How do we fix this shit?

How do we fix this shit?

How do we make it more competitive?

How do we allow more than 2 drivers to actually win the whole thing?

multicar

Run the F1 race concurrently with the GP2 race.
Sack drivers who think that blue flag rules mean they should be gifted entire sectors of clean air.

Stop using blue flags during the race

gravel traps.

>there are people in this world who think the drivers are better now than they were 15 years ago

First off, remove Mercedes' advantage by any means. I think the racing is alright, it's just marred by HAM ROS 1-2 every fucking weekend. Gimi battling with Mad Max today was pretty entertaining, imagine if it was for the lead.

Either wait for the Aeroscreen to be ready or have no cockpit protection at all. The halo would have saved neither Massa nor Bianchi. Aeroscreen wouldn't have saved Bianchi either but I don't think there's anything that could have.

Remove DRS and ERS. DRS is a gimmick, make the cars draft that well naturally (whether or not this is possible, I have no idea, I am not an aerodynamacist). ERS, sure hybrids are muh future and the technology is pretty sick (and managing it is pretty fun in the SF15-T in Assetto Corsa) but it's just too complicated. Like, I get F1 is all about being the pinnacle of automotive technology and it's really cool, but it's to the point where the car is intelligently switching ERS maps depending where it is on the track - isn't it a bit TOO ridiculous? I might get disagreement on this, but it's more like driving a computer than a CAR. Put more control back in the hands of the driver. And no, the bullshit radio ban is NOT the way to go about this. It's like the driver is just another part of the car.

So.

>2017 regulations as planned, but with the following changes - would look like pic related. Fap.

>Less controls, more driving. Brake bias, engine maps (power, mid, save), pit limiter, radio, display page, neutral, drink. Might be forgetting one or two, but it should be simple shit the driver can get his head around on his own without the team holding his hand and telling him what to do.

>Remove DRS and ERS. Natural drafting, natural power.

>Remove Tilke. I'm fucking serious, who actually likes places like Yas Marina and Sochi? Brands Hatch/Donington, Imola, Zandvoort, Laguna Seca/Mid Ohio/Virginia International Raceway, tracks like those are the shit. And like user said, more gravel traps.

Just my ideas.

just a couple obvious suggestions:
>no more DRS
>tires you can actually race on without them degrading almost instantaneously over 3-4 laps

basically encourage anything that allows the driver to be on the limit for extended periods of time without having to constantly manage every little thing (however, the ban on refueling can stay; cars heavily managing fuel in the last few laps desperately trying not to run out of gas is a drama i liked, e.g., Imola 1985)

Spec the series and reduce the total costs to create more competition.

Mandate packages the teams can choose, so they can have the advantage of their choice, like:
-more power but with less downforce, with 3 tire options
-less power, more downforce, 2 tire options
-midrange power, mid downforce, 3 tire options

Regardless, this series is straight up ass.

Remove offside

>Spec the series and reduce the total costs
this is completely antithetical to the very nature of F1, which has always positioned itself at the forefront of automotive technology. that engineering freedom should always be there. you can't fix F1 by destroying it.

>that engineering freedom should always be there. you can't fix F1 by destroying it.
Kinda broken by only three teams being able to pay to win it

that's pretty much how it's always been, at least since the late 70s

teams will enjoy 2-4 years of dominance until another team outdoes them, and it slowly ebbs and flows like that

those looking for close racing at the top every single race and every single year should look elsewhere

bring back Kubica

Kill Bernie Fagglestone

Who fucking cares besides morons?

Seriously?

The engines, aero, could all still be at the forefront of technology, but instead of a team or two having access to it, it could be shared.

using meme magic
every post you make on this board add

if dubles 2017 f1 season is good

this is why you watch GP2 and enjoy it as the KINO of racing, then watch your memefest mandrama-in-cars f1 afterwards

if dubles 2017 f1 season is good

Remove mercedes, imagine how exciting this season would have been if Mercedes wasn't there.

Can't be fixed - the game was always to see who had the most money, and Mercedes won.

And even if Mercedes disappeared today, the century where people cared about cars is over.

F1 will soon be as irrelevant to most people as horse racing.

New rule: you have to parallel park your car into a tight space in the pit lane before you can have your tyres changed. 2 second penalty for touching the bollards on either side when entering or exiting.

Standardize cars and make it about being the best driver

>all the teams having the best tech
costs would skyrocket even more than they have already

>F1
>ever a spec series
fuck off

Then F1 is now forever mwl

using the weight distribution system like in DTM

>implying
It used to be WilliamsWinsLOL, McLarenWinsLOL, FerrariWinsLOL, or RedBullWinsLOL

there are always cycles of dominance in F1

Use multiball

the current aerodynamics are just red tape, so yes they can be at "DRS" constantly

what is funny is that staying ~1 second behind someone is worse for you than ~2+ seconds

clean air is too much of an advantage on top of track position

Is split streaming a dream if you are not 0.3 seconds close?

