shit different skin

Because they're not that talented.

no i'm pretty sure it's

>theres plenty of them
Name 10 of them (except Grimes, Bjork and Kate Bush).

>so you get stuck with naive people like grimes you bring no solutions to the "problem"
That's wrong: Grimes is actually awesome and she's a great example for other female artists that want to be producers. Being a female producer is a huge exception, not the rule. Being a female singer-songwriter-sound engineer-producer-visual artist-dancer-music video director (like Grimes) is really, really rare.

>Notice on AA she brought in some random Asian rapper to appear on her album instead of somebody from Canada or even her new home in LA.
But did you search why she did that? Let me tell you why: because she liked the music of that "random Asian rapper". I suggest you to watch this 6 min video: youtube.com/watch?v=fi2N5KHgO80

Because spending years learning about polar patterns and room acoustics and shit is largely more appealing to blokes, and even then only to a select few

>Notice on AA she brought in some random Asian rapper to appear on her album instead of somebody from Canada or even her new home in LA.

i don't get what you're saying here, is that meant to be a bad thing? i think scream is a pretty shitty song personally, but how does this support your larger point about there being lots of women in production

bump

as if you actually need to know the science of that stuff anyways

wondagurl
inga copeland
holly herndon
nina kraviz
Fatima Al Qadiri
laurel halo
tokimonsta
Karin Elisabeth Dreijer Andersson(fever ray)
mica levi
throwing shade

They're actually the same thing. Media is only gonna promote the qts

I've heard of most of them. It doesn't change the fact there are few female producers.

blame society and the media

it's about talent. only qts have all the talent

cuz music is hard

because it's people shoul'dnt listen to women lol

if i see another fucking grimes thread....

thanks for the bump

Because when you're a women, you get everything in life given to you. You live life on easy mode, and thus don't feel the desire to create something new as deep down you already know that you're just a talentless hack who's only use is a gaping wet hole between your legs.

competition. every thing is a competition

>ATTRACTIVE WOMEN HAVING AN EASIER TIME GETTING SEX WHEN THEY WANT IT IS THE *REAL* SEXISM!!!!
we all weep for you and the unfathomable difficulties of your life as a guy who doesnt do lots of sex on girls

because i wanna ragequit my life

Plus, women aren't good creators because they have a evolved to be "safe", to be submissive to the most dominant group in society. This works because one many can impregnate an infinite number of women, while one women can only be impregnated by one man. If a man isn't the most dominant in society, he is forced to innovate and think outside the box, something which is essential in creating music. Going against the grain is simply not possible for women. However. there are autistic women who can create new material, e.g grimes, etc.

I didn't even mention sex you dumb cunt. When have you ever seen a female garbage truck driver? A male gold digger? A female inventor? jfc I'm not even trying to be "le edgy meme" It's just biology.

Also, how typical of you to make this about sex. It's literally the only power you have over men.

>I'm not even trying to be "le edgy meme"
and yet it's exactly how everything you say comes across
>the only power you have over men
i am a man dumbfuck

Because broads don't even know that's a thing and producers don't get attention the same way the performer does. You can't be this retarded, you must be a woman, i bet you believe in the wage gap too, like a proper idiot.

yes, your clearly the authority on stupidity with your epic hillary maymays

there's some female vaporwave producers

>thinking she's a good producer while admitting she can't mix for shit

LMAOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

And you're pro Hillary?
HAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAAAHAHHAHAHAHAHHA

You stupid fuck, mixing =/= producing. These are 2 separate jobs. Do your homework, idiot.

well i'm canadian so i didnt really have a horse in the race either way, but i was hoping bernie would get the nomination. what about you, is your schadenfreude-boner still going strong for president slogan?

mixing is still an essential part of producing. If you can't mix you're probably autistic.

self fulfilling prophecy

women are usually just the soulless face of mainstream music. girls grow up wanting to be seen or heard, not to create or write

>that's probably why they wont go to the prom with me

producers don't get credit for their work
women want credit for their work

Nobody besides Sup Forums cares about fucking grimes.
pic related straight from a pitchfork writer
AA was the most forgettable praised album of 2015

Idk but as soon as I see grimes' face I want to fucking kill myself

holy shit she's so fucking bad

women need to be needed. they're contradicted by their lack of biological need to prove themselves and will write songs about it

i swear to god the "grimes is ugly" meme is just a meme. even if you felt that way you would still pity-date her

>being a white knight on a image board..

cmon man, just because your crush would rather date some guy who listens to edm than you doesn't mean you have ignore facts.

you call that a date?

yes, I'M the one in this thread hung up on women and sex. definitely me and not any of the other people who keep saying very smart and insightful things on the subject like these people

>producers don't get credit for their work
what are you talking about

>producers don't get credit for their work

they get paid/

>even if you felt that way you would still pity-date her
absolutley not, her personality is fucking horrible

memes confirmed

nice projecting m8.

you can't be a producer of any merit if you need someone to do your mix, you absolute fuckwit

otherwise you're just another bedroom hack (like Grimes)

Sup Forums is literally the only place with grimeshate

It's not. Mixing is a separate job done by specialized people. Look at the credits of any album you want and see if the producer is the same as the mixer most of the time.

Do your fucking homework, idiots. If you're ignorant at least don't brag about it.

THIS. Everywhere else she's really appreciated. Why?

