how does one escape alcohol addiction

Other urls found in this thread:

en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Valerian_(herb)
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Stop drinking it...

Find something else to be addicted to and hope it's a healthier one

By realizing it does not exist.

/thread

Suicide... I've been a alcoholic since I was 17... Ten years later I have yet to find something to make me out the bottle down

This

ive been in rehab twice this year for it... currently drunk... fucking sucks but its hard to find a reason to stop because i sort of dont really care about my life anymore

fucking pussy, drinking light beer isnt alcoholism

Get hooked on a real drug (the only real drug is heroin fyi, benzos count too in terms of dependency) and realize you have a pussy ass addiction and you were a dumb faggot to ever even begin to drink copious amounts of nasty ass shit liquid on the daily

>pic not related

Instead of wasting money on smokes, booze, and drugs, buy yourself a fuckdoll and go to town with it.

Pretty solid advice.

Find your triggers, and do something else when you get cravings.

Same way you get over any mental problem, find out what drives your bad behavior and fix it.

your fucking toes are disgusting

Might sound silly but find an alternative, running is usually a very good one. It calms you down similar to alcohol but with positive side effects instead of negative ones. Stay safe.

>not OP

Same way you stop drinking cokes whenever you feel thirsty or think "wow o really need a coke" just make some fucking kool-aid drink it until you're full.

Go running everyday consistently for 2 miles. After a month, make it 3 miles a day.
After the 2nd week you'll never touch alcohol again. Worked for me. And everyone I convinced.
Stop being a weak faggot seeking attention, booze makes you depressed.

This is the reason I have countless failed relationships

It's not the same

why are you holding icecream at beer? how dare you, you dirty foot you

They were just pics I saved from another thread of a different user
>not OP

Rawr x3 *nuzzles* how are you *pounces on you* you're so warm o3o *notices you have a bulge* o: someone's happy ;) *nuzzles your necky wecky~* murr~ hehehe *rubbies your bulgy wolgy* you're so big :oooo *rubbies more on your bulgy wolgy* it doesn't stop growing ·///· *kisses you and lickies your necky* daddy likies (; *nuzzles wuzzles* I hope daddy really likes $: *wiggles butt and squirms* I want to see your big daddy meat~ *wiggles butt* I have a little itch o3o *wags tail* can you please get my itch~ *puts paws on your chest* nyea~ its a seven inch itch *rubs your chest* can you help me pwease *squirms* pwetty pwease *sad face* I need to be punished *runs paws down your chest and bites lip* like I need to be punished really good~ *paws on your bulge as I lick my lips* I'm getting thirsty. I can go for some milk *unbuttons your pants as my eyes glow* you smell so musky :v *licks shaft* mmmm~ so musky *drools all over your cock* your daddy meat I like *fondles* Mr. Fuzzy Balls hehe *puts snout on balls and inhales deeply* oh god im so hard~ *licks balls* punish me daddy~ nyea~ *squirms more and wiggles butt* I love your musky goodness *bites lip* please punish me *licks lips* nyea~ *suckles on your tip* so good *licks pre of your cock* salty goodness~ *eyes role back and goes balls deep* mmmm~ *moans and suckles* o3o..

drink more

Place as many bottles of various alchohols up your anus as possible. Smash the bottles while inside your anus. You wont like alcohol any more.

This guy knows what hes talking about.

Alcoholic here for 14 years. Take three days off, and stick to it. Drink water, find something else to do, even if it's binge-watching Netflix. The first night's sleep sober will suck ass, bc you'll be in almost constant REM, and constantly waking up, and dreaming fucked up shit. Power through and take multivitamins, drink an assload of V8 and water, and watch for shaky hands. If you get shaky, GET TO A FUCKING HOSPITAL before you literally die of DT. Alcohol is the only drug that WILL kill you during withdrawals, besides insulin.

If you make it through the 2nd night, when you wake up the world will be amazing. So full color, smells, sounds, wonderful people. You'll feel amazing. Amazing that you finally beat it! And at the end of the day, you'll kick back, want *just* one rum and Coke (because hey, mixed drinks don't count, right?), and the next you know you're back to your old self, feeling like ass at noon the next day.

/Alcoholic who's 4 drinks in after 9 days sober, and just dumped the rest of my fifth down the sink and fighting the fuck out of.

Be strong Sup Forumsro.

Be poor

I hope I can have the willpower you had to dump that shit out. If I ever mess up once I immediately decide its fucked & go right back to normal

/thread
I stopped cold turkey. First week was shit , after that I never looked back

Drink more and don't waste time thinking about alcohol addiction.

Unless he finds something to do after the runner's high ebbs, he'll just celebrate a successful run with a nice cold beer...Then wake up having killed a 24 pack

Dumbfuck, learn to understand what pic unrelated means.

