Ask a guy who's job it is to fly around in helicopters anything

Ask a guy who's job it is to fly around in helicopters anything

Other urls found in this thread:

upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/9/95/Bits_&_Pieces_-_BP374_-_Test_flight_of_Pescara's_helicopter_-_1922_-_EYE_FLM7760_-_OB105716.ogv
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

have you ever crashed a boat

How much golf balls can you fit in the Padirac Cave?

- Are you a yellow angel?
- Are you with CIA ?

What is your job?

What's the sociological influence of potatoe on Ireland history?

Do you ever deliver?

Never, but I knew of two guys who crashed their dads boat before he wanted to retire... They made a business after that tho called prestige world wide

At least 1000x more than I can fit in my as whole

Neither my man
I R Marin mos Spayship Douregunner

What is your favorite furniture ?

What is the science behind thermodynamics?

Current levels of potatoes indicate that soon Ireland will be the worlds largest distributor and manufacturer of vodka. To surpass Russia in coming years

As OP I'm clearly delivering right now, but I've only occasionally delivered people

Do helicopters go "PTPTPTPTPTPTPTPTPT" or"FRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR"?
Also, i keep getting this rash in my bum, what is it?

>I R Marin mos Spayship Douregunner
what?
are you an American?

kill any mudslime?

Time Stamp?

Futon
Hot things have their energy repurposed
My helicoptersounds like "VSHHHHHHHHSHSHSHSHSHSHSHSHSH"

ALSO about the rash allow the effected area to breath, and stop reusing your maxipads you sick fuck

Yup
Nope

Well it's not really my field, man, all I know is that the fundamental concepts of heat capacity and latent heat, which were necessary for the development of thermodynamics, were developed by Professor Joseph Black at the University of Glasgow, where James Watt was employed as an instrument maker. Black and Watt performed experiments together, but it was Watt who conceived the idea of the external condenser which resulted in a large increase in steam engine efficiency. Drawing on all the previous work led Sadi Carnot, the "father of thermodynamics", to publish Reflections on the Motive Power of Fire, a discourse on heat, power, energy and engine efficiency. The paper outlined the basic energetic relations between the Carnot engine, the Carnot cycle, and motive power. It marked the start of thermodynamics as a modern science.

How does auto rotation work?

What's your job?

Hope this works

Spinny fan on top uses its momentum and its quickly repositioned controls to soften the blow to the deck. In a nutshell

6173 Google breh

>Is too retarded to understand timestamps
>Pilots helicopters
>America
Never felt so proud.

And you must be the pilot of the trap-train honk honk

How in the fuck is this a timestamp?

Sorry

What bird do you fly in?

Ch53e

When you fly toward the beautiful sunset do you reflect on your life and consider you might be gay

have you ever fucked a helicopter

if yes, do you have a favorite helicopter, one that can satisfy you in ways that the other helicopters cannot?

Without a doubt I feel a phantom dick in my ass whenever I fly into the sunset. I usually request that we fly into the sunset often, so I'm a fag

In reality, flying towards the sun is terrible, your visibility is fucked because you've got this retina-frying star in your face
Nope, but I've also never fucked a helicopter up so that's good

How hard is it to prepare the take off?

How does it feel to get undeserved pay and prestige for being a glorified vehicle operator'? Your job is to literally aim the vehicle places and go there. I know secretaries with more professional decisions to make than you.

Edge, it's harder than you think

Ch53 engine mech here

not an argument

Chek'd

I know secretaries who can fly all sorts of helicopters

You're a Super Stalion Gunner?

Hurt sure professional decisions you fucking cuck. He gets benefits and paid to fly in the air. A lot more fun than being a secretary who makes "professional decisions". You fucking queer

1...will you get to fly the ch53k?
2...what do you think of the osprey

How long did you go to school for to do this? Job Title?

Do you sometimes take civil passengers?

i like my helicopters, like i like my women, with tight cockpits.

Your feelings are hurt because you know it's true. Pilots are like children that have jobs with no real responsibility, except for trying not to crash. In fact, most shit practically flies itself now.

I've manually flown a quadcopter, which is difficult, and then I've pressed the hover in place button. EASY MODE. Helicopter pilots can't manually override anything.. it's all done by the system. you just aim and go.

Have you ever thought about flying planes?

Is this the place with the best view?

Why should anyone trust you to pilot a chopper when you can't rotate a fucking image correctly?

Well after you finish Secretary School, you still have 6 months of theory and 6 months of practice.

You have no idea what you are talking about. Just because you flew some shitting quad copter from Walmart does not mean you understand anything about aviation. Kill yourself

The mechanics are all the same. If not, tell me what's different.

