/oasis/ general-Sup Forums:core edition

Time for the newest installment of Oasis general! As the official newest Sup Forumscore artist, this edition of /oasis/ general will be dedicated to discussing what makes Oasis so great. We'll discuss their best songs, albums, live performances, interviews and more!

RULES;
1. Friendo (tripfag) WILL show up. Under no circumstances should you reply to him.
2. In general, neets hate Oasis. They pride themselves on their music taste and it pains them to see people liking things they don't like. DON'T REPLY TO TROLLS
3. Stay on topic, we'll never convince elitist trolls that Oasis general should exist, so we just have to ignore them.

Let's go lads! I'll start by posting some rare Liams.

Other urls found in this thread:

m.youtube.com/watch?v=9jXhMsoqZLE
youtube.com/watch?v=vmM2FjI2yVY
youtube.com/watch?v=1FwV-jHNk1I
answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20080221145345AAZzWN6
youtube.com/watch?v=IqbPBWQNkzM
youtube.com/watch?v=0jfQ4q4Hfcc
youtube.com/watch?v=E4oR7bv9kF0
bbc.co.uk/music/articles/2868f61d-ea81-46b4-8c19-9fc4974ec359
youtube.com/watch?v=ERMBvx-zBB8
youtube.com/watch?v=6sRBR4lTyaM
youtube.com/watch?v=RN0qxI6OLFM
youtube.com/watch?v=wFfgMBTuv0w
youtube.com/watch?v=MSFsxFLPr3s
m.youtube.com/watch?v=98Z2vQDqpVw
youtube.com/watch?v=qaH2pbtEDck
youtube.com/watch?v=bx1Bh8ZvH84
youtube.com/watch?v=I5wStO_UQ9E
youtube.com/watch?v=wQlOlptCef8
theguardian.com/music/2013/jul/29/gary-glitter-royalties-oasis-1m
youtube.com/watch?v=94W5P6gIOY8
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Is it just one dude posting every oasis thread?

About bloody time

blur did it better

It doesn't matter how hard you meme this trash, it won't change the fact that they're objectively terrible.

What are your favourite Oasis moments?

>objectively terrible.
How so?

Oasis were Pearl Jam of britpop

GODLIKE GENIUS
m.youtube.com/watch?v=9jXhMsoqZLE

The Army of Oasis fans will never back down! Oasis is Sup Forumscore and rightfully so

post yer rare liams

>In general, normies like Oasis. They pride themselves on shit music taste and it pains them to see people disliking things they like.

Nice. Pearl Jam had some great albums

What's you favourite Oasis song? Mine's is Parklife.

Oasis were the Neutral Milk Hotel of britpop

Did what better? They sound nothing alike?

Wonderwall

Oasis is probably the only band I hate more than U2.

Disco 2000

youtube.com/watch?v=vmM2FjI2yVY

and the entirety of this

youtube.com/watch?v=1FwV-jHNk1I

also all the ridiculous shit they did during the 96 brit awards, but all the video footage of that has been scrubbed from youtube

liam is a national treasure

y do they have to gfight

They were kings in their day. They could fill a stadium of 60 million easy.

Why? Both are fine.

Guitar solo at the end of All Around the World
"Bound with all the weight of all the words...."
WELLLLLLLLL, WHAT'S THE STORY MORNING GLORY

Britain Still Love Oasis

they had 30000 audiences at their best

They were such a cute couple...

Japan Still Love Oasis

Come now lad, I can't give up all my rare liams in one thread!

this

They did on multiple occasions

>they had 30000 audiences at their best
Oasis at Knebworth House in August 1996. Literally 250,000 over two nights. 2.5 million people applied for tickets.

Watching one man trying to make Oasis core is pathetic

Objectively untrue.
answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20080221145345AAZzWN6

Oasis concert. too many people showed up. Tickets sold out in the first 10 seconds

they were the best band in the world, period.
>youtube.com/watch?v=IqbPBWQNkzM

antics?

youtube.com/watch?v=0jfQ4q4Hfcc

tunes?

youtube.com/watch?v=E4oR7bv9kF0

250 000 more like 25 000

Noel interviews where he shits on his own music
LITTLE BY LITTLE
Live Forever guitar solo
Riff in Cigarettes and Alcohol

Liam was like a fucking rap star, fucking arrogant cunt i still love him, Noel o the other side, is a true ,funny an smart rockstar

bbc.co.uk/music/articles/2868f61d-ea81-46b4-8c19-9fc4974ec359

Overflow crowd (these are the blokes who couldn't get in!). Main concert had 2.5 million people.

