God's Not Dead

I know Sup Forums loved "God's Not Dead"

Anyone seen the sequel yet? It's still in theatres.

youtube.com/watch?v=VEQ8KAKO2BY

The sequel is even better.

God is on trial now? When will atheists stop?!

>protestants

Technically he won the debate in the first movie. You can't prove God isn't real.

What?

>catlicks
That's so 2015 hun. Sup Forums is Lutheran now

I think the pope kissing the feet of rapefugees really sealed Catholicism's fate.

You'll notice atheists are like transpeople in that they kill themselves a lot because they have mental issues.

You don't have to, since he doesn't exist

I have an invisible dragon in my garage.

Since there is no way to disprove this, believing this is indeed true is by no means a "weird" thing.

Saying that people who don't believe I have an invisible dragon in my garage will be tortured forever after they die is a perfectly normal and sane thing.

Source?

The bible proves God exists. Moses received guidance from Him.

Show me a book about your invisible dragon :)

What source do you have that every other god doesn't exist?

REKT

What source? I don't need source. God doesn't exist

The burden of proof relies on people who made the claim that god exists, if they can't prove it, then they can shut the fuck up.

I'm not the one who needs to prove anything

Why are you moving the goalposts?

Logical inconsistencies. Conviction
I don't care about what other people think

The burden of proof relies on people speaking of faith? Do you realize how dumb you sound?

How is it moving the goalposts when it's asking the same exact question?

>The burden of proof relies on people who made the claim
YOU claim he doesn't exist.
"I believe in God" is a factual statement not a claim

Here you go.

No believe or burn.

So you both agree that god doesn't exist rationally speaking then? Okthxbye

Are you unable to answer his question without dancing around?

The burden of truth is on the person making the claim. If someone is saying "God exists" then it's up to them to prove it.

>Logical inconsistencies

hahahahahaha

I accept your concession :)

How the fuck is it dancing around? If God exists then so should Zeus and Atlantis and Gozer.

>its a comfy ironic shitposting thread about a dumb movie turns into r*dditors debating the existence of god episode

>The burden of truth is on the person making the claim
Which in this case is you. I say I believe in God. You say He doesn't exist. Prove it.

god creationists are so fucking dumb

>atheist logical skills

>creationist talking about logic

YOUR DAILY REMINDER THAT THERE IS NO FAITH IN THE PRESENCE OF PROOF
the bible says you can't prove god exists cause to show him real is to destroy faith, and this whole operation doesn't work if people are acting of their own will.
>jesus has plot armor

I don't believe God exists. I win :^)

>I say I believe in God

As in you claim he is real. Something you can't prove. The burden of proof is on you.

Why do athdittors lose literally every debate on here? I'm not atheist but if you know your talking points it shouldn't be THAT hard to get a draw

God are you stupid. I'm fine with you not believing in him. Not everybody designs his life around holding the popular opinion and getting all the upvotes

Where do atheists lose in this thread?

Agnostic masterrace

Because this is an insanely retarded debate. It's not even a debate. You can't prove that God is real, period.

Things that can and should be debated are the consequences of religion on human life, and how it influences us to the better or worse.

I may not be a christian, and believe in God, but I validity in the existence of religion.

See: Logical fallacies and weak bait nobody takes is all

What is freely asserted is freely deserted.

>God are you stupid

That's sacrilege. Enjoy burning in hell while suffering for all eternity.

>logical fallacies

What logical fallacy?

But they didn't lose....

I'm a Catholic and they are correct. At most it's a draw. God can't be proven or disproven.

>saying "I believe in God" is a claim
>If God exists then so should Zeus and Atlantis and Gozer

Origen wasn't exactly the most orthodox of the Church Fathers.

Not really. We've had dozens of awful popes. Pray for the pope!

I love you Mary

Yeah, what's wrong with those two statements?

>I'm a Catholic and they are correct
Right

>777
God's tips

>I know Sup Forums loved "God's Not Dead"
I did, for same reasons I loved the Room. GND is so bad it's good.

>Anyone seen the sequel yet? It's still in theatres.
I'm waiting for it to come out on DVD.

