What are your thoughts about this movie, Sup Forums?

What are your thoughts about this movie, Sup Forums?

it is beautiful, and has some of the best shots of science fiction

this is just dumb posturing

You are a dumd spawn.

This part was really jarring

Eh, i enjoyed it more after reading the book.

Why is there gravity in that room? He's not in the centrifuge.

I,m gonna post something.

Here is my post.

he never said "its full of stars" in the movie, though

this ain't movie this is PURE KINOGRAPHY

Only in the book.

Also: good morning, Dave.

Tried to watch it twice, fell asleep both times. First time a movie ever made me sleep, too.

That's pretty surprising to me since most of my favorite movies are considered "boring", I guess it isn't my cup of tea.

It alright.

It sucks. The movie is too long. Some of the shots lasted for literally 5 minutes. I liked HAL though, cool villain.

2001:ASO number 1#, Nice ;)

>no pic related

Stop posting your opinions on film from now on. Nobody cares. I wish there was a way to single you out of discussion forever. Its brilliant.

the moon monolith scene is one of the most tense, atmospheric, and legitimately spooky scenes I've ever seen.

so pleb it hurts

long shots are sick when done well (this movie). stop being an ADHD raddled american

The ending is crepy af too. The aliens havr him contained in a higher dimension where time is a physical dimension and he sees the past future and presebt simultaneously until his death, in a room with reinassance and modern styles of furnature bc the aliens don't comprehend humans properly nor care to probably.

Watched it for the first time today and some scenes were indeed very fucking slow

I love most of Kubrick's films, and can understand the symbolism behind most of it (last scene kinda fucked me up) but it felt very slow

Me and my wife's son just marthoned the first 20 minutes at 2x speed, and there's nothing happening. I thought this was a fun space flick? Where are the superheroes and explosions? When does the talking start?

YAAAAAAAAAAWN

The moon scene was way creepier to me.

Explain HAL.

Literally the film's most iconic thing, and it wasn't included in this theory that 100% hits the mark otherwise.

>I liked HAL though
Of course you did. You're part of the post-modern movie audience.

It does a very good job of capturing the feel of the story while the book gives you the hard plot and science of it. The two pair together very well.

HAL represents our repressed sexual nature. He grapples without what he is supposed to do and what he wants to do.

I like this theory, but I thought it was showing how the technology we've made has evolved so much that it is killing us. I vaguely remember realising that BBC / media coverage in the movie was hinted to be heavily manipulated to omit negative news about new technology, too.

The best movie ever made.

Well in the real world yes. HAL represents the dangers of abandoning our humanity. The aliens take Bowman because humanity is worth understanding and potentially worth saving (spoilers: they decide it's not).

>they decide it's not
Why was he reborn then?

To act as the control unit for the local Monolith, to observe and report on humans. They decide later that humanity is not worth keeping.

i feel sorry for anyone who sees it as anything more than a b movie with jewish cia funding

>astronauts cover their ears in agony
>beat
>...
>slightly annoying buzz starts

lift some weights my man