youtube.com/watch?v=TkZFWr0vR8Q
memory-alpha.wikia.com/wiki/Klingonese#petaQ
twitter.com/AnonBabble

>Released less than an hour ago with no promotion

>logo trailer

Oh wow. It's nothing.

>I CAN'T STAND IT doesn't start playing
It's shit

Jesus Christ, not even a teaser is supposed to be this vague. Remove the logo and this could be a teaser for literally anything remotely sci-fi

Fucking hell lads I'm teased

Please fuller save star trek you're our only hope.

>nothing
>adds extra edges to the r in star trek
yes finally

A teaser is meant to tease, this is just a logo. A logo that shows nothing about what the new series will be about.

The original theme is enough for me to get hyped.

Friendly reminder that Dukat did nothing wrong.

yes caving to the demands of the internet is a good sign.

Fucking SJWs ruining another beloved franchise. Just fucking disgusting.

This is literally what I expected to hear

>Crews
Anthology confirmed
It's gonna be DOA

>new villains
WTF? Trek was never about the villains. That's some JJ shit...

Also it's worrying how it starts filming this fall and is supposed to be released the following January.

>"Oh cool, they are finally bringing back proper Trek"
>Immediately has dis-jarring CGI of the galaxy
>Dead Vulcan, so it's set in JJ Trek

JUST.

good teaser. shouldve stopped with the dings and omitted the rest of the old music

Why are there no female Cpt. Kirk?

Good point. Would be perfectly happily with just Romulans, Klingons, and Cardassians.

voyager was pretty much villain of the week.

>Trek was never about the villains

>They fucked up the Starfleet insignia

JUST TREK MY SHIT UP FAMILIA

>muh sjw boogeyman sieg heil trump 2016!

>Exclusive webseries

>More Abrams-verse shit

Thanks CBS!

>shows absolutely buttfuck christ shitting nigger cunt all

I was joking.

But that's probably what the new show will be chocked up to be.

>new look at its upcoming Star Trek series for digital platform CBS All Access.

fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck.

>Mudd did nothing wrong

TOS is garbage.

Ok buddy. Sure.

Which is funny, because Star Trek was basically the original SJW series. It featured forced groundbreaking diversity quotas (Asian/black/female crew members, etc) and storylines that regularly served as metaphors for contemporary race, gender, and social issues. Sup Forums of the 1960s would likely have a complete hernia watching it.

That's what you get when they're releasing it on some weird platform.

This actually generates a whole more buzz than teasing the shit out of anyone for days.

Look at 10 Cloverfield Lane.

Why do people think that's Vulcan? Or am I forgetting something?

TOS isn't garbage but it's definitely overrated these days. It's all people care about; the spinoffs don't exist.

the original series is surprisingly good. the pilot isnt great, but somehow, the rest is pretty good. towards the end it gets quite a bit bad. they even had an episode about jesus and shit. terrible. overall not bad though

It was the first thing to come to mind senpai. The makers must have realised that too.

What the fuck are you talking about? The only Star Trek that ever gets talked about is TNG. Fuck TNG.

The theme felt odd.

Frankly, this was a better teaser.
youtube.com/watch?v=TkZFWr0vR8Q
No stupid voice over
Mistery
Payoff at the end.

Wasn't Abrams Vulcan sucked into a black hole at its core. So like, theres literally nothing left?

If its abramsverse im not touching this now matter how comfy it might be

>battered old rusted logo
>division in logo between star and trek

What does it mean, big troubles for the federation in being outdated?

JJ Abrams really completely fucked Star Trek over.

might be praxas? Klingon moon from ST6?

It's not Abrams Verse and it's not a third continuity IRA . It's prime universe.

> teaser
> literally nothing other than the name and logo, both of which were already publicly available

Jesus fuck.

oh come on, star trek fucked itself way before Abrams came.
>Generations sucked
>First contact sucked
>Insurrection was a 2 part episode and it sucked
>Nemesis killed the whole franchise to the point of cancelling Enterprise when it was getting better.

Hollywood fucked Star Trek, it should've never made those movies.

Anyway, there's a big rumor that the new series will be in the Prime Universe just after ST6.

>Building a fucking starship on earth

wewlad

oh fuck this

>tfw we will be dead before there are orbital shipyards for reals

I have no idea why it was built completely on the ground already assembled. I guess they needed visuals for the general public.

>Prime Universe just after ST6.
>
>might be praxas? Klingon moon from ST6?

There are worrisome parts of this teaser that are suggestive of what's to come.
I'll start.
>New Crews
Multiple crews. How are we to get any character development out of a show if it's just one season or one episode even of a single crew? How can we have any emotional or moral attachment to the level that we would've with past characters who evolve over years?
>New Villains, New Heroes
They are emphasizing "bad guys" and "good guys" to the watcher like this is something that wouldn't be an inherent part of any drama. Oh wow, you are tell me there will be NEW Protagonists and NEW Antagonists??!!
By god, this is good news, I had hoped for only OLD things and COMFORTABLY NOSTALGIC characters.
>The font of Star Trek and the Starfleet emblem / symbol
Yes, it can be very indicative of things to come, the font on the words "Star Trek" are sharp and metallic looking and the emblem looks like a shiny golden / copper planar board with integrated circuits. The font doesn't have a swooping characteristic or minimalism or classical pose. It looks like something you'd see on any action-drama / SyFy exclusive movie.

I'm not hyped in anyway and I had to go get some Visine for all those random lens flares as we scurried past torn up planets and an exploding star.

