Irrational fears thread

Irrational fears thread

Allright Sup Forums tell me your irrational fears.
For me, ever since I was a little kid I have been terrified of submerged manmade objects.Rotors, shipwrecks, even the chain that holds the buoy at the beach give me immense chills.I will dump my fear folder, tell me if those give you the creeps.

Other urls found in this thread:

neo.jpl.nasa.gov/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

i just am terrified of the open ocean. I love it and think the ocean is awesome and real interesting, but the thought of being out in open water and not being able to see the bottom or far ahead and being under the water in an ocean or lake scares the shit out of me. Guess i've got some thallasophobia.

Bumping for interest. I share your fear OP. As a kid I was always scared of getting too close to rotors a having some body part chopped off or just not being able to get on floating boats. Also big things in the sea are 3spuki5me

Awesome photos OP.

OH HELL NO

This one is actually from the Titanic

Fear of running out of oxygen in a room. There is no way of knowing how much oxygen is in the room you currently are in. At any minute it could run out, but we just keep on assuming it will always be there.

We go to sleep at night under the assumption of supply

This is actually pretty deep

Ever since I was a kid. Mirrors or other reflective surfaces used to fuck me up, especially at night. I feel that I have gotten over it for the most part, still really careful at night though.

I have this too!!! WHAT IS THIS!

someone died in the ocean past life

Reminds me of pic related.

lollll

mad afro

crack the window

A megatsunami.

Pale people. Like gingers

nigga this is just jacob's well. it's like 20 ft deep nothing to be scared of. Its in waco i think

A planet smashing into the earth or the moon falling. I'm so fucking terrified that this shit will happen.

I'm at your window user

people with no eyebrows, or eyebrows that match the color of their skin. freaks me the fuck out for some reason. i just cant stop staring

niggers

I also have this phobia. I don't know how to describe it to people. I don't know what it is about floating above something manmade but it freaks me out

Man i got some shit like that, like im scared of oceans and seas because its huge waves sometimes and the depth.
Dont laught but when i shower im afraid to close my eyes because i think that i will fall into ocean at night and ill get eaten by sharks, also sharks omg

I know this thread is about irrational fears, but goddamn user...

Escalators terrify me, just seems like an awful way to get around. Have had friends try to get me up one and I legit have panic attacks.

Also plugging in sketchy looking outlets and plugs, traumatic experience as a kid started that. I have to get others to plug into outlets that "don't look right" to me. Or I have to shut off the house grid entirely if I'm alone. Yeah, it's fucking pathetic.

And last I'd say parasites make me break out in hives just seeing it on a screen or something. I'm always weary about them. Ick.

You have submechanophobia. So do I.
If something else scares you like dark undersea monsters or things that lurk in the deep, that's thassalophobia. Both fuck me up pretty badly when I'm playing some video game and have to go under water. All started with that Damn eel in super Mario 64.

i feel you user, did you see that meteor that almost crashed into the earth like 5 times? it almost killed us i think.
check out everything that passes close to the earth neo.jpl.nasa.gov/

Unless you sleep in a room that is completely sealed in, you have nothing to worry about

Holy fuck MODS can we please ban this 4 year-old?

1. fear of sharks in swimming pools
2. fear of food "running ou" (ie cheeseburgers)

I am scared of randomly being killed from behind if anyone i dont completely trust is behind me ill turn around every few seconds to check what they are doing

shut up man its some scary shit

You realize you probably have some parasites in your large intestine that just hang out and suck your shit right?

Fuck you all. Dumping.

Same with the underwater crap. Bump

spoopy

Just imagine being in that cockpit

I hate this picture so much.

I'm afraid of people throwing grated cheese at me when I sleep, believe it or not.

Bathroom fans scare the shit out me, especially when they're loud. Also, the big ass fans at IKEA. Big areas with little things in them freak me out too, like a big, white bathroom with only a toilet and sink. Ugggghhh

Not even irrational after seeing all the rekt threads where innocent people get shot or throat-slit from behind for no reason.

Im with you on that one man

>fear of niggers is irrational
No it's only irrational fears

Whiskey Town Lake. Heh heh heh.

