Civil War bad wirting

Hey Sup Forums can we have a good serious discussion about the bad writing in this movie? I mean the reason why they even had the UN try and regulate the avengers?

Let's start with that dumbfucking video they show all the heroes in the first conference room
>New york invasion
So defeating a fucking alien invasion at the cost of a few fucking buildings was actually used against them?
>Washington DC
Barely anyone got hurt.
>Sakovia
Ok I guess it was better to let Ultron to take a fucking city and let it destroy the earth.
>Africa
They do realize that if Scarlett witch had done nothing, that suicide bomber would had taken out that entire block along with everyone in that building and maybe even captain.

It seems fucking stupid they try and put a leash on the Avengers when they did everything right.

>tony feels guilty after finding out that american kid in sokovia got killed

>Complains about Civil War bad writing
>Can't write the word "writing" properly
Opinion discarded

Reminder that everyone forgot about the Hulk rampage in AoU.

These threads are so fucking dumb. IT'S A COMIC BOOK MOVIE OF COURSE THE WRITING IS AWFUL

just turn of your brain off bruh

Why doesn't giant man get collapse into himself?

Why does he move slowly when he's big, but same pace when he's ant sized?

What's with those fucking quips?

>try and

You have a point but you need to not do that

>Bucky is ordered to kill the Starks without leaving witnesses
>waits for them at a remote stretch of road
>somehow ends up being the one bit of road that has a camera on it

there's no reason for those murders to be filmed. they could've been clever and had Zemo record Bucky's mission report but instead went with evidence that shouldn't have existed.

>He kills the family in front of the camera instead of destroying the camera first.

the govt just doesn't want vigilantes, end of story.

that too. the camera shouldn't have even been there.

aside from that, I think they should have opened with Zemo in Sokovia, looking for his family as the Avengers leave the city. Make him more sympathetic from the start and his story one of an arguably good guy pushed too far, sort of like law abiding citizen. Make his plans to drive a wedge between Tony and Steve more clear so that the reveal at the Siberia facility feels less like a copout and more like we should have known he wouldn't be interested in activating the winter soldiers.

Wouldn't have been emotional enough though. It was probably how brutal the murders were that pushed Tony over the edge

There's no cameras down there. They just give those angles with the visual effect over it for the viewer of the movie. Please understand.

It's not about how many people died vs how many people were saved, it's about responsibility.

Let's say a group of terrorists in your city stole a nuke and are threatening something, blah blah and the Avengers come in and stop them in a big battle and your house gets destroyed in the process. Maybe a couple people die/get hurt and a million are saved because the nukes are recovered. Your house is gone and you're homeless.

The Avengers, a predominantly American private military group then goes home. You can petition the American govt. to build you a new home

>"we don't control the Avengers. Sorry."

You then go to the country the terrorists come from.

>"We don't condone the actions of a few radical criminals and, while we lament the loss of your home, we cannot supply funds for a new one."

So while the world celebrates the Avengers and the media goes wild, you're homeless because shit happens and nobody takes responsibility. It's just collateral damage. Soldiers stepping on an anthill. So what do you do? Write a letter to Tony Stark or send him an email? Sure, he could afford to help, but will he? Probably since he feels guilty, though he doesn't owe it to you. But how would you contact him? I doubt a guy like him even checks his own emails.

Hence the accords. There is logic to it because now there is a place you can go to that is actually answerable for the destruction caused.

Bucky as Winter Soldier recounting what he did to them could have worked just as well.

>I'm afraid I can't let you take that plane and kill someone we both want dead.

I thought they were going to play it in Iron Man's memory device they showed at the beginning of the movie

The writing is bad in all these capeshit movies. Why select this one specifically?

the events in the first avengers movies wouldn't have happened if thor hadn't gone easy on loki and arrested/killed him in the first thor movie.
age of ultron would have never happened if tony stark hadn't made ultron in the first place.
there's also hulk going apeshit in AoU and the person responsible for that happening is in the avenges.