Not really. There are plenty of documented gigs where Oasis played to crowds way bigger than 25,000. Earls Court, Maine Road, Loch Lomond, Wembley, Slane Castle being the ones more well documented.

Being a Ameriburger, this was my first exposure to Oasis outside of a few songs they played on the radio.
youtube.com/watch?v=ERMBvx-zBB8

Blew me away, even missing a band member. Sounds way better without that dumb guitar intro.

Just had a Proustian moment about Knebsworth lad. If you weren't there you missed out on the peak of human culture.

"What Concert"
that nigga getting dragged
"You've got shit questions"

How can such a good get be so objectively wrong? Look up the stats mate

what a fucking chad

>youtube.com/watch?v=6sRBR4lTyaM

>youtube.com/watch?v=RN0qxI6OLFM

he's not like this anymore is he?

ARE YA MAD FER IT?

Oldfag here

Saw Oasis live in '97 on Be Here Now tour. Wembley Stadium in 2000 and 2008, Finsbury Park, City of Manchester Stadium and a few other times in arenas

Band of a lifetime. Defined an era. Defined a generation. The last truly huge Rock band before the internet came along and ruined the industry. It could never happen again.

For those who don't get it, there is nothing that can be said. For those who understand what Oasis were all about, the culture and time they represented and their message of unashamed working class optimism in the face of adversity.... Live Forever

OASIS

>tfw you wren't there

See, even David Letterman said they were great.

>were

Pic related is the pinnacle of British music, if not music in general

>Saw Oasis live in '97 on Be Here Now tour.
Me too. Great show, they were SO LOUD.

Cornershop opened and was boring as fuk

shit b8

>Being a Ameriburger, this was my first exposure to Oasis outside of a few songs they played on the radio.
Mine was the "Oasis: All Around the World/Live at GMEX" concert special they aired on MTV back in late '97 and in '98. Great shit.

memes aside, in all honesty, i like how apha this fuckrs where, today every "rock" band is jsut a bunch of upper middle-class nu-male losers singing about cringy beta bullshit

Nah, he's pretty chill these days.

youtube.com/watch?v=wFfgMBTuv0w

And from what I've heard he's actually always been pretty friendly towards fans, even back when he was regularly getting into physical altercations with the paparazzi and fighting with Noel onstage and whatnot.
Even in that second video you posted he takes the time to sign an autograph for that kid.

>b8
What?

b8 my arse

Where were you in '94?

THESE ARE CRAZY DAYS BUT THE MAKE ME SHEEEINNNNEEEEE

Be Here Now is amazing

Oasis were never big enough to play stadiums/arenas. Especially after their Wonderwall hype wore off in 1995.

the wonderwall FELL DOWN ON YOU
youtube.com/watch?v=MSFsxFLPr3s

They were alpha as fuck

This board is full of betas and cucks and that's objectively why they hate Oasis.

Nice meme, but it's already been addressed in this thread see

better than The Beatles
m.youtube.com/watch?v=98Z2vQDqpVw
>it doesn't matter if it's outta tune. it's a cool

underrated song
>youtube.com/watch?v=qaH2pbtEDck

Never see any love for this song, good lad.

This. Never again will a group of lads of a council estate ascend from the dole queue to biggest band on Earth in the space of less than 3 years. Real songs for real people...anthems.

Now its just floppy haired faggots in baggy girls sweaters playing Casio's and preening on Instagram. It wasn't even this bad during the "nu indie" boom of 2005-2007

>Oasis were never big enough to play stadiums/arenas. Especially after their Wonderwall hype wore off in 1995.

Oasis regularly filled stadiums and arenas in the UK and Europe all the way up until disbanding and they remained quite big in the US as well.
They filled up Madison Square Garden back in like 2005 or 2006, well after Wonderwall and Champagne Supernova stopped cluttering US airwaves.

