Making an online RPG, anybody interested?

Making an online RPG, anybody interested?
Posting stream link if there's enough interest

gimme more info bro

As log as I can grind infinitely for stats so crazy that logic falls apart, then I'm interested.

It's a fantasy 2d online RPG that combines a lot of my favorite features and elements in RPGS and other games. Such as PVP everywhere outside of towns, level range increasing the further away you stray from towns(like rs wilderness), survival themes like hunger/sleep/thirst from rust(drains veeery slowly though), day/night cycle with different night features like robbing houses, hostile monsters spawning, danger levels increasing etc, no classes, only stat builds(not a fan of forcing people to lock to a class)

etc etc etc

You'll be able to allocate stat points and reset stats whenever you want to try different builds.

If you can come up with situational PVP builds and spell loadouts for when let's say you're going out on a mining run and don't want to get rekt by crowd control mages, you can spend your stats in magic resist just for that occasion and reset your stat points when done with your mining runs.

What stats are available?

Yeah, I'm interested. I love retro-style video games and RPGs. Sounds like a fun project.

Stream link, please?

stoped reading at
>survival themes like hunger/sleep/thirst

stop it and I'm in

Currently, since the source is closed until september/october, there's only

Attack
Magic
Defence
Magic Resist
Speed

But i'm planning on adding more combat stats like evasion, elemental resistances etc.

Looks like shit.

Nah, I like to reward people more than i like to punish people. The bars will drain fully only over the course of 10 hours, so dying from it should be nearly impossible unless you're a fucking idiot. at 100% you'll receive 150% experience bonus, going down by 1% every 1% you lose.
At 0% you'll only receive 50% experience and lose hp.

Food, drinks and beds to sleep in won't be hard to come across at all, where I even provide free choices in towns for those that don't have money or don't want to spend money.

twitch tv/oldworldrpg

Do you post on AGDG, amateur gamedevelopment general on /vg/?

Not really, they'll just call me a faggot and tell me to get out

here's johnny

OP is a fag

I'm the same user
In my opinion I would follow what WoW did, create a big big world left to explore, but remove the aspects that bind you to civilization, like hunger and thirst.
Obiously add dungeons and rewards, I'd also add spezializations (heal tank dps typical shit) because PvE is often more fun, collaborating is more rewarding than fighting IMO

Add currency, in game trade, an auction house, and professions to keep the people playing

And the overworld must be breathtaking and interesting, the world design needs to be improved a lot. The image in the OP was too lame tbh family

Good luck

Dont try to imitate WoW. This genre is sucked dry, rather try to come up with something new.

I've always wanted to develop an online rpg focussing around stuff like harvest moon similiar to salem, but I can't be arsed to do more programming beside university. Might just start eventually tho.

What do you use to write the server-code? Do you use RMI or do you just send JSON?

I'm trying to add elements that i like from various games, not walk down a path of another game.

this

i'm not writing the engine, the guys at ascensiongamedev are. source is going open source in a couple of months, so when that happens i'm planning on adding my own features to the game, such as player housing and resource gathering skills

Fuck op, so far it sounds great. What platform will it be available on/where can I get it once it's ready? Need beta testers?

kart? that you nigga?
I forgot the name of the game, been looking for a long ass time, nice to see its still going

bump

interested

pls no not like wow bound it to citys realism and stuff

OP Make it so I can use it on my Mac.

Yeah, it'll be cross platform or so the engine developers say. But not for a while.

FUCKKK m8.

That omega guy from the stream here
it's looking good so far

seems cool, ill follow your stream and watch