They are correct in that if someone makes a claim, the burden of proof is on the person making said claim.

If I said I was a qt 3.14 it'd be on me to prove so with a time stamped picture.

>Logical fallacies
>"God is real!"
>"Prove it"
>"I can't. Now try proving he isn't real, atheists!"

Discussing whether or not God is real is the dumbest fucking thing possible.
Christians will always lose because the entire point of god's existence is that you have to believe in him with blind faith. You can't prove that he is real, you just have to have faith.

You can't prove that God is real, thus Atheists always win this discussion, because if you could that he is real, the entire basis of "faith" would be meaningless.

That they are wrong
I know this will result in a shit fling contest where you pretend you don't see how retarded those statements were so I'll use my replies for some comfy Mary posting

>>saying "I believe in God" is a claim
If you say you believe in god you're claiming he exists, i don't know how you could not understand that.
>If God exists then so should Zeus and Atlantis and Gozer
Why not? Explain the error that has been made here.

>I'm a Catholic and they are correct. At most it's a draw. God can't be proven or disproven.

It's Catholic dogma that God's existence can be known by natural human reason alone. There are some things that can only be known by faith (God became Incarnate in the womb of the Blessed Virgin Mary), and faith in God's existence gives a clearer knowledge than natural reason can provide; but some things about God can be known by reason alone (e.g. His existence). Look at Aristotle for example.
This was infallibly defined and the First Vatican Council in the 1800s, and it is based on St. Paul's statement that the Creator can clearly be seen through His creation, so that those who do not believe in the Creator are without excuse.

Why are they wrong?

I'm a Muslim and all you infidels are burning in hell.

Saying I believe in God is still not a claim
Saying God isn't real is one. That's so obvious I don't even know how you can be so dumb to pretend not to see this. Look up the word claim. Also nobody falls for your "I'm a christian" crap ever. It's time to let go

I like how you changed the statements completely around cause you know you're wrong

Why would billions of people worship Him if he didn't exist? Billions of people can't be just 'wrong', you know?

The first movie is just the atheist professor copypasta. What other copypastas should be made into movies?

Yeah the worlds flat you fucking retard, wait you think its ROUND? HAHAHAHA holy shit everyone knows its flat!

>Why not? Explain the error that has been made here.
There is no connection between the two. And claiming there is just goes to show that atheists lost on every sane arguing point which is why they have to retort to plain shitposting

>If you say you believe in god you're claiming he exists
No I'm just saying I believe he does. I'm not trying to convince you YOU (or someone) CLAIMED he doesn't.

Except Muhammad is clearly a false prophet m8
there were no preceding prophets that announced his coming, he contradicted those who came before him, he performed no miracles, he was not eminently holy and he spread his doctrine by force

So how does the popular acceptation of an idea confirms its validity?

Why are atheists vs believers the best off topic threads on Sup Forums?

Yeah. It is a claim. Otherwise you'd be saying I believe in something that isn't real and there's no debate about that. It would just mean your crazy or really fucking stupid. Anyway obvious troll is obvious. I look forward to your next nonsensical shitpost.

>Saying I believe in God is still not a claim
How is it that you're able to believe in something you have no opinion on the existence of?

>Saying I believe in God is still not a claim

Yes it is, are you fucking retarded? This isn't even a debate about semantics. By saying that you believe in god, you're making a claim about his existance. The burden of proof is on you. You have the debate skills of a 12 year old.

>777
Dem heavenly triples.

>American cinema

because it's atheists baiting other atheists by pretending to be christians.

The man who discovered the world wasn't flat believed in God, you know?

It's not one or two people, it's not even a small group of people. It's BILLIONS OF PEOPLE, for more than TWO THOUSAND YEARS, all across the globe. Is it coincidence that multiple tribes came to the realization that God exists at the same time, without even being connected to each other? Sure, He was interpreted in many different ways, He still is, but there's only one.

>Yeah. It is a claim. Otherwise you'd be saying I believe in something that isn't real and there's no debate about that
No it means I'm fine with you disagreeing

>Anyway obvious troll is obvious
Indeed

I have. How is it you can't admit that "God doesn't exist" is a claim and "I believe he does" is something completely different

"No."

