Upcoming Star Wars Movies

So I recently had a discussion with a person who is very involved with Lucasfilm that I know very personally. In that discussion he gave me some insight on concepts and ideas for the upcoming Star Wars movies. Specifically the "Star Wars Stories" or "Anthology" movies.

Now bear with me, because I don't actually know a whole lot about Star Wars. I have just seen the movies, so I don't know how much of this is relevant to the fans of the books and stuff.

The definite upcoming movies are as follows:

>Rogue One
I'm sure you know plenty about this one already. Group of rebellion fighters on a task to steal the death star plans and stop production of the "Death Troopers"

>Episode 8
My source refused to give me ANY information on this except that it prominently features Luke. (He only told me that much because I specifically asked)

>Solo
A young Han Solo runs away from the imperial academy to find a more fulfilling life gambling away his life and running from his problems. Solo is the final name for the movie.

>Episode 9
Again, I know absolutely nothing about this one

>Obi Wan Kenobi 1-3
The first in a trilogy of movies following Obi Wan Kenobi as he protects a young Luke Skywalker. Supposedly the studio does not fully trust Obi Wan to succeed well in the box office, so they are prepared to make the second and third movies' stories into some other form of media like comics or books if the first one doesn't do very well. Because of that the first ones story is going to tie up and finish nicely by the end, even though its only the first part of a trilogy.

Other urls found in this thread:

starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Ahsoka_(novel)
youtube.com/watch?v=nahMMDYasM4
youtube.com/watch?v=TtXFkctsG6g
twitter.com/AnonBabble

>Rise of the Old Republic
A prequel movie to what is going to be a massive media blitz after the current Star Wars trilogy. The movie will follow multiple different kingdoms with warriors powerful in the force known as the "Jedi Knights". One of these kingdoms is the Sith Kingdom, who are recognizable by their iconic red lightsabers. According to my source, all lightsabers in this movie are going to have the Kylo Ren cross guard design. Supposedly this movie is actually very far into development, because Disney has plans to tie it in with multiple comics and book series, video games, and a possible tv show.

>TANO
Apparently it is essentially a remake of Episode 3 told from the perspective of Anakin Skywalkers apprentice, Asoka Tano.
This one is weird for me because I didn't know that Anakin had an apprentice. I'm assuming this was from a book or something.

Movies ideas that are either just being passed around, or are only in idea stages of development:

>Yoda, Dooku, and Qui Gon movies
There is a pretty popular idea floating around of a trilogy of movies following 3 generations of Jedi apprentices and masters. The movies could potentially detail Obi Wan being trained by Qui Gon, Qui Gon being trained by Dooku, and finally Dooku being trained by Yoda.

>Movie centered around illegal podracing
Thats pretty much all I got regarding that one

Also regarding the Boba Fett movie, the chances of it still happening are apparently very slim after major vision differences with Lucasfilm and the writers and director. Thats all I know about it though.

I so hope the illegal podracing/qui gonn/dooku movies happen

>>TANO
>Apparently it is essentially a remake of Episode 3 told from the perspective of Anakin Skywalkers apprentice, Asoka Tano.
>This one is weird for me because I didn't know that Anakin had an apprentice. I'm assuming this was from a book or something.
So it's a remake of a movie from the view point of a character that didn't even exist when said movie was made. Jesus christ.

>Movie centered around illegal podracing
That's a neat trick

Knowing how Disney loves to change stuff and reinvent characters, this is probably true

Kek the entire visual guide to rogue one has leaked.

Way to go disney

I hate to be that guy, but according to Rebels, the last time Ahsoka spoke to Anakin was right before the Battle Over Couruscant. She was around, and active. We just don't know where and why

All the text is placeholder marketing stuff.

The final version will have actual content

>Rogue One
>I'm sure you know plenty about this one already. Group of rebellion fighters on a task to steal the death star plans and stop production of the "Death Troopers"

Wait really? That sounds exactly like the plot of Dark Forces. They should have just made a Kyle Katarn movie.

JEsus christ that's the worst fucking movie cover I've ever seen in my entire life.

Its just the cover of the Visual Guide

Is Alan Tudyk still in this movie? If so, anyone know who or what he is supposed to be playing? I hope he is playing a sarcastic robot or an alien pilot that gets impaled too soon.

>katarn
>competent white manly man in a heterosexual relationship
these are not the times for normal things, user, let it go

In glorious high resolution!

For you

I just read that Alan Tudyk is in fact playing a cgi droid. Here is to hopping it is sarcastic and says meatbag at least once.

So when I watched the first star wars movie in the early 90s I got the impression that the unnamed crew that stole the Death Star plans were a little....whiter. Is that just me being a racist Sup Forums?

If OP is legit, then the "Death Trooper" thing is a new bit of information.

We know that the movie is about the death star plans, we know that there are black storm troopers called the "Death Troopers", but we can't know for sure if they are droids, or if the protags need to stop production of them

what's normal about that?

>>TANO

The salt would be fucking delicious.

