Aussie delegation out of the Olympic Village

The Australian Mission Chief, Kitty Chiller, said in a note this Sunday (24) that no Australian athlete will enter the Olympic Village.

Accordingly to her, the complex next to the Olympic Park has several gas, plumbing and electricity problems.

The Australians were designed to stay at building 23, but they are prone to reallocate themselves in hotels around the Olympic Park. "For more than a week our staff has worked, for many hours, to leave our sector ready for the athletes on the Village, but there was no solution", said the note.

The village was officialy open this Sunday and has already installed a few delegations, including Brazil. Israel, Germany and Italy were the first ones to arrive.

www1.folha.uol.com.br/esporte/olimpiada-no-rio/2016/07/1794894-vila-nao-e-segura-nem-esta-pronta-diz-comite-australiano-atletas-do-pais-nao-vao-entrar-no-local.shtml

DIS GON BE GUD!

Other urls found in this thread:

mobile.abc.net.au/news/2016-07-25/australians--not-moving-into-rio-olympic-village-team-head-says/7656546
nytimes.com/2016/07/25/sports/olympics/rio-olympic-village-australia.html?_r=0
www1.folha.uol.com.br/esporte/olimpiada-no-rio/2016/07/1794955-nao-queremos-cangurus-queremos-encanadores-diz-australia-em-resposta-a-paes.shtml
g1.globo.com/rio-de-janeiro/olimpiadas/rio2016/noticia/2016/07/australianos-reprovam-vila-olimpica-e-vao-hotel-fotos-mostram-defeitos.html?utm_source=facebook&utm_medium=social&utm_campaign=g1
youtube.com/watch?v=bpPR4RBRr1o
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Fuck you Brazil, you're going to ruin my comfy Olympics experience and it only comes once ever 4 years.

Holy shit, this is going to be such a disaster, lel

#SomosUmRio

THANK YOU DUDU PAES!

Aussies are already on pooicide watch

why don't they just move into the building they assigned the russians? not like they need to use them anymore

HOLY SHIT ROOS ON SUICIDE WATCH

please be real

proper plumbing would probably be enough

kitty chiller is an absolute cunt

B A N T Z
A
N
T
Z

HAHAHAHA

And I thought that Aussies weren't such soft cunts

This is what happens when you allow subhuman monkeys to host such a major event.

what a bunch of pussy faggots

btfo

this is what happens when you make a woman chef de mission

can't go two days without trying to get herself in another headline

mobile.abc.net.au/news/2016-07-25/australians--not-moving-into-rio-olympic-village-team-head-says/7656546

Seems like there are some legit problems.

>The Australian team will not move into the Olympic Village for next month's Rio Games because of problems including "blocked toilets, leaking pipes and exposed wiring", delegation head Kitty Chiller has said.
>"The system failed. Water came down walls, there was a strong smell of gas in some apartments and there was 'shorting' in the electrical wiring."

why don't they just move into a favela, can't be worse than this

Believe it or not, those are common issues with the new government buildings. Finding a decent mason in Brazil is almost impossible, most are either straight out criminals or unskilled trash. I doubt the government even bothers checking them out, they probably keep them in line with high pay and the stupidity of cheating the state.

I went to visit an old customer at his house (built by the gov), and those problem were pretty common all around the building. I actually took a shit once and the turd came right back through the floor drain. He said it's normal.

Oh we believe that, we knew that from the beginning, which is why you guys should have never been awarded the Olympics. Your country does not have the infrastructure nor the skiled labor force necessary for such an event. Massive corruption and zero government oversight or regulation.

Brazil was picked BECAUSE of the corruption, not despite it.

>Clinton Foundation and Qutar World Cup

No wonder elite athletes opt out of them.

Knowing the dude, of course it's real... He said worse things for people from his own city, why wouldn't he shitpost an Aussie?!

>Salt Lake City 2002

Reports are saying that the US, Italy and Netherlands delegations hired people to fix the problems in their villas.

We all know the IOC is corrupt and takes bribes and awards it to the city that bribes the most. The issue is that they took bribes from Rio knowing full well they were incapable of actually hosting the event. I don't care if you need to bribe to win a bid, but they shouldn't accept bribes from cities that don't meet the requirements for hosting, and are incapable of actually getting everything ready in time for the event. Everyone knew from the beginning Rio would be a huge failure, but they did it anyway. They could have at least taken a somewhat smaller bribe from a city that actually met bare minimum requirements.