>there are always cycles of dominance in F1

Not in the 70's.

That shit didn't start happening until the 80's.

>F1 will soon be as irrelevant to most people as horse racing.

Pretty much this.

The teams don't give a fuck about the drivers.
The fans obviously don't give a fuck about the drivers.

F1 is all about funding and engineering the equipment to eliminate the need for driver skill. Who needs better car control skills when you have more power, better braking, and better aero for cornering than the rest of the field?

Hell, soon enough, the driver is just going to get in the way.

F1 will indeed go the way of horse racing.

>fucking Renault dominating that much
You wouldn't guess from their standard road vehicles holy shit

F1 is geared towards old people with money.
They don't like many surprises and appreciate a black man having his way with withey.

It was all RB, their engine let them down so much.

>Rank drivers based on previous season's performance
>Have a draft at the start of the season

random fire 30 cm diameter steel sphere onto the track, 25 per race, no safety car

Force the manufacturers to share all their data so that smaller teams have a chance to build a competitive car.

Sell it to Apple.

1970: 7 different winners / 13 races
1971: 6 different winners / 11 races
1972: 5 different winners / 12 races
1973: 5 different winners / 15 races
1974: 7 different winners / 15 races
1975: 9 different winners / 14 races

The number of victories achieved from outside of pole, and the top 3, was also much higher.

People always make excuses about "reliability" or some other shit, but the bottom line is that the 70's era, and earlier, were actually RACES, and not the processions that we see today.

Money tends to ruin everything, and money ruined the fuck out of F1, turning it into the shit series it is today. However, it doesn't have to stay shit, and nor should it...

2 words:

Real life Mario Kart

>but the bottom line is that the 70's era, and earlier, were actually RACES, and not the processions that we see today.

Have you even seen the races though? I've downloaded the races and sorry but for the most part they are processions, with gaps much large between the cars than today, these rose tinted goggles are on way too tight. Before you go off on one, F1 is fucked right now but please don't even pretend like "the good old days" were magical and overtakes were happening all over the place and there were always fights for the lead between loads of drivers.

idk but I want qt's Raikkonen, Perez and Ricciardio to win :(

Most enthusiasts remember the 70s because of the numerous fatalities, not the racing. Even in late 90s to the early 2000s, a period that is considered F1's "zenith", overtaking mostly occurred in the pits and not on the track. The sport has been digging its grave for years now, and the process has only been expedited thanks to the current set of rules.

It's utterly hopeless now.

>Get rid of Monaco
>Unlimited upgrades and testing in season
>Change the money distribution scheme so every team has the same base amount then add bonuses for winning WCC and WDC then add a set amount per point accumulated.

Simple really.

>Have you even seen the races though?

Yes, I have, and they were better than the modern era.

that's actually a really good idea and could potentially save F1

>F1 in the 70's
>Interesting

No F1 was still a bit bush league back then. The 80's and early 90's are where F1 was at it's best.

>tfw you will never get a Mansell, Prost, Senna, Lauda, Piquet fight for the lead

Feels bad so abusive aero to cheer us up.f20

F1 is dead, just like football. Killed by people who love money above all else.

there, there m8. no need to spill your jimmies everywhere

F1 was never meant to ensure parity, stop trying to turn it into NASCAR

>muh passing

Watch something else you babby

Soccer fucking sucks but it's the racing equivalent to that; Strategies and developments unfold over race weekends and entire seasons. If you don't have patience for that find something else

Apply the 2017 lmp2 rules minus engine regulations to f1. 4 chassis, manufacturers still involved with the engines. Go back to the 2009-2013 v8 chassis and engine regulations.

Opens the door for many more privateer entry's,
in a much more competitive and cost effective way. We would also see drivers trying to qualify to make the grid.

>People actually watch F1

>Soccer fucking sucks but it's the racing equivalent to that;

WTF I hate F1 now.

autistic car building is not a sport

Remove Jews.

Kek, Ecclestone's mother-in-law was just kidnapped in Brazil.

Damn whos this brown Egyptian goddess?

finally, after all these years, the death of brazilian gp is near

I like Interlagos ;_;

>F1 was never meant to ensure parity

"B-but....It's not supposed to be competitive!"

you could start by putting this on where it belongs

and then you can change to superior touring car series and rally

>get rid of Monaco

leaf pls

>Red Bull
>Austrian flag

keks me everytime. Should be the British flag if anything. b-but muh license!

>be energy drink company
>decide to race in f1
>buy a shitty engine
>buy a crazy old aero engineer
>executives at energy drink HQ tell the team to dip the entire car in a vat of energy drink before every race
>their face when the madmen actually do it
>their face when it actually works