YOUR LIFE IS SNEAKING UP BEHIND IT JUST WON'T LET YOU GO

>dat bridge

Ignore this stupid "Oasis were one-hit wonders who never sold out arenas" meme

It takes a simple Google search to see that Oasis are one of the biggest UK acts of all time

OASIS LOL a band that disappeared up their own assholes, they werent so much musicians as contortionists

Travis supported when I saw em. Knew they were gonna be big although I never rated em much

Oasis were more than a meme, they made a lot of people with shitty lives feel hopeful and optimistic again. They were huge, they defined a generation. Their music still resonates with me today

POST YOUR TOP 5 SONGS NOW;
>Some Might Say
>Stand By Me
>Supersonic
>Half the World Away
>Don't Look Back in Anger

>Oasis' bassist cites nervous exhaustion and quits the band
>the Gallaghers ask you to join their band and replace him
>do it
>play a handful of shows with the band just as they are on the verge of becoming the biggest band in the world
>stay in the band long enough to appear in the music video for their most well-known song
>decide that spending time with your girlfriend is more important to you than being in fucking Oasis circa '95
>quit in the middle of the tour, forcing the rhythm guitarist to take up bass duties
>start to realize what a terrible decision you've made by leaving the band
>call them and beg to be let back in
>they tell you to fuck off
>the bassist which you were supposed to be replacing in the first place recovers and rejoins the band

youtube.com/watch?v=bx1Bh8ZvH84

Is Scott McLeod the biggest idiot in pop music history?

STAND BY ME NOBODY KNOWOWOWOWOWSSSSSOWOWSSSS

An Evening with Noel Gallagher

youtube.com/watch?v=I5wStO_UQ9E

Good interview this. Nicky Wire joined him on stage to reminisce about Manics supporting Oasis on US tour. There is a story about Liam constantly insulting Mark Lannegan of Screaming Trees to the point he literally wanted to kill him one night whilst cracked off his tits

>POST YOUR TOP 5 SONGS NOW
impossible

True family, it rotates for me

>Soldier on
>Columbia
>Champagne Supernova
>Sunday Morning Call
>Roll It Over

Damon Albarn
Blur
Gorillaz
Everyday Robots

Without a doubt Damon Albarn
was a 1000 times more influential than either of the gallaghers. Longer lasting, more versatile, and more original. Compared to Noel or Liam, Damon is einstein

Ameriburger here. I was far to young to see Oasis in their prime, but I did see them on their last US tour at MSG. The newer material wasn't that good outside the singles and Liam's voice was just as fucked as it had been for the past decade, but still it was a fun time. I couldn't believe they would be done for less than a year later. "The Shock of the Lightning" was getting a TON of airplay on radio at the time which was the first time I had even heard a new song of theirs on the radio since "Lyla" and their first major rock/alternative radio hit since "Go Let it Out". The album also sold decently well in the states too. They were really starting to turn their career around here after completely falling off right after SOTSOG came out.

>youtube.com/watch?v=wQlOlptCef8
this songs makes me fucking cry

Ugh I saw Travis on their own tour a few years later.

Fucking awful.

OASIS LOVE GARY GLITTER
Remember the child molesting rocker
well this#
theguardian.com/music/2013/jul/29/gary-glitter-royalties-oasis-1m

>>stay in the band long enough to appear in the music video for their most well-known song
Wow I never noticed that, holy shit

Pretty much impossible to choose. However, top of my head.....

Top 5 Hits

DLBIA
Supersonic
Whatever
D'You Know What I Mean?
Champage Supernova

Top 5 Album Tracks

Hello
Columbia
Slide Away
Morning Glory
It's Getting Better (Man!!)

Top 5 B-Sides

Headshrinker
The Masterplan
Flashbax
Fade Away
Listen Up

I thought that was called The Girl Taking a Dirty Shit for a second there.

Good lad right here

Sound mate. Proper lads know the score

>Champage Supernova
technically an album track, but i'll let it slide

>being this obsessed with me

that would be patrician as fuck

No one knew that Glitter was a shrub rocketeer back then

>Top 5 B-Sides
>no Acquiesce

Yeah he's just loving all that money in prison.

Yeah I know but was released outside of UK as a single and its basically a single...if you know what I mean

underrated:
>youtube.com/watch?v=94W5P6gIOY8

why does oasis trigger Sup Forums drones so much?

ATTENTION ALL OASIS FANS, THIS IS IMPORTANT

Why the fuck are there so many Oasis posts on Sup Forums today? Not counting this one, someone is trying very hard to make Oasis look like a meme.

OASIS IS NOT A MEME

We love Oasis and we deserve to be on this board

nu males, oasis is too apha for them