OP here. I realize it's a cringy / sappy thing to even post about it, I'm just too anxious to ever get real help because I play it off daily as the humorous 20 something just going through that phase. I appreciate the advice & wish luck to any going thru the same. & to everyone else, thanks for makin Sup Forums what it is fuckers

No he wont. He'll be feeling content most likely.
Thing is if you start your days doing stupid shit the chances are you will continue. And more importantly - vice versa.

It took a LOT of willpower. Stood at the sink for a good 10 minutes thinking "Maybe juuuust one more" and remembering wrecking my truck, then "But I'm not driving tonight" "You weren't supposed to be that night, but got the drunk munchies" "I have food I can nuke" "A few more and you'll put it on for 40 minutes instead of 4" "No I won't" "Look at the scars on your finger, where 'One more cigarette before passing out' turned into 3rd degree burns" "One more won't hurt" "That's what you've always said. But today, you got up at 6am without an alarm and fixed the brakes on the truck. You're finally healing".

And that's what did it. Seeing the sunrise for the first time in almost a decade.

You've obviously never been an addict. Replacing one doesn't negate the other.

I'm currently awake because I quit drinking 2 days ago..
I've been pounding the fuck out of la Croix and going to AA.. not sure if I can do it though, but it's good to know I have a support group.. and I don't have to drink today

Outstanding job.

That fucking negotiation sure isnt easy to master.
Its like "The house always wins".

Fuck you.

It's not sappy or cringy. We're assholes, but if you recognise you've got a problem, we're here to help mate. Unless you're a tranny, then you're just a faggot who needs a lobotomy and sterilisation

sober fag here - I went to NA. 5 years clean/sober.

Try St John's Wort.

I started taking it for depression. Helped a little bit.

Within 2 days though lost most interest in drinking.

Still drink occasionally but only small amount.

Google if you don't believe me. It's not proven to work in humans but there's animal evidence.

Haha not a tranny user, just wanted to bump with some ass. Much appreciated

LSD has been shown to help addiction. Also, im trying to replace my alcohol addiction with fitness

>replace my alcohol addiction with fitness
just a heads up, cross addiction doesn't resolve the underlying problems.

I wish I had known the answer when I tried to quit all the times previous to this. I finally did, but not on purpose? Its hard to explain. I literally just woke up one day and didn't want to drink, so I didn't. First few nights, all I had were the sweats. After a while I started feeling more fulfilled and driven to stay sober, like I felt like my life just turned around and I actually could be a mature adult. Spent a whole two days just cleaning my apartment and spending time with my dogs after neglecting them due to the alcohol. Started going to the gym in short bursts (30 mins - 1 hr) every other day, and then the pool right after to tan a bit. Started realizing being social wasn't as awful as I had thought it was that whole time.

Its been like three months. I have a drink night once a week, but the hangovers have been getting bad, so I'm most likely not even going to bother anymore.

Drank pretty much every day since my first drink on my 21st birthday. I'm about to turn 27.

Will power

I detoxed a few times. Delerium is the worse but it passes.

I only drink on fridays and sats now

Keep at it. It gets better. Try turning the a/c up before going to sleep. You're gonna start sweating everything out, and your core temp is gonna heat up as you start using up fat to start healing your liver. I lost 8 lbs the first 4 days after I stopped drinking, despite drinking gallons of water, because my body was used to getting thousands of calories in a couple hours. Now that my liver isn't 3x what it's supposed to be and pressing on my stomach and intestines, I'm constantly hungry.

so what would you have done differently, earlier on?

why don't you try quitting for a year?

You're not an addict, you're lucky

>Started at 15, now I'm 34

Because i like going out friday and sat to meet people and drink.

Everyone has some vice

Wow, never thought about that.. I was never hungry and would only ever eat when I got cranky from my blood sugar dropping.
Thanks man.

Not for me. I've always been an active guy, and when alcohol starts to hinder my athletic progress, itll go out the window. I have a need to be better than everyone else, and i'll do anything (except performance enhancing drugs) to get there

You know, I have no idea. I'm the last person to ever seriously say ''when it's meant to be, it will be'', but it seriously just does feel that way when I think about it.

Actually, now that I do think about it... lack of money was a huge motivation to stay drunk all the time. Looking back, my main excuses for hitting the bottle were ''I'm fucking broke- how am I going to pay for this?'', ''Holy shit I was an asshole/embarrassment last night. I'll just drink to forget.'', and ''Plans? Sure. Better get drunk so I can tolerate being social/so I seem like more fun to everyone else.''

I wasn't exactly in a better place financially when I did quit this time, so I'm not sure how that happened to where I just didn't feel the urge or desire to be drunk anymore. Money is still tight, but now that I'm sober I'm able to actually deal with the problem, instead of just forgetting about it that day.

I'm probably not helping you at all, so sorry.

Ah! That reminds me. I'm the user 9 days (mostly) dry. I haven't tried St. John's Wort, but my dad and sister used Valerian root extract capsules for panic attacks (and no, not SJW 'anxiety attacks', but the real ones, where you feel for a pulse and don't feel one in either wrist, nor neck, until you're about to black out and your brain goes "HOLY FUCK HEART WHAT ARE YOU DOING SLEEPING??!?" And hits you with enough adrenaline you go into fibrillation until your heart sorts itself out).