I've always wondered about this phenomenon. ... if grandpas DNA can give me brown hair can it also give me ancestral memories and so also irrational fears?

Pretty cool though

Manikins

escalators

i can walk downstairs i dont need some track to carry me

Like maybe gramps or great gramps almost drowned

this is some nightmare fuel right here

FUCK.

OP if u like scary games you should definitely play Soma

These don't scare me at all, probably because I have been diving before.
I found a car at the bottom of a lake once and it WAS pretty scary. I went inside through the broken windows, but there was no skeleton in it, just rusty stuff and dirt.
After that it turns into a cool thing to tell and it's not scary anymore. Would visit pretty much all the places ITT

Same

Had same thing with the sharks in swimming pool until I realized it's completely autistic... Also fuck autocorrect

What can I say, I've feared this shit since I was a kid~

Fuck! Yeah I know user cheers for the link

there is a webm of a guy getting hit by this thing

I have this fear too, but it gives me a rush. There was a huge shipwreck near my family cottage in the early 1900s, it was a lumber boat so there are huge pieces of lumber on the lake floor, leading up to scattered pieces of the hull. In the 50s, a guy tried to explore the shipwreck and drowned. I like getting close, but never touching the shipwreck. The water in the lake is very clear, so you can see a lot.

It's just a fucking plastic ball of air...

...but fuck me, it's unsettling.

Huge whales make me piss..

Megalophooobia

What the fuck was that?

my heart would rupture out of my fucking chest and I would've gotten mad

for some people, it's just diving to see twisted metal

cliche but sometimes I'm terrified of the dark. sometimes i turn off the lights and instantly feel a shadow hovering over me start seeing these forms all over the room staring at me. only happens when I'm alone. literally makes my heart race and i have to turn on some light to make them stop. idk if they're in my head. i'm not crazy i don't think.

as a kid i was scared of house fires and also being buried alive. had a lot of dreams about that. one day i found these weird chinese balls with bells in them. you're supposed to hold them and make a wish, then put them under your pillow and sleep on them. i wished i wasn't scared of those things any more. i woke up and literally never thought about fires or being buried alive again.

the fear of darkness is recent. maybe the last 1-2 years. something specific happened i think it triggered it but it's a long story i don't feel like typing, unless someone asks me.

Every fucking thread on this board is copy pasta. What's the point ...

spooked

what happens if u fall ther

i dont get it

When I take a shit I'm scared that s spider that was in the bowl will try to crawl up my arse.

holy shit balls

what is this pic? looks nuts

lol i have had this fear before

It is an overflowing dam, too much rain and not enough water was released in time, usually a lot of cities and villages get flooded this way.

Jesus this shit triggers me and Im grandpa tier old

Everyone here has a fear of abandoned ships and shit. I'm just sitting here with my fear of bathroom fans and big areas will small things

Terrified of plane turbulence. I know it can't knock us out of the sky but for some reason it's fucking terrifying

had that with eels when i was little

If you think about it, planes are scary. The only thing keeping you afloat is 2 big ass engines in the side of a plane

i have the same fear of underwater objects and props . a small ruber boat and a fish finder cured it after 2 years

GOGOGOGO

I also have a fear of the dark. Started when I was real young. My dad owned a restaurant off the side of a highway, not in the middle of nowhere, but in between some larger towns. Occasionally I would go downstairs to the walk in freezer/fridge and have to grab something. There was only like 4 lights for a 1000+ sq. ft. basement, plus whatever lights were in the fridge/freezer.

I remember going down one night with my dad right after we were closed (10ish PM) and helping him bring some stuff upstairs or something. Once I had my back turned, I heard him sprint away and run up the stairs. Then he turned out the lights. I screamed, naturally and thought I was going to be ripped apart by something lurking behind the storage area for holiday decorations. Turns out I didn't die but scary shit. Sometimes while down there, the compressor for the freezer would turn on and scare the ever loving fuck out of me. Getting ice from the ice machine was also terrifying since it was next to the compressor and in a direct line of sight from between the gap between the one wall and and the freezer, about 3-4 feet wide of total darkness.