Just watched this

Just watched this.
It was amazing

Other urls found in this thread:

imdb.com/title/tt3385516/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Amazingly trash?
There's so much JLaw in the trailers that it turns me off completely.

Tell me Apocalypse at least says, "I AM AS FAR BEYOND MUTANTS AS THEY ARE BEYOND YOU."

I'm hyped. Does it set up a sequel?

I can relieve you that Mystique doesn't even have that big of a role in the movie.
The focus is mostly on the new kids Scott, Jean and third guy.

In fact Mystique even barely does anything in the movie. Her role is more similar to that of First Class. Though even in First Class she had more influence on the plot. Definitely not anything like DOFP

yes

Okay, that's good. Though I'm not thrilled by their choice for Jean.

sets up mr sinister for wolverines movie.

Oh I think she does a good job at portraying teenage Jean. But that's just my opinion. At least she didn't make me think "that's Sansa!" once

>mr sinister
Yes! Fucking yes

Well, that's a plus.
Okay, maybe I'll see it.

sweet, I love James Mangold.

>because this movie got bad reviews Sup Forums will pretend to love it to be contrarian

>this movie got bad reviews

imdb.com/title/tt3385516/

????

Is Psylocke any cool? Does she die?

Psylocke is okay I guess. She doesn't have a lot of dialogue and is just there to be Apocalypse's badass rider who cuts stuff and shit. I feel like they could've done more with her.

>Does she die?
Nop

Oh and Quicksilver was awesome. His powerlevel is through the roof though. He is like comic flash tier now (no time travel tier but he still doesn't look like he's even trying)

I'll watch it for Sophie and Jennifer, do they get a lot of screen time?

Ye
Jean is basically the main character in this. Mystique doesn't do that much and I actually forgot about her at one point which made the whole "OH YEAH Mystique!" feeling she had in the original trilogy come back for me.

Repost

Just came back from the theatre, it wasn't THAT bad, I'd put it on par with Thor and most Marvel flicks
Some actors were downright bad (Sansa/Jeane looked awful in all of the movie), others worked good, the movie is boring in the first half, gets better in the second
I could feel some of the staff's passion about it, but it has the plot is a rehash of X-Men 2 and 3
Anyway I'm sad about the fact rotten tomatoes shows its flopping, maybe I'm too much of a empathy sissy but when I see the effort and the intention of making someone enjoy a enterteinment piece, I always want to put a big smile and thank the author, I don't want them to feel bad

does jubilee actually die like the rumors say?

>I can relieve you that Mystique doesn't even have that big of a role in the movie.
What? The movie spends every scene involving that fat faced cunt having every other character praising her and calling her their inspiration. And she is also the catalyst for Magneto and Storm changing team at the end

She barely appears, doesn't take part in any battle, in fact I had to look up who she is

That's mostly her DOFP sueness carrying over but what I mean is she doesn't really have an active role in the movie.
The parts where people praise her are annoying though

I thin it was done in order to assure us tha Apocalypse event couldn't have taken place if Wolverine hadn't changed time

I dunno why the fuck the put her in. She even is together with the main squad making her look like she's gonna be a main character but then she just... disappears? Where the fuck did she even go after shit started going down?

The only thing that was good about this movie was the soundtrack, everything else was pretty awful, especially the writing

She stayed with the other nameless mutants in the school

Didn't she go to the mall with Jean and the rest?
Or did she just and layed on the floor pretending she was unconscious?

Did you watch the movie? All the mutants except for those three got knocked down by Striker's squad

Yes she did, but when they came back, she wasalready too much into the crowd for nightcrowler to take her

Yeah but they didn't get knocked out because they just returned. But where did Jubilee go?

Does Psylocke kick anyone in the face?

Oh ok gotchu family

No, they didn't get knocked down because they had gone with Cyclops that had ran to where his brother just died. Jubilee was a cunt and didn't follow him and then was knocked down with the rest of the muties
No, she just has an inconsistent power level

>mfw not reading comic books and dont know half of their names

Yeah how the fuck did Beast survive her shit.
He should've been sliced fucking toast

This movie defiantly seems to be the 2nd worse out of the 6 xmen films. Definatly the worst out of the newest 3.
The writing has gone downhill from the other two with plenty of moments that make you roll your eyes. Fassbender and Issac are so under used.
The only good part is the quicksilver scene, the rest is average or worse

Nah DOTFP is worse
This has at least got a climax
I liked the Magneto and Xavier scenes, in fact the only parts I really disliked are Jeane's, mainly because I hate Sophie's face

X-men is really at it's best when they focus on the Charles and Magneto relationship.
They should just have them keep clashing ideals and have their mutants be assets to them and not try to push the story on others and expect them to carry the weight.

I liked the part where the mutants said that Mystique was an idol, when Jubilee got like 30 seconds of screentime, when they ignore DOFP's ending with Stryker having yellow eyes, when Cyclops is completely irrelevant...
It's great.