Not even a good troll. As a maintainer who worked AF Nam era 53s (a couple had repaired damage from the Mayaguez rescue operation) I shall respond to your dumbfuckery.

Operating such a complex rotary winged flying fossil requires not only a shitload of systems knowledge, but constant practice because it is very much a physical skill. He must be able not only to fly that moving van-sized beast but do so under a wide variety of often difficult conditions including carrier takeoffs and landings with little room for error. He must be able to adapt when an ancient system shits the bed. That makes each flight a continuous process of vital decisions.

What "secretaries" make more important decisions since you assert some do?

4 tiny little motors made in bum fuck China, are similar to a 24.3 million dollar helicopter? You are acting like every tiny moved is already planned out by a computer. That is not how it works bud

XD NEWFAG DETECTED

So you didn't explain specifically what was different. You simply reiterated it was different with a rare, cherry picked case of flying some outdated shit in specific conditions.

I asked what was different. Your answer: the price. How stupid are you? Really.. answer that.

The flight control systems are not all the same and therein lies a lot of difference.

E models aren't some pussy fly-by-wire helo. They are early 1970s technology. They have stability augmentation but it's relatively primitive hence the term "limited authority".

I've always wanted to be a pilot, but then my senior year math teacher fucked me bad.
So I switched to literature.

There is only ONE main rotor, which creates lift. A quad copter has FOUR. Two there is a tail rotor which stops it from spinning and is used to change directions. There is only ONE motor. Not FOUR shitty motors. It takes FUEL not a fucking battery

Do you have a job?

Do you know >tfw no gf ?

How many ragheads have you dropped out of your chopper at 300'?

>E models aren't some pussy fly-by-wire helo
Oh.. okay.. s..so they write the code harder?

Of course aviation software is aircraft dependent. No shit. There's differences in the amount of propellers, their lift capacity, etc. But at the heart of it, they take care of the manual stabilization so the pilot doesn't have to. The physics are all the same, micro and macro.

You're essentially flying a quadcopter. The only difference is, it's way more important you don't crash.

How's the "iceman" doing? Is he still paired up with "slider"?

In 1885, Thomas Edison was given US$1,000 by James Gordon Bennett, Jr., to conduct experiments towards developing flight. Edison built a helicopter and used the paper for a stock ticker to create guncotton, with which he attempted to power an internal combustion engine. The helicopter was damaged by explosions and one of his workers was badly burned. Edison reported that it would take a motor with a ratio of three to four pounds per horsepower produced to be successful, based on his experiments. Ján Bahýľ, a Slovak inventor, adapted the internal combustion engine to power his helicopter model that reached a height of 0.5 meters (1.6 ft) in 1901. On 5 May 1905, his helicopter reached four meters (13 ft) in altitude and flew for over 1,500 meters (4,900 ft). In 1908, Edison patented his own design for a helicopter powered by a gasoline engine with box kites attached to a mast by cables for a rotor, but it never flew.

First flights
In 1906, two French brothers, Jacques and Louis Breguet, began experimenting with airfoils for helicopters. In 1907, those experiments resulted in the Gyroplane No.1, possibly as the earliest known example of a quadcopter. Although there is some uncertainty about the date, sometime between 14 August and 29 September 1907, the Gyroplane No. 1 lifted its pilot into the air about two feet (0.6 m) for a minute. The Gyroplane No. 1 proved to be extremely unsteady and required a man at each corner of the airframe to hold it steady. For this reason, the flights of the Gyroplane No. 1 are considered to be the first manned flight of a helicopter, but not a free or untethered flight.

kekd

A quad copter is essentially flying a helicopter, the helicopter was first

Pretty easy, there's a checklist that we follow

Did u chose heli over airplan or ... ?

Probably getting out before it hits the fleet.

Also fuck 22s they're garbage.

About 1.5 years, crew chief

Yeah, like VIP extractions but otherwise not really.

I want to get my license for them because I love to be in the air. Also to quarter own one isn't much especially for 1-2 hour trips.

Mechanics don't fly, I fly and mech

Currently yes, I know the feel. But I'm not butthurt about it

Also I'm in The back right now, sorry it took so long.

test flight, 1922, upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/9/95/Bits_&_Pieces_-_BP374_-_Test_flight_of_Pescara's_helicopter_-_1922_-_EYE_FLM7760_-_OB105716.ogv

>sorry it took so long
nah, for general OP standards it's not that bad

>Currently yes, I know the feel
well, you know what to do

Doing it my man

Not worried about a lack of pussy, just more missing the meaningful shit about a relationship from someone I don't have to babysit.