>There has been a fly in your soup every day
>why are you complaining about your soup today?

Why didn't GIant man just shrink when they were doing "That really old movie" bit. I don't know why they tried to ruin it like that.

then why you keep on ordering fly soup shithead

he killed the Starks in a location where Hydra set up surveillance to ensure that WS did his job

Because the whole point of him being big was to be a distraction and to block the others from getting to Cap.

>big
low metabolism
>small
he does dumbass

The writing was tight though. These guys are just being idiots

This.
Could have been better to brought that up.

The writing for capeshit doesn't have to be good. What makes these films shit is the lack of any quality. The things they bank on are action and character development and they are consistently done poorly again and again.

Unless you like shitty jump cuts and parkinson's-cam the action is garbage and most character development is crammed full of le epic human condition shit.

they had to crowbar in somehow current events like #blacklivesmatter

>What makes these films shit is the lack of any quality.
Awesome sentence, professor. Please teach me about quality writing.

>no cameras

>bucky looks at the camera and shoots

>stark sees an imaginary video

Tony later admitted that he was doing it to get Pepper back. Really shows him to be even more of a cunt than he already was. He didn't give a fuck what happened to the avengers. he didn't care if his friends were thrown in jail. No, all he cared about was getting his dick sucked.

All that fighting, destruction and almost killing his friends, was purely so he could get his girl back.

Hey, dumbass. Read the post. I didn't comment on the writing.

Tony built Ultron you dumbass

Are you OK pal? He wasn't implying there was a pile of surveillance cameras offering close ups of the action. Everyone understands the visual effect. It is horribly coincidental there was a security camera there at all though.

People rioted because a cop shot a thug who tried to go for the gun of an officer after violently robbing a supermarket.
People destroyed the robbery victim's place in revenge of this man.
Don't understimate the stupidity of the everyman

Doesn't ant man have the same mass regardless of his size? Is that not how the suit works? So when he's big how is he punching dudes a thousand feet and crushing trucks and stuff?

>bad wirting
JESUS FUCKING CHRIST GO BACK TO Sup Forums YOU FUCKING LOSER CAPESHIT FAGGOTS

I'd do it too if it meant having qt Paltrow back

The writing really was bad to be honest.

The villain's whole plan relied on extremely lucky and uncontrollable coincidences. Also, as many others have said - random video camera in the middle of the woods happens to record the one thing that was needed to make Zemo's plan work.

Certain characters were sidelined in particular parts because you could tell the writers didn't know what to do with them i.e. Vision in the opening fight or Vision for most of the airport fight. Other characters were shoehorned in to make money and have zero motivation to ever be there - Spidey, Ants, Hawkeye. They even tried to explain why Hawkeye came back by Tony asking him in prison, but Hawkeye deflected the question anyways because the writers didn't know what to say. That's almost as bad as "that's a story for another time".

Vision, despite being a logical, calculating robot decides to do the most retarded thing of trying to bring down an air traffic control tower onto the escape plane instead of... shooting the plane itself? That's a crap tonne of unnecessary collateral damage and obviously an idiotic, uncharacteristic action that was only done so the plot could be furthered.

The writing in the airport scene completely missed the mark. This was meant to be their emotional 'civil war' that they built up and promoted to be some serious, heartbreaking stuff. This was the climax to their civil war storyline and instead it turned into a big quipfest and lacked any emotional tension.

Peggy's funeral lacked the emotional punch and felt completely shoehorned in to the movie, random text message during their arguments and suddenly we are in London.

Oh also, not sure if its the writer's fault or the editor's fault but why the hell would they cut away from the final fight where they have that slow shot of Cap blocking Tony's blaster shot and completely obliterate the dramatic tension in that scene, just to show Black Panther and Zemo talk. Just put that shit after the fight is over so you don't lose the audience in the moment.