1=2=3

1=2=3

To say anything else implies that any of them have a single flaw

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=RCVG9SeMqHA
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

I always watch em as one movie anyways. Still things to complain about. The biggest is probably Tolkien's fault: invincible ghost army.

They spent all day talking and walking.
At least they didn't meet Couch, Shot-Reverse Shot and Window.

I love fellowship but after Moria it kinda drags on

But Amon Hen is the best moment in the trilogy

OP is a massive faggot. Two Towers is objectively the worst of the trilogy.

>b..but it's one 12 hour long movie

No. They are clearly different movies with different tones.

FotR is an adventure film
RotK is an epic war film
TTT falls somewhere in between

1=2>3

anything else is madness or a lie

idk every time I rewatch it lorien kills me

Lothlorien is relatively short unless you're watching extended. Also it's worth it for the Argonath

Fangorn forest has the best scenes in the trilogy.

Only thing that bugs me is Wormtongue. His fucking name is Wormtongue and he slithers around, how did he become the royal advisor? That seems like a huge red flag

3 is too long for what it is, but they do a good job making it bearable. A third of the movie being an ending seems fitting for the story and the scope, but still, it's a smidge too long.

And they even took out Saurman attacking the Shire.

>Fangorn forest has the best scenes in the trilogy.
This is a weird opinion. The ents were one of the worst parts of that movie

Nah sorry this is objective truth:

1>2=3

>a third of a movie
That's exaggerating.
Wrong
1>3>2

The spooky army of the dead ruined the battle of the Pelenor fields

Excellent dialogue between the hobbits and treebeard. Just because it was comedical, doesn't make it any less great
I also have a thing for fantastical beings that are friendly or, for the most part, passive.

>TTT the worst
wut

But it is

1>2=3

The 1 is just THE adventure, it feels like a RPG. You can feel the suffering and the delusion of the characters. The ending is perfect.

1 ≥ 2 > 3

3 is easily better than 2

This. One is definitely the best one. Two and three can be argued, but neither can beat one. One is just so fucking well put together and entertaining to watch. 3 drags on and 2 has a few boring spots.

They are all really bad fan fiction, and the source material wasn't very good to begin with.

(You)
Now go away

Nah, RotK was showing signs of Jackson hackery and dragged on a bit at the end. You could argue that 3 is equal or lesser than 2, and I'd let you have that.

2 > 3 > 1

Fellowship- 1 narrative
Two Towers- 3 separate narratives(FrodoSam/AragornLegolasGimli/MerryPippin)
Return of the King- 2 narratives(FrodoSam/Aragorn's gang and PippinGandalf)

Fellowship>Return of the King>Two Towers
1>3>2

See a pattern here?

Not Tolkien's fautlt. In the books they just scare the pirates off the boats. Aragorn then picks up reinforcements with said boats which were otherwise cut off.

Fuck off retard.

>Mfw the entirety of Moria is literally perfect
>Those chills when Gandalf battles the Balrog

Shit man I might have to rewatch Fellowship again later.

Hobbit children a cute. CUTE!

>Having the shittest opinion possible

Nah. 3>2

Agree 100%, but also like to add that it isn't a surprise as 1 deviates the least from the original text.
Re watching all three being older now, 2 and 3 are not in the same realm as 1.

For storytelling reasons the ghost army had to play an important role in the battle so they could be worth Aragorn's detour.

Hackson's original choice was apparently to replace the ghost army with exiled Gondorians but back then he was scared of disappointing bookfags.

What's up with the swamp scene?
Why does frodo go full autist when he sees the dead body?

one of these fucking children travelled all the way from

>the shire (bilbo's telling a story to him)
>helm's deep (huddled at the back of the fort)
>minas tirith (on one of the streets)

H A C K S O N

>1 deviates the least from the original text.

But it does, it skips most of the first half of the book.

>mfw that kid is old enough to be an oldfag by now.

>the least

Isnt it his son or something?

She was one of the producer's children m8, give her a pass.

I believe they're PJs kids

I would also like to know this.

Ring magic

He looked into the lights

Faramir is the best character

2 was a snoozefest

Agreed.

Completely agree OP.

Shut the fuck up you fucking faggot.

Ah. I read the books as a kid before the movies, but I don't remember much.

I'm actually watching the third one right now when I saw this. am I seeing things or is that a body double wearing mask playing peregrin? This caught me off guard.

I wish faramir was in game of thrones

Yes all of the cast had midget body doubles that wore masks. If you pay close attention you can see them every so often.

On a side note that tower guard armour looks so fucking amazing.

I thought he was

Falling in lava has to be one of the most horrifying ways to die. even I felt bad for gollum.

So before this you thought Billy Boyd was 3 feet tall?

You didn't like the

>"lords of Gondor have arrived"

Moment? C'mon user

>it's a ghosts the heroes randomly found in a cave are completely invincible and unstoppable and ruin one of the best battle sequences in film episode

>watching Two Towers
>movie cuts to the Ents

Both Two Towers and Return of the King have plenty of flaws, though both are still great movies.

Fellowship is the only perfect one

>plebs hating on the Lothlorien sequence

The best representation of elvish culture accompanied by the one of the best songs in the trilogy:

youtube.com/watch?v=RCVG9SeMqHA

Definitely one of the most epic scenes.

Yea it's Jackson's daughter. Pic related, she really didn't age well

gandalf the grey > gandalf the white

The LotR production quality is just great.

Do you guys remember the Hobbit? I don't.

I can't remember anything about it ;_;

Isn't that ideal, to have no memory of it?

I never saw them. It made sense for the LOTR book trilogy to be turned into a film trilogy. But The Hobbit can be read in one sitting, why the fuck would you draw it out into a trilogy except as a cash grab?

The whole project stunk to high heaven, so I avoided it

1>2>3

I just wish it was a comfy one or two-parter that I could rewatch each year with friends, like LotR. I have no desire to rewatch any of the hobbit movies. All I can recall is having a severe migraine through the third one.

it's a bit depressing that peter jackson turned into george lucas. Idk what made him turn but you can see him changing books stories for easy money all the way back to the lovely bonesmovie

My only real problem with the entire trilogy are the ghosts. Not because "hurr instant win" but because they undermine Aragorn's character as a leader of men. Him showing up on the boats with army of men from the rivertowns with the white tree banner was way better in the book and I was looking forward to seeing that scene.

It's explained more in the book, but basically the ghosts below have some entrancing powers that lure you in.

This is true

ROTK is pretty boring, easily the worst of the three.

>ROTK extended edition is pretty boring
fixed

I wanted to be a contrarian and say otherwise, but you are right. Even in the books he is best character.