RIP SONY

latimes.com/entertainment/envelope/cotown/la-et-ct-angry-birds-sony-20160517-snap-story.html

>The "Angry Birds" video game has been an object of obsession for celebrities, public intellectuals and government officials.

>And now Sony Pictures Entertainment and game developer Rovio Entertainment are hoping to turn the addictive mobile app into a much needed summer box-office hit. Sony, which releases the movie Friday, is using every tool at its disposal to make sure the ill-tempered, multicolored flock is everywhere in sight.

>The marketing push, including promotional partnerships and the studio's own spending, has reached an estimated $400 million, making it the biggest-ever campaign for an animated Sony movie, according to executives at the company.

>the studio's own spending, has reached an estimated $400 million

JUST
U
S
T

Other urls found in this thread:

boxofficemojo.com/movies/?id=angrybirds.htm
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_most_expensive_films
wikileaks.org/sony/emails/emailid/93948
youtube.com/watch?v=_RJUpQ6ltWk
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

If they simply put a barcode scan for "free in game item" at the end of the movie it will break records.

>foreign
>40 million

>400 plus marketing push
They spent nearly as much money as Warner bros put into batman v superman's budget + marketing into marketing alone for a mobile game movie

Remember how BvS was considered underwhelming?

Good Lord sony is performing sudoku here

You do know that technically this makes Angry Birds the most expensive movie in history, right?

They also got fembusters coming out, oh boy is sony gonna get fucking destroyed

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_most_expensive_films
Shit, you're right. Unless this list is excluding something this is really hard to believe.

reminder angry birds is our guy

>public intellectuals
Do we have a source on this?

hes just like us!

Most of that must be advertising or some shit, not actual cost of the movie.

Right?

What the hell is wrong with Sony Pictures? Why do they keep doing these things?

Yes, advertising, but even if you add up advertising costs, even Batman v Superman was cheaper, and it was said the movie needed like 900 million to break even.

They're referring to Sup Forums

>What the hell is wrong with Sony Pictures?
Jews.
The answer is literally jews.

Did sony just drop more money on an angry birds movie than warmer did on batman v superman?

BvS cost 425 million to make and advertise, this cost 400 million on advertising alone

>production budget: 73 million
THE ABSOLUTE MADMEN

no no no, other movies don't usually include or disclose the amount they spent to advertise.

like for example advatar had a budget of 240 million but that won't include advertising.

I'm suspicious about whether zony did genuinely spend 400 mill on advertising.

sony pictures is run by actual retards, as the email leaks have shown

here, for those who haven't seen this gem yet: wikileaks.org/sony/emails/emailid/93948

>A rising trend we see with Millennials are the really extreme forms of experiential exercise like Tough Mudder (a sort of filthy triathalon), the Color Run and even things like Hot Power Yoga, veganism etc. Millennials will often post "N.B.D." on their social media after doing it , as in No Big Deal, also known as the "humble brag".....wondering if Spidey could get into that in some way....he's super athletic, bendy, strong, intense....and it's all NBD to him, of course.

But at least Jews make good financial choices

True.
But this actually makes Angry Birds a movie more expensive than Batman v Superman or fucking Civil War.

400 million on angry birds?

>multicolored flock is everywhere in sight.

I wonder who is behind this?

At least Angry Birds is a stealth red pill designed to alert people to the dangers of Muslim migrants.

except nobody that plays angry birds actually gives that much of a fuck

You do know he's referencing the fact that the birds have multiple colors.

I found that confusing. Who do they even mean? Were Dawkins and Zizek debating best strategy for level 8-3?

Nice try Merchant

>Try to make a shared universe of Angry Birds
>It bombs
>Try to make a shared universe of Ghostbusters
>It bombs

Just read the Sony leaks to understand that they are not the brightest bunch

>Sony's CEO genuinely believed that Spider-Man deal with Marvel will rake them up $12 billion profit in 5 years

>old handicapped mother bird
>is a male
ok

we didn't even need the leaks to realize that, but it's still funny reading how retarded they are straight from the source
they're just perceptually incapable doing fucking anything right, at least in film

You do know you are talking about the retards who wanted to make a Spiderman cinematic universe and were unironically considering making an Aunt May solo movie, right?

I saw some preview or ad for this at the theater, it was the most annoying and obnoxious thing ever.

Is Angry Birds even a good game? I never played it and it always looked like any old shitty webpage game

>mfw all this incoming trash
How can a company be this cancerous.

>aunt May solo movie
>Marisa tomei
If actually see this now, kevin fiege is truly part of the UnJUSTment beureu

Are they just stupid or bored

It was just a simple, addictive phone game.
You threw different types of birds and you had to smash all the green pigs in the level.
Sometimes you had to get creative by breaking buildings, walls and such.

Wew.

>amazing spiderman 3 and 4
>sinister six

Something's not right

No no, a solo Aunt May movie for the The Amazing Spiderman franchise.

Yeah, those are cancelled, but they are still up in box office mojo.

This is one of the best emails out of the whole leak. The guy's blatant homolust for Andrew Garfield really seals the deal

>he's super athletic, bendy, strong, intense....and it's all NBD to him, of course.
>EDM (electronic dance music) is the defining music for Millennials. Wondering if there's an EDM angle somewhere with Spidey? His movements are beautiful, would be awesome with a killer DJ behind it

Is this a reference to dubs guy? Seems too coincidental considering the rest

I know, I mean now id be down and kevin fiege convinced me

THEY ACTUALLY DID IT, THE ABSOLUTE MADMEN

But Garfield was supposedly a dick to work with. And he doesn't even have the talent to justify it like Hardy and Theron.

>baby driver
K I N O

>thinly veiled Sup Forums thread

Back to your containment board, manchild

>watch lots of TV with commercials
>haven't seen 1 angry birds commercial

TFW you realize if 1% of the marketing budget for this bomb went straight to your bank account, you'd be set for life

>Baby driver
youtube.com/watch?v=_RJUpQ6ltWk

Did someone show Amy pascal the producers and she was convinced she could pull that off irl?

If you call AB a video game on Sup Forums you get chased out within minutes. They accept visual novels where the only player input is "Pick generic high school girlfriend A, B, or C" as a video game before Angry Birds

from what i remember from finnish newspapers rovio paid for the movie itself. why is sony putting so much into marketing it?

hope it bombs though angry birds is shit

damn