I've been taking Valerian since I stopped because the last time I tried, I ended up in the ER and the doc specifically asked how much I drank. Valerian root is a mild SSRI-inhibitor. Like licking benzos to keep the alcohol withdrawal juuuuuust slightly away

This. Fucking this.
Pic related OP

Yeah, that was what also did it for me. I'd get hungry halfway through work, could only eat a few bites, and be done until I drank again

Please explain your last part?

>costs
stop drinking, use the saved money on hookers or something else

en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Valerian_(herb)

Sorry, GABA, not SSRI. Some of the molecules alcohol and stress interferes with in your brain

see
&

Try weaning? Won't hit you as hard as cold turkey withdrawal (which can really fuck you up if you are severely addicted, even killing you). Swap the spirits for beer, and drink as little as possible to keep yourself from the more extreme withdrawal symptoms. You'll still have to put up with twitching, sweating and generally feeling on edge, but I'm talking about putting off seizures, hallucinations, etc. Taper your use down everyday until you're free, and then abstain for an extended period.

It's going to take willpower and self discipline. There is no easy fix for this, whatever strategy you take. So you really have to tell yourself no, and mean it with all your heart. Good luck

thank you user, its appreciated

You run in wide arcs, he'll either fall down or throw up.

Holy shit user
>be me
>around 4pm
>down 90mg vyvanse and 30 mg adderall xr
Ff
>fucking soaring high
>convince some stoner big ass bitch to try salvia with me
>hit up shady smoke shop for some 30x
>head back to my place and trip proof my room
>filled a fat bowl in a bubbler
>rip took 2 hits and off to fucking neverland
>ended up choosing to come back to reality when the wall asked me if I want back in to reality
>uhhhhhhh yea earth is pretty rad
>let's me back into reality 30 min have passed and the bitch is now on the floor in fetal position hysterically laughing
>like to the point I had to shake her ass so she would fucking breathe
> brain fried and body high like a strong indica for the next 45 minutes or what seemed like eternity
>go outside and just sit on the patio just staring at each other
Smokin a cig
>wtfjusthappened.jpeg
>a fucking wall let me back jnot reality
>she throws up and I take her home she had bad body reaction
>go home
>eat some food and clean house cuz stims
Now I sit here and have 75%of the bag left

Should I ?

A

Go to a group like anonymous alcoholics. Having people around you with the same problem can be a huge relieve. If your physical addiction is too strong you should go to an addiction clinic for the first few days of being sober. Alcohol withdrawal sucks ass. Having a psychologyst can also help.

there is a solution - it's called alcoholics anonymous - go to a meeting for god's sake

fyi you can die from alcohol withdrawal, so depending on how much you're drinking you may want to detox in a hospital or rehab place

are you asian?

Lolwut

I agree, but alcohol is hard in that way once you start feeling it you automaticly want more.

Temper down a bit, eat ALOT of healthy food.
buy some benzos and try to sleep for a few days. While watching TV or something.

What really kills is the lack of B1 vitamins, alcohol drains it from your body.

just asking...

Someone roll 69 or trips aND I'll smoke the whole bag on livestream
>know my luck
>RIP

No I'm a white cis male m8

Good luck, bro. I know how you feel.

do heroin more often

would if i could. im a midwest fag

>triggered

Got me rock hard

Bomb?

I was a lush for 20 years.
And I still managed to clean my FUCKING FEET TWICE A DAY NO MATTER WHAT....

I'm sober now, and still clean em.

I got sick and tired of the hang overs, sudden high pressure diarrhea in public, and not having any money.

I'm no addicted to saving money. I still don't own a car. Or do anything with my life. I won't spend it. Its my new addiction.

seriously read the thread, those arent my fucking feet

You just stop drinking if not you are mentaly weak.

&? nobody is mentally fit when it comes to everything. youre opinion is invalid,

>14 year old kid reporting in

>tfw this is also how you deal with depression, but I can't be fucked to do it
Cheers, man. Few people realize what you can accomplish with conviction and sheer willpower.

this

If you drink 10 bottles, it is. And that is usually the case.

True that...

Running is lame.

"i cant quit smoking" why?
"i cant quit drinking" why?
seriously what's stopping these faggots? xD
oh noo the addictionnnnnn lmao that's all in the head

hey did you get your geometry homework done bud? make sure mom gets your lunch packed ahead of time

You people should realize that one day your liver will be damaged and you will eventually die without a transplant. And that transplanted livers aren't a solution. You will get like 6 years out of it with no drinking. That is, if your body doesn't reject it.

Think about that when you drink a whole bottle of liquor in a night again.

>The first night's sleep sober will suck ass, bc you'll be in almost constant REM, and constantly waking up, and dreaming fucked up shit.
I have that when taking breaks from bud, generally coupled with intense sweating
Those dreams are fun as fuck though

True this.