Rio never disappoints me, dis gon be fun

This

That's why they pick these Third World loser countries to host these things. They want places with no existing infrastructure, so it all has to be built, which gives plenty of space for kickbacks, graft, skimming off the top, pay to play shit, etc...

That's why the Los Angeles 2024 bid is screwed. It's almost entirely based on re-using and renovating existing facilities. Hell, I think I read that the Olympic Village is just going to be USC dorm rooms, since the kids will be home for the summer

>electrical shorts
>strong smell of gas

EXCELLENT combination tbqh family. So which team is going to blow up in the night first?

Israel, I hope...

Is that an electric showerhead?

They might end up deciding to go with these "budget" hosts for the next few Olympics to try and counter the toxic reputation they've built. Calgary is looking at possibly bidding for the next Winter Olympics, they'd be reusing a lot of their existing infastructure too.

SHHHHHIIII

After spending billions of dollars on this, I can't believe that people wanted Rousseff gone

Rio mayor is from PMDB, party who organized the Coup against Rousseff. In other worlds, the coup is related with problems with organization of Olympics.

Basicly who is against Rousseff is right-wing and middle class from southeastern and southern states. Private mass media (die hard right-wing ameriboos) here did and does massive campaign against Rousseff.

Whiny soft first worlders, nothing new. There's nothing wrong, that's why only the aussies are bitching. Nobody here wants or care about this whole olympics shit, if you want a five star hotel go to a five star hotel.

>wanting basic utilities to work and the bare minimum of building safety to be implemented is whiny and soft

guess if you've lived in a favela for so long you don't know what the basic level of living conditions should be

I don't give a shit, just don't spend more money on this shit. The athletes can live in the favela for all i care.

This is why you don't allow third world shitholes to host important events

>reusing infrastructure

Running water and electricity apparently now count toward that now too, family.

Exposed wiring does not mix with gas leaks and dripping out of walls, you goddamned idiot

How the fuck has the Christ the Redeemer statue lasted this long? Is it made out of old newspapers and bubblegum?

>be Olympian
>go to village
>go into room
>strange gas smell
>wiring is exposed
>suddenly things start leaking
>all over the wires
>BOOOOM

Good luck to your sportfus

Do they even have five star hotels in Brazil?

Legit five star, not "five star by Brazilian standards"

Yeah what a load of horseshit.. can guarantee if Australia hosted again we would be providing first class accom and stadiums. Fucking corrupt ioc can get fucked I'm not watching it.

>the city of Maricáustralia

>Islamic terrorists plan to bomb the Olympic village
>the village beats them to the punch

Get fucked. Nobody here wants this olympics, we don't really care if you find it bad or whatever.

Only coxinhas

If my waifu dies due to your shitty third world buildings I will yell at you over the internet.

There's no waifus, this is the summer olympics, not winter olympics.

Wouldn't make a difference whether it were Dilma, Temer or a monkey as president. Nothing gets done in Brazil without the usual amount of people x50 taking their piece on top of it.

>this angry monkey doing damage control

>w-w-we don't care! Stop laughing at us!

I'm not angry and we don't really care, we want to get this shit over as fast as possible. Brazil is in economic recession, we should not be spending money pampering first worlders.

COUP? Stop spilling shit online you idiot, there is no coup. Fagboy

CHORA MAIS LIXO! CHORA MAIS QUE TA POUCO! BOLSONARO2018

>pampering
>toxic living conditions

There's a hue on Sup Forums that keeps shilling saying the Olympics will be fine, there's nothing wrong with Brazil, the media are blowing it out of proportion.

It seems the country is literally a hellhole. And Rio is supposedly one of the nicer areas.

>not wanting to die from electric shock when you step into the shower is pampering

m8

Everyone on your post is probably true except "Rio is supposedly one of the nicer areas"
No it's not, it's generally regarded as one of the worst areas.

>Sup Forums
you have to go back

nothing will happen faggot

>Riot de Janeiro

nytimes.com/2016/07/25/sports/olympics/rio-olympic-village-australia.html?_r=0

>Among the issues with housing units at the village are “blocked toilets, leaking pipes and exposed wiring,” said Kitty Chiller, a former Olympic pentathlete whose title is chef de mission in Rio de Janeiro for the Australian Olympic Committee. There is also bad lighting in many stairwells and “dirty floors in need of a massive clean,” she said in a written statement.