Just another reason why RAPers are talentless hacks. You can't be a good producer if you have no idea how to balance volumes.

it's always best to know what words mean before you try and use them

>implying Holly Herndon isn't best producer

>AA was the most forgettable praised album of 2015
The most discussed album in 2016 is the most forgettable? This is some shitty bait, bro. This album was mentioned even more than most classic albums. Search the archive if you don't believe me.

>posting Kanye production team

You basically proved my point you fucking tard.....Kanye is the biggest hack out there and always needs 30 producers on every album.

A real producer makes his own shit and MAYBE gets the mastering outsourced.

>Nobody besides Sup Forums cares about fucking grimes.
Absolutely false. Read the music press, everything about her (even small things) is mentioned in the news sections. See how many followers she has on social media and how many views her videos have.

i'm gonna be honest i thought it was intentional .

And the male ones are?

Filter her threads, madman.

>Mixing is a separate job done by specialized people

If we're talking "electronic producer" here, mixing is about 40% of your job. If you farm out your mixing, you're not a fucking producer. Full stop.

>strawman
I picked a random album, you stupid autists. Pick any other one if you're allergic to Kanye. My point is valid, like it or not.

didn't she complain about being immediately compared to other female artists like Bjork since it's apparently sexist to be a gril?

if they're producing for female artist then they probably find security with their appearance

Stop talking out of your ass. You could do a temporary mixing (like Grimes did) but the FINAL mixing is done by people with great ears for subtleties. Mixing is more about having good ears and requires different skills than producing. I repeat: these are 2 separate jobs, you goddamn plebs.

>I picked a random album, you stupid autists. Pick any other one if you're allergic to Kanye. My point is valid, like it or not.

>posting from wiki pages written by the band/artist themselves

yeah nice source m8, all these fuckers like to call themselves producers nowadays

>i hate it when people compare me to bjork. not because i dont completely love bjork and think she is a fucking badass, but because it just seems like lazy journalism. i.e. any female artist who makes even remotely experimental music is constantly compared to bjork by journalists who completely ignore the legacy of every other experimental female musician who isn’t bjork. also good luck ever being likened to a male musican. the media seems to think that you can only be similar to musicians who have the same sex organs as you. i actually dont really see the point in comparing artists all the time.. but whatever… such is the state of journalism.

>any way, i took this test and even this test says i am bjork, which i guess is the answer i would have wanted, altho kim gordon is rly cool and her appearance on girls was very good. james got kim gordon tho so at least someone in this household is representing her in this random buzzfeed test that seems to be very popular today

tame impala got more views for their video which came out later

like i said only on Sup Forums outside of tht nobody cares

>posting from wiki pages written by the band/artist themselves
How delusional could you be? These were written by other people (fans, maybe?) and they're based on sources. Buy the fucking album and check the booklet, you paranoid autist.

do some reading bud. Kevin parker collaborates with a lot of artists in a production role.

>outside of tht nobody cares
Be my guest: google.com/search?q="art angels"&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8&gws_rd=cr&ei=5WBTWN_GOMr7aP3eiPgL#q="art angels"&tbs=qdr:y

why is Sup Forums the only place that cares about grimes

solange got aoty from pitchfork
seems like the media has chosen the true female patrician of the music world. not grimes

>experimental music

did Grimes just claim to be experimental??

looooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooool

didn't a male producers demand favors for producing her songs? idk though i don't think anyone cared to remember

>google.com/search?q="art angels"&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8&gws_rd=cr&ei=5WBTWN_GOMr7aP3eiPgL#q="art angels"&tbs=qdr:y
everything from that is just letting ppl know about her music videos lmao

you plens dont even know

devin from diiv said that was a lie. nobody finds her sexual attractive

>Caring about what a P4k writer says, just because they write for P4k right now
user, this Zoe Camp who you insist on mentioning didn't even write the thing to which you are referring.

wow you're good, even got reliable sauces on it

>didn't a male producers demand favors for producing her songs?

No, but she tried to imply that just because they dared to indulge in everyday chit chat (not related to music) in the studio.

I MEAN HOW FUCKING DARE THEY!

she agreed with the statement and grimes fans love to say shes acclaimed by critics

face it besides Sup Forums nobody cares about her.

If you don't know how to mix you're a talentless hack.

are you actually retarded? grimes has become the single most forced thing on here. how is the general public going to show respect when it's not given to them first? it's just demanded out of them. you're actually kind of retarded

And even here, something like 85% of it is completely disingenuous.

that's almost contrarian as your inaction to kill yourself, almost

yeah keep supporting an artist who gets btfo by beyonce's sister

classic grimesfan resorting to personal attacks to make up for an lack of argument sad!

post something you mixed then

This was literally /thread
Expecting these threads to do anything except descend into a pathetic insecurity-fueled misogynyfest is a huge fuckin mistake

see

>she agreed with the statement
Except she didn't. She answered a question while pointedly NOT addressing the way it was phrased.

le sad xdd

what does that have to do with asking you to prove you're not just farting into the void about mixing? post something you mixed if you're so good at it lol
it's pretty funny how many trump fangirls are aping his mannerisms lately

Sup Forums has the most immediate/current attention towards affairs but that's not accomplishing anything in the slightest

guy you're boring

here u goyoutube.com/watch?v=S0qrinhNnOM
its aoty also

>solange got aoty from pitchfork
Art Angels features an explicitly described hate track to Pitchfork. It was never gonna make their album of the year - no matter how good they actually thought it was.

i'll try to sleep tonight with this crushing realization hanging over my head
what a surprise, nothing to back up your idiocy

>she agreed with the statement
see

explain why every other mag has solange higher than grimes was?
(You)