Ask a guy who has 900 hours on DayZ anything

Ask a guy who has 900 hours on DayZ anything.

>Also general DayZ thread

how do you live with yourself knowing you bought something that was once free?

I'll begin.

THE ADVENTURES OF DR. AEROBE AND PRIVATE DINGLEDICK

>Be me
>Roamin' Berenzino with a fellow survivor
>At the police station
>Freshy runs into it
>tell him to put his hands up
>complies
>ask him to spell "color"
>he spells it without a u
>let him off with a warning

Why?? That game is still a buggy laggy piece of shit with barely any zombies at all. I still go back and play the Dayz mid on Arma from time to time. It's much better and free btw. DayZ Standalone was the biggest waste of money I ever spent on a game.

Cont

>We decide this is a good way to get freshies rounded up
>Camp out in an apt building where I can see the police station, buddy sits by the police station
>Two guys run in, freshies
>Same deal, put your hands up, etc
>They call bs on us having guns
>run upstairs
>shoot one
>other one eats my last bullet, begins whacking me with a garden hoe
>run down
>SHOOT THE FUCKER PRIVATE
>private dingledick shoots me 3 times in the confusion
>pissed
>he salines me, as the freshy escaped
>Bamby come sback some time later, calling us asshole
>boom boom

Mod*

Its a work in progress, and I have arma 2. DayZ standalone is just so different in player interaction, and interaction with the map, which makes it fun, and unique.

(but I will be a lot more happy when there are more vehicles, less laggy shit, etc. itll come, itll come.)

A work in progress? It's been in alpha development for going on 3 years! Even Dean Hall gave up on it. When will you? That game will never be finished or good because the engine just can't support everything dayz needs. The mod is way more challenging and fun. There's actual zombies in the game that sets a learning curve. In SA you just run around anywhere u want, can go full sprint thru any city and no zombies. So it's basically just a loot fest until u get eventually sniped by another player.

I felt like in dayz mod u actually have to try and take care of your life and in SA it's just a meme and you can get full gear in s matter of half an hour with little threat. Not to mention dayz SA lags so badly it's so frustrating and lame.

The fps is great now actually, never drops below 60 for me in towns, 120ish outside of towns

Cont
Now for the story of flash, god rest his soul

>see freshy run into police station
>same deal, put your hands up
>tries running out the front door
>nonono.jpg
>blast his goddamn kneecaps out
>hes unconcious
>tie him up
>saline him
>wakes up
>refuses to speak to us
>fine then
>"Private, try to go and find some bleach for him to drink."
>tried everything to get him to talk
>solid half hour of saying stupid shit to him
>finally, we give up
>give him morphine, let him run free
>check his pulse first
>his name is flash
>we follow him around
>try to say hi in spanish, russian, english, everything
>begin to make theories
>possible autist
>marina joyce?
>Dingle Dong asks me if we shoot shoot him
>no, we're in too deep
>he runs into a zombie
>gets hit
>begins bleeding
>we beg him to stop so we can bandage him
>doesnt stop
>"You may be the flash, but you cant run away from your problems"
>he passes out
>we thank god, begin to bandage him
>he dies
>inthearmsofangels.mp3

they have a new engine which is a lot better, a new renderer.

Tbh I don't feel like making this into a arma vs standalone thread, because they are two different unique games

DayZ standalone is an unfinished failure that will never become a finished game. It's been in alpha longer than many triple A games spent in development.

Fucking Yandere Simulator is moving faster than DayZ.

should I continue?

>It's a work in progress
u guys have been saying that for literally years. when will u accept that you have been cheated out of your money?

After 600 hours I still enjoy it, dont feel cheated at all

I don't feel cheated, I have fun playing it. Even if it were to be released as finsihed the way it is today, I would still have fun playing it. I understand it has its issues but I can look past them because the core of the game is fun. Can we stop dicking on standalone and just ask questions hahaha

U don't feel like making this into a SA vs. mod thread because the Dayz mod shit on standalone and everyone knows it. But u can't run and hide from the mod, since SA was born from it. Standalone is the mod's premature, severely autistic son.

Okay, you're right, dayz mod is better.

Lets continue.

Q and A baby

Do u normie fags ever play the mod? I'm guessing not since u love SA so much.

Yes, and I actively play the mod as well.

A dayz versus arma thing? There the EXACT same game. 1 with AI that are soldiers and 1 with zombies. Its based on the same engine! Dayz will neverbe finished.

i wish i had to drive to play it more. been a fan off/on since the mod.

i reinstall a few days ago.. FPS is awful, character stuck pointed straight up and spinning in circles constantly.

was like..god this is sad. and disconnected.

I played the mod, still do if I can find a decent server. the standalone is aight all you faggots need to stop hating, also its much better since the new renderer

I bought the game 3 years ago and now ur telling me to stop being a fag because it's finally playable?? Topkek!