I betcha the writers know how to spell 'definitely'.

I think the writing in DOTFP was better than this. I agree there wasnt a climax but comparing everything before the the ending DOTFP seems miles better.
Magneto and charles had much better parts in DOTFP i feel too.

>JLAW didn't want to put on the make up

Should have replaced her.

>Leave twinkino to me.

Mr. Sinister and possible X-23 hinted at after credits.

I thought Magneto's cute little story was pretty touching.
Charles really didn't get to do much in this though

Eeeh, after three movies and a half of this it would've felt too much of a rehash
Apocalypse is basically Magneto with another name, so you're wrong
They just have to move from this "Mutants should replace humans"plot to something else
I think X-23 was already said to be considered in an interview
I hope they don't fuck up the casting: she's my waifu

>no jlaw

You lying fucking trash. The whole movie shoves that talentless hack down our throats as some super heroine who inspires every mutant that come after.

How the fuck did mystique even become such an icon. She did shit in days of future past

RT says it's shit.......

>Jean talking about Return of the Jedi
>"The third one's always the worst"
>Subtle trashing of X3

Victoria Justice or Nina Dobrev for X-23 desu.

Anything mystique is idolized for is Charles, Beast and Wolverine's doing
That's the point, she's a false idol who's needed by the world, in contrast Apocalypse is a true god, but a danger for this world

I thought it was a little forced to try and show "oh look he is good now but lets give him a reason to be angry". watching him shout up to god was cringy.

>Apocalypse is the third movie after the reboot
Coincidence?

I dont like jlaw and I didn't feel like she was a big problem. she didn't have many lines. Her being an icon is mentioned once by storm and then again at the school

She certainly isn't wrong when watching this one

Holy hell, does Bald McAvoy look that stupid in the movie?

I'd honestly prefer they avoid going back into the X1-3 era just so that they can avoid the awkwardness of having to shave McAvoy's head and pretend he's Patrick Stewart but they're doing it anyway

The young adventures of Xavier and his mutant friends seems like a much better idea anyway, the first two X-Men movies still hold up decently

>Just came back from the theatre, it wasn't THAT bad
>I'd put it on par with Thor

so it was THAT bad...

this is a lie. she has all the screen time.

Mr Sinister's Essex group stole Wolverine's blood. Gonna make a sexy X-23 soon.

I don't know, I enjoyed Thor
Not as good as Iron Men, not as bad as Hulk/Cap Am

>sexy
I wish. she will probably be another TV series reject.

>Mr. Sinister
Not remotely a surprise in any way.

Dobrev smokes too much to do any of the physical scenes. She'd pass out.

will I enjoy it if Famke Jean was my favorite character but can't stand the way meme girl looks?

Haven't seen /got/ or anything with her tbqh

He was bald in the second one because of medicine to stop his powers and now in this one he becomes bald for another reason. I think they spent more time thinking of ways to shoe in making him bald then writing the rest of the film

So do they bring up the fact that Nightcrawler is Mystique's and Azazel's son or are they just gonna pretend that didn't happen again?

Hate her and enjoyed the movie
You've got to like at least Qucksilver or Xaver though
And he's bald in first class just because he's balding
The joke is no matter what he does, he will get bald, same thing with Magneto being a jerk and Wolverine getting caught and silver claws

>He was bald in the second one because of medicine to stop his powers

What the fuck are you talking about?

>saving mutants
>every mutant holds her as some kind of saviour
>every mutant is awed at her presence
>gives speeches like she's still in the hunger games
>leads mutants into battle
>stronk women crap whenever she's on

It's not the fact that it's jlaw alone, It's the fact that mystique is a shit tier mutant and jlaw plays her like she's the most important. Also Jean grey was terrible casting but her phoenix moment was cool

I get when Civil War makes a Star wars reference because Disney but why now Apocalypse too?

Because Star Wars is a pop culture phenomena that everyone recognizes?

Because it makes sense in the context of the time this movie takes place in

Thanks. I like the Quicksilver and X.

She looked terrible and her acting was just as bad. Her final moments were cool though

No mention of it.

They don't bring it up, but they make a blue skin joke.

Does apocalypse look like Ivan Ooze the entire movie?

I guess you could be right, I was too disappointed in the movie in general that I may have looked past her parts.

Yes
His face paint is the worst thing in the movie

He looked worse than jlaw.

I don't know what you all have against JLaw

I mean yeah she's a mediocre actress but half her role in these movies is just to walk around completely naked lookin thick

She doesn't look "thick" or whatever other buzzword you want to make up, she looks pudgy and flabby. At least that cunt from GoT makes her look better in comparison

Why the fuck is Angel a Horseman? Even after beefed up he isn't worth shit

49%

Let's not go that far user

Magneto/ storm were the only "worthy" horseman.

Storm didn't do shit either

Apocalypse has bretty shit taste.