Katarn is just as big of a Gary Stu as Rey

>Apparently it is essentially a remake of Episode 3 told from the perspective of Anakin Skywalkers apprentice, Asoka Tano.
>This one is weird for me because I didn't know that Anakin had an apprentice. I'm assuming this was from a book or something.

The CG Clone Wars show

Actually, Ahsoka was around before Revenge of the Sith was ever shot.

And you sound especially retarded since you didn't even watch the series.

Probably just you being racist. The crew could have consisted entirely of Bothans (many of which died) for all the movie told us.

>Also regarding the Boba Fett movie, the chances of it still happening are apparently very slim after major vision differences with Lucasfilm and the writers and director.

Good. Boba doesn't need his own movie. Hes way better kept as a secondary antagonist. Stop ruining MYSTERY MEN by taking away their mystery.

The series finale of Clone Wars was gonna be Ahsoka and Captain Rex liberating Mandalore from Darth Maul and the Death Watch that still remained loyal to him after Sheev fucked up his attempts at starting a unified criminal conglomerate.

>>Movie centered around illegal podracing

I would watch the shit out of this, but the rest is bullshit. If it's not, share it with Making Star Wars, I'll believe it when I read it there.

If by "secondary antagonist" you mean "glorified guard that stands around and immediately get's defeated by a blind guy once he starts actually doing anything", then yes that's exactly what Boba Fett is.

>>TANO
Immediately fake, they will continue her story on an upcoming book
starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Ahsoka_(novel)

Also
>He didn't watch The Clone Wars
Jesus Christ user, you're missing out

>The Boba Fett movie is not likely to be made

That's literally the only one I care about

>Actually, Ahsoka was around before Revenge of the Sith was ever shot.
In what media? She wasn't in Clone Wars or anything else that I saw.

>And you sound especially retarded since you didn't even watch the series.
I never implied that I watched The Clone Wars CG show. The premise of 'Tano' as a remake of EP3 from a different perspective is still stupid because Ahsoka had no role in the plot of EP3.

>They should have just made a Kyle Katarn movie.

FUCK OF WITH YOUR EU SHIT ALREADY YOU CUNTS

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

>Implying Katarn wasn't one of the best things to come out of the EU

boba fett's character has been ruined enough already

I don't see how its instantly fake. She can have a movie AND a book, cant she?

Depends on when the book will start from. Could just as easily be focused on Ahsoka starting the Rebellion with Bail and what she was doing post-Order 66.

Can definitely see them wanting to save the grand finale of the Clone Wars show for a visual medium.

A fucking trilogy set in the Tatooine desert and a GoT ripoff?

I trust Disney to do Boba Fett more justice than Lucas.

The only good thing to come out of the EU was Coruscant.

After the letdown that was Captain Phasma you shouldn't trust them with shit.

Haha, EUfags sure are crazy and like to make stuff up.

>the letdown that was Captain Phasma

They tried to reverse engineer Boba Fett. The worst part is that there are still a lot of people out there excited about that joke of a character.

>It's a "Sup Forums are full of gullible fucking retards that believe ANYONE who writes their fanfiction out as 'hush-hush exclusive' news about Disney shit movies" episode

Filoni and Lucas were long into talks about TCW at this point. There was no way to implement her at the time and It would've been unnecessary given what transpired in TCW.

> is still stupid because Ahsoka had no role in the plot of EP3.
It doesn't matter. There is an entire generation of kids who grew up to TCW. They would love to see their favorite characters on screen.

They perfectly succeded in making another Boba Fett. Just like Boba Phasma just stand around menacingly and then went down like a bitch in a way devoid of any dignity.

Look at this post.

EUfags are literally insane and delusional.

What?
The Clone Wars cartoon isn't part of the EU but of the main continuity as far as I know.

Yea, after Disney acquired the franchise. Anyway, the point is, your shitty cartoon is irrelevant and will never have anything to do with any future movie.

where Mads

Clone Wars was in continuity with the movies and above the rest of the EU trash even before Disney bought Star Wars

Nope. Pre-Disney, only the movies were canon, and everything else was EU.

>OP spent time on this shitpost

>insane and delusional.
TCW is as canon as Empire Strikes back and that's never going to change. TCW was Lucas's baby girl and he raised and nurtured it. You really think it would be rendered non-canon by the story group? Half the people there are still loyal to Lucas.

>your shitty cartoon is irrelevant and will never have anything to do with any future movie
You would have a point if Rebels didn't feature James Earl Jones replaying his role as Darth Vader and having him face off against Tano.

Technically you're right but the real order was TCW was the same level of canon as the movies. Everything else was EU. TCW never was EU it was always canon because Lucas worked directly on it.

This is EU insanity: youtube.com/watch?v=nahMMDYasM4

No, the tier system was Movies, TV Shows (Clone Wars and that live-action one that never got off the ground) and everything else was EU.

The movies were a tier above the cartoons, which were not canon with the films, technically.

It was a golden era of joy.

>muh canon
There is no canon but movie canon, and in time, you will realize this too.

Fuck Obi Wan. He really wasn't that great. His apprentice become one of the most evil agents for the Sith when he could have been the greatest asset for the knights. Then he hid like a bitch until he was an old man. Sure he pointed Luke in the right direction, but then he was slayed like a hoe.