Phlogiston

Ever since the dawn of time, man has worship things/objects/ideias.

You can't simply put all of that under a single umbrella and say "But it was our God all along :^)"

Not only that, but even if you could, general acceptance of memetic ideias is still not proof or even evidence for anything.

What if it's a Christian who is posing as an atheist who happens to be samefagging the thread by debating himself?

>It's not one or two people, it's not even a small group of people. It's BILLIONS OF PEOPLE, for more than TWO THOUSAND YEARS, all across the globe. Is it coincidence that multiple tribes came to the realization that God exists at the same time, without even being connected to each other? Sure, He was interpreted in many different ways, He still is, but there's only one.

You still didn't reply to my post.

>No it means I'm fine with you disagreeing
So you agree you believe in nonexistent bullshit then?

>You can't simply put all of that under a single umbrella and say "But it was our God all along :^)"

Except it WAS Him all along, since he's our creator, according to the Bible, which was written under His guidance. Do you think people just made up all the text that is in it during their free time?

>I'll shift the burden of proof because I can't prove that my magical invisible man exists.

>So you agree you believe in nonexistent bullshit then?
No

>Why are atheists vs believers the best off topic threads on reddit?

Why can't Sup Forums have a conversation about this movie without it turning into a religious debate?

Why do people who know the least about theology, philosophy and history want to debate about religion the most?

Come on guys, this movie was hilariously bad. When superman ran over the professor at the end and doesn't even acknowledge it, I lost it.

user, do you even know what the bible is, how it was written, and the texts that were in it were chosen?

You belong in a museum

People should be able to come and see what full blown, plain stupidity looks like

>GOD ISN'T REAL
>how so
>OMG HOW DARE YOU CLAIM HE IS REAL! I DONT NEED TO PROOVE SHIT I CAN STAY WILLFULLY IGNORANT WITHOUT ANY EVIDENCE YOU CREATIONIST TROLL
Is it really that hard for you to see who made the claim here?

If you want my arguments WHY I BELIEVE HE EXISTS I'm happy to give them but since they are no undeniable proof I'm not claiming I can proove he exists.

I dare you to explain the difference. If you can't you lose.

Not that guy but I'm genuinely curious to hear your reasons

I know I can't proove God. You claim God isn't real.
Asking why someone would or would not believe in God is a whole different debate than whether or not you can PROOVE God is real

It's all about faith, bro. He wants to test us, to see if we would believe Him even without proof. That's how you get to be by his side when the time comes.

Where's the merit when you acknowledge His existance after He shows up? You have to believe in Him with faith in order to get in heaven.

>Do you think people just made up all the text that is in it during their free time?

How do you think all the other religious books were made?

>GOD ISN'T REAL
>how so
>If you want my arguments WHY I BELIEVE HE EXISTS I'm happy to give them but since they are no undeniable proof I'm not claiming I can proove he exists.

Because there is no evidence that proves his existence, as you yourself has just posted..

Why would god exist in the first place? You do realize the universe doesn't need a god right?

Under the guidance of God. People don't just make up that much shit, user. They make up stories, etc, but not the Word of God.

>it's a thinly veiled Sup Forums "pretend christians vs atheists" thread episode

Yeah. You lost. That's barely even English.

The universe, life itself, is too complex to just sprout out of nothing. There had to be a designer. Lots of scientists accept this as truth.

Einstein, Arthur Compton, Schrodinger, Pascal, Galileo Galilei, Newton and many others believed in Him and they're much smarter than you or me.

The cosmological argument about the origin of matter.
The church's account about the life of Christ and the early church
The prophecies in the old testament
Conviction that Christian lifestyle is the best for mankind and that Jesus teachings come closest to what a loving God would want us to do
Personal revelation (as in God answered my prayer) [I know I can't proove this so feel free to dismiss it]

>e wants to test us, to see if we would believe Him even without proof.
Why would he care about this?

If you're referring to any specific God whose credibility rests on a holy, infallible Word, then it's pretty trivial to disprove, right at the first chapter and throughout. All of the history is wrong, the morals are common sense that exist all over the planet and plenty of material was added in revision.