I have a bad feeling about this.

of course Sup Forums and r3ddit talk about TNG
but normies and casual fans only care about TOS

>I have a bad feeling about this.
that's star wars

>saying first contact sucked

You absolute madman

Nah, Sup Forums has moved on

ENT is the new hotness

>but normies and casual fans only care about TOS
These are also casual AARP members and casual pensioners and casual bingo players and casual...

>I have a bad feeling about this.

Ditto. Not gunna get my hopes up at all.

>cancelling Enterprise when it was getting better.

Still bitter about it, senpai.

Overall, Enterprise was a 7/10 series.

I CAN'T STAND IT

K
N
O
W

Y
O
U

P
L
A
N
N
E
D

I
T

Still better than Voyager.

The only reason they say TOS is because it's a cultural icon, they probably have barely got through a single episode. Most only claim they are fans because it's in Bazinga.

>Fucking SJWs ruining another beloved franchise.

You know that the 1960s equivalent of fedora-tippers frequently belittled the original Trek as not "real" sci-fi because of its large female fanbase? Meanwhile, those female fans saved the franchise several times with letter-writing campaigns, identified one of the most infamous fanfiction character tropes (the Mary Sue), turned conventions into a THING, and got a goddamn space shuttle named Enterprise.

That's a hollowed out empty planet with a super hot star in the center, i.e. a planet that just got compressed by a black hole. JUST.

See above. There's no reason to show something like that in the trailer unless it's exactly what you think it'd be.

Yeah, you have no idea.
I fucking grew up watching Quantum leap, having Scott Bakula playing the Captain was awesome for me.

The Third and Fourth season were the best Enterprise had to offer, even if it kinda screwed the canon a bit.

Literally modern college tier sets but even colleges get better wardrobes.
There are two big aspects of why I was capable of even getting through the series.
>Kirk, Bones, Spock
Good actors, great chemistry
>Some of the scripts were very groundbreaking conceptually

Otherwise, it's extremely dated. To the point that my own father wasn't even alive when it was first aired.

I GOT FAITH
OF THE HEART

Disagree.

Voyager was 8/10 with overall series.

ENT: 7/10
VOY: 8/10
DS9: 4/10
TNG: 5/10
TAS: 4/10
TOS: 6/10

I'll be happy if I end up with Hannibal : Space, I'm not betting on getting anything near TOS, TNG or DS9.
Beautiful shots, babble about right and wrong and ayyy lmaos, please

is this bait?

They also more or less invented shipping with Kirk/Spock

This is latinum-tier bait

You're saying it didn't?
It forced Picard to be an action hero and fucked his character development beyond recognition.
Half the cast was also taken out of the whole drama because the fuck I know.

>DS9: 4/10
Nigga I'll cut you.

Nope. Deep space 9 was terrible.
TNG had SO MANY snoozefests. It's a shame since the best episodes of trek are from TNG.

>just the logo
>no footage at all due to there being none at all

Nothing to see bro.

Here we go again with people at each others throats over opinions on what shows they enjoyed.

>complains about snoozefests
>rates VOY above TOS and ENT

PLANNED OUTCOMES
ORCHESTRATED EVENTS

Probably different ships and interwoven storylines that could turn into spin offs if it does well enough.

stop enjoying things

Please go back where you came from.

Welcome to /stg/, enjoy your stay, you p'takh

>p'takh

Where's Okrand-user to slit your throat for not spelling it right, you filthy petaQ

Stop getting mad

No.

>It's an anthology series
>The Starfleet logo signifies damage to the Federation
>The Star Trek title actually tells the story of the seris before it's out
>Starts out with a clean Starfleet S
>Classic Trek T
>Disjointed A
>Next Gen R
>Borg/Voyager T
>The extra sharp R signifies muh resurgance
>E looks fucked up, something happens to the Federation
>K looks like a Klingon mek leth
>Yfw each season is going to take place one generation after the next, until the show turns into some shitty BSG grit-Trek where the Federation is destroyed by muh Klingons

Cap this shit niggers. Also:

>I guarantee you cold hard cash there are going to be more female captains than males
>At least one gay/lesbian captain
>Muslim captain that is either a descendant, or forebear of Bashir
>INTER SPECIES EPISODES
>"Not all Klingons are blood thirsty!" speech
>Remnants of the Borg will be allowed to live on some secluded planet, because they are now just noble refugees!
>Cardassian Nazi shits
>WW2 temporal episodes are now going to be set in Afghanistan
>Trump bashing
>Obama will appear in the intro in some shitty time-lapse of Earth's history
>The only white men on the show are going to be disposable red shirts, or traitors

ACKSHUALLY...

memory-alpha.wikia.com/wiki/Klingonese#petaQ

>Muslim captain that is either a descendant, or forebear of Bashir
>INTER SPECIES EPISODES
Are you mad because Julian banged Jadzia?

TELL ME ABOUT YOUR SEXUAL ORGANS, HUMON!

>PLAY TEXAS HOLDEM HUMOON!
What did he mean by this?

I mean REALLY nasty inter-species shit, like the only white girl who is a senior officer is going to be banging a black Bynar or something.

Hmm. The logo looks to be in the same ultra-futuristic style of the Enterprise J timeline in ST:E. Could this mean it's set in the 26th century?

Like Worf banging Jadzia?

Neither of them are human.

i want to see a pirate star trek. asteroid miner guy finds a fully working lost starship. crew was killed by one of the many dangers of space. he takes it and goes on adventures and picks up crew here and there and is on the run from the federation once they find out hes got one of their ships. i guess it would be like voyager except good