Give me a Qui Gon movie any day of the week

This
Fettfags are so out of touch with reality on how "badass" their bounty hunting anti-hero is they had to literally make up decades of into-le-trash EU to buff his resume beyond
>stand around menacingly
>get btfo like an utter jobber

Also,
>b-but in Boba Fett blahblah vol4 he bests Vader in a lightsaber duel
pic related

The only thing I would be excited about is an adaptation of the Bane trilogy. Or at least some more movies about the Sith and dark side characters as protagonists.

>Bane
So, uhh, I heard some things pertaining to his size & gender...

>There is no canon but movie canon
Right, like comic and novel references appearing in the movies? You are aware The Outrider appears in A New Hope right? Or CPO's red arm?

>you will realize this too.
How?

he is the tall droid in the back in the OP pic

Except one was a shitty video game character who doesn't exist anymore, and the other is the headliner of the sequel trilogy, making her far more inexcusable.

>Right, like comic and novel references appearing in the movies?
I really don't care about irrelevant references in the movies, like the Outrider, as they have no effect on the movies.

As far as the other way, there are only 2 I can think of. Blue Jedi chick, because George like the way she looked so he put her in the background of 2 movies, and the Couruscant name coming from the books, and it was just a name of a planet that existed conceptually since the 70's anyway.

>How?
Because the books, cartoons, comics, video games and whatever else do not matter and are just filler. They will never be relevant to the movies, and it makes no difference to the movies whether they exist or not. Nothing that happens in them will ever matter, and that is great.

>Time to hijack this thread.

>WITH NO SURVIVORS!!!!!!!!!!!!

youtube.com/watch?v=TtXFkctsG6g

>Call in the Big Guy

>Tell me why does the mask where him?

>>Movie centered around illegal podracing
NOW THIS IS PROFITING!

>Because Rey's chamber pot is too big for you.

>>Rogue One
>I'm sure you know plenty about this one already. Group of rebellion fighters on a task to steal the death star plans and stop production of the "Death Troopers"

So they're doing the exact plot of Dark Forces but with no Kyle and Jan has been nameswitched and white washed.

Death Troopers =/= Dark Troopers
Jyn Erso =/= Jan Ors

Is Disney even trying to do anything original? Or are they happy to take already existing stories and just change names around?

do you own it? no so fuck off EUfag

>When your thread is in ashes and my memes are complete then you will have my permission to 404

Holding ownership over Star Wars has nothing to do with thinking Disney is retarded for rehashing storylines from the old EU and claiming them to be "NEW" Star Wars™ stories. And lastly piss off Mr. Iger

>For you

you just need to fuck off with that EU shit. its over with and they can do whatever the fuck they want. you dont own it so stfu you fat neckbeard cosplaying idiot. i bet you weigh 400lbs and think you look cool twirling a toy lightsaber

But you're wrong, friend.

Time will prove me right.

>thinking Disney will deny an opportunity to print money based on nostalgia

You're a fool.

Fuck Disney and its greedy milking fucks.

Yea, they are going to print money with the prequels. Which is why they have no upcoming prequel movies, canceled a prequel cartoon, made like 2 prequel books, that were in production before Disney acquired Star Wars?

But hey, they made some comic with Obi-Wan, right? They sure a digging that prequel well deep!

>that is great.
Not mattering? Yes. Being great? Absolutely not you filthy Disney-approving shill.

Also, enjoy those shitty new canon Disney Aftermath novels and all their delicious space waffles and space diapers.

EU getting shat on is pretty great.

If hate the old EU, why the fuck would I waste time with new EU?

wtf bro?

see
you haven't refuted my point at all in calling Disney writers hacks for rehashing the storyline to a videogame. And you need to quit projecting, I can smell your insecurity through the internet.

>No Thrawn

>No Death Troopers

But then again Disney hates it when you paint the Empire good or even some horror

Space Waffles were introduced in Rebels, not Aftermath

>they are going to print money with the prequels.
>being so young to forget 15 years worth of prequel content
>being too stupid to see Disney building up money based on OT nostaglia to launch their ST
>being too stupid to read that every comic and novel in the canon references the prequels
>even the new movies reference them
>being too stupid to see through Disney's greed

They're splitting the fanbase even further to make more money. You can't be this dense.

Additionally, TCW wasn't cancelled by Disney, it was cancelled by it's developers because Lucas had left. Lucas was pumping millions into this show, they knew Disney would cut corners.

No, it was cancelled because WB hated the idea of airing a show now owned by Disney. Same sorta contractual bullshit killed Spectacular Spider-Man

>>being too stupid to see Disney building up money based on OT nostalgia to launch their ST
That's the point dumbass. That is what they are doing, which is why they are minimizing prequel exposure, because the prequels don't matter. It will happen to the OT, but the OT will always have a use, while the PT will be forgotten with the decade.

Thankfully, Disney is clearly moving forward.

>>TANO

tdkr really has the best fighting scenes

sounds too good to be true?
Source?