Which is Radioheads best song and why is it Reckoner?

Which is Radioheads best song and why is it Reckoner?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=DTZt6Dzkq6w
youtube.com/watch?v=RUmmsMeHAaE
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

because its pretty good

It's because we separate like ripples on a blank shore.

>Not How I Made Millions

In reddit is a meme level album

> not Weird Fishes / Arpeggi
> not Videotape

discarded

It's actually These Are My Twisted Words, only true patricians realize this.

1. Reckoner
2. Motion Picture Soundtrack
3. Life in a Glasshouse
4. Lucky
5. Myxomatosis

Where is A Wolf at the Door?

6. Pulk/Pull Revolving Doors
7. Street Spirit
8. A Wolf at the Door
9. Present Tense
10. Bloom

You misspeled Pyramid Song

Reckoner is literally Tycho tier plebeian shit. One of their worst songs.

Knives Out. The fading in and out guitar interplay is sexy as fuck and the lyrics are probably among their most explicitly bleak. I dunno, I really fucking like that song.

It's Weird Fishy Wishies, but Reckoner is top 5 for sure.

1. Weird Fishes/Arpgeggi
2. How to Disappear Completely
3. Paranoid Android
4. Reckoner
5. Last Flowers

Pyramid Song and No Surprises come close too

1. How to Disappear Completely
2. Idioteque
3. Pyramid Song
4. Paranoid Android
5. Let Down or No Suprises

you are objectively correct

not even the best song on the album desu
best song is You and Whose Army or There There

>pulk/pull not on first place
>being this pleb

its not, its the pre-in-rainbows version of videotape

youtube.com/watch?v=DTZt6Dzkq6w

Creep

Videotape is underrated

>not videotape

Why do people overhype Street Spirit so much? It's decent, but definitely not one of their best songs.

youtube.com/watch?v=RUmmsMeHAaE
this video literally ruined reckoner for me

wtf i love gnarls barkley now

Me too

Life in a Glasshouse. Radiohead at peak inventiveness and creativity. They should have gone further and created some Mingus meets Eno Jazz album with Thom's twisted lyrics on top and it would've been properly seminal. But we got HTTT instead...

>not early version of videotape

The only objectively correct answer is Stop Whispering. Everyone who disagrees is either an obscurefag or a pleb or both.

Airbag.

Fucking sublime. Shit.

> not rough audio of thom york humming videotape while taking a dump

>But we got HTTT instead

That's my favorite album of theirs so I see nothing wrong with this.

> not liking HTTT

2deep4u kid

It's fine but they were capable of greater things at that time I reckon. I think they got too scared or uncomfortable with the route Amnesiac went down and revisited safer territory for HTTT

RRREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Decent, but overembellished IMO. I think the studio version is more funereal in its starkness, which fits the narrative of the song better. For all the shit Videotape sometimes gets, I have never heard a song more fitting of the term "closer" from the band. Its place as the final track is absolutely perfect, and for me having all of this extra instrumentation would've stripped it of some of its power. I feel similarly about The Gloaming between its studio version and its overwrought live rendition, or how True Love Waits ended up on AMSP. Sometimes, more can be said with less and I think Videotape is one of those times.

1. In Limbo
2. Everything in its Right Place
3. You and Whose Army
4. Knives Out
5. Did they have any other great songs???

in limbo is my favourite as well, always thought that i was alone with it

Everything in its Right Place
Pyramid Song
Reckoner
Sit Down. Stand Up.
Climbing Up The Walls

in that order. everything else is bullshit.

>Pyramid Song
>i have no music taste, but le exotic piano meter

Reckoner is a decent song. The final section is the only genuinely great part though.

If you're trying to act high-brow over Radiohead, then you're probably the one with no "music taste".

>reckon

>no u
What more could I expect from a pleb.

Really? Cause you're the one speaking in Sup Forums memes instead of actually discussing anything.

Either way I would love to knock every last one of your faggot teeth down your throat in front of your bitch parents. You're a faggot.

anybody who has motion picture soundtrack in their top3 is a friend of mine

I only liked season 1 because it didn't have those annoying laugh tracks

>not separator

Haha nice meme! You forgot to pair it up with green text though!

Fuck off you dumb boy. I would fuck you up. You probably can't even overhead press your body weight. You're a pussy bitch and you have shit taste. Don't respond to this post. I won't see it.

I never really got the hype for Life in a Glasshouse. It's a great song but the lyrics don't really leave any impact on me.
Maybe I'm just a fucking idiot though, it did take me a while to understand Let Down.

what the fuck was his problem?

le italian pedo only gave the radioheads a 7!

>Literally says he lifts more than anyone else
>Literally says he would fight people on the internet

You honestly can't make this dumb shit up

It summed up perfectly how we felt at the end of the Bush administration.

1. I might be