>“Water has come through the ceiling resulting in large puddles on the floor around cabling and wiring,” Ms. Chiller said.

>On Saturday night, Australian officials said they had tried to conduct a “stress test” to determine whether the facilities were ready for their athletes. They turned on lights and flushed toilets in apartments on several floors. “The system failed,” Ms. Chiller said. “Water came down walls, there was a strong smell of gas in some apartments and there was shorting in the electrical wiring.”

>Spend all day competing in raw sewage and Zika
>Come back home to sewage leaking onto the exposed wiring in your hotel

kek

send them to a slum and broadcast it on live television.

it'd be more entertaining than anything at the olympics.

what does south america contribute to the world besides coffee and cocaine?

messi

qt grills

Can't they just rent and ship down thousands of RVs and trailers for them to stay in?

People talking on how chaotic and violent would be a World Cup in Brazil and nothing too serious has happened. Olympics shall be more of same.

From Mike Tancredi, after Rio's mayor declarations

>We don't need kangroos. We need plumbers to fix the lakes in our living rooms.

www1.folha.uol.com.br/esporte/olimpiada-no-rio/2016/07/1794955-nao-queremos-cangurus-queremos-encanadores-diz-australia-em-resposta-a-paes.shtml

Aussis asking for polaks

In this link, there are a few pictures of the Aussie's complaints. (just ignore the monkey language)

g1.globo.com/rio-de-janeiro/olimpiadas/rio2016/noticia/2016/07/australianos-reprovam-vila-olimpica-e-vao-hotel-fotos-mostram-defeitos.html?utm_source=facebook&utm_medium=social&utm_campaign=g1

World Cup are +500 players and a bunch of journalists from countries who care about football travelling around dozens of cities. Olympics are 10.000 athletes, and journalists from all around the world, in a single city.

That shit will be a huge shameful disaster. The Olympics should have been in Chicago, then we would be laughing about BLM disrupting it.

>underdog complex

those things are fucking lethal, nicknamed "suicide showers"
they have a heating element inside the showerhead. in fact I think I'll greentext that
>they have a heating element inside the showerhead

They aren't lethals. Nobody dies here because of them.

I see the appeal, since it'd be easier to heat the water right there than having a giant tank full of hot water all the time like we have in the US. But still, that's fucking stupid, especially since there are systems that do the same thing but don't put the heating element in the shower with you

Underdog = Vira-lata

OK

They will when the only thing protecting the copper from the water is that piece of black electrical tape

If they have an element that heats the water why are they called eletric?

well you're nothing if not loyal to your country lel

The heating element is electric, as witness by the (stripped) power cord going into an outlet right in the shower

IF you're gonna do something like that, I'd make sure the wires are insulated in a PVC, PEX, or stainless steel tube and directed to an outlet NOT IN THE FUCKING SHOWER. And I wouldn't build the showerhead out of what appears to be cheap plastic

A video on electric showers in english
youtube.com/watch?v=bpPR4RBRr1o

3 winter Olympics from now user

>2018 Winter - South Korea
>2020 Summer - Japan
>2022 Winter - China
>2024 Summer - Pretty much guaranteed France
>2026 Winter - Maybe Calgary

>implying Olympics in Tokyo
Tetsuo shall destroy the stadium

It just seems like such a stupid idea

I remember I had a professor who had lived in England for a while and told us about how his water heater only heated up a certain amount at a time. Like, if you wanted a hot shower, you turned it on, waited 10-20 minutes, and then you used it for your shower before it ran out. Sounded a lot more efficient than usual tanks we have here, which just heat up a ton of water and then keep them that hot all the time.

Any idea what these kinda systems are called?

not sure about that, most new installations use a gas combi boiler which heats water as you use it and theres no hot water tank at all

chora comunistinha preto! hahahahahahahah

FALADOR PASSA MAL! A GENTE NÃO QUER VOCÊ AQUI, VOLTA PARA TUA QUEBRADA

What a bunch of pussies. It's just a couple of buckets and a few loose wires.

We have those tankless systems here, but from what I've read, they're not worth it. Expensive up front, and while marginally more efficient, they don't really pay for themselves until possibly beyond their expected life expectancy.

If I could find a system like the one I described, where you just heat up water a few minutes before you use it, that'd be pretty bitchin'. I won't own a house for a few more years, but I'd like to keep researching things like that to keep me motivated

what if you're late for work and you need to shower immediately?

I just came back from vacation in South Korea and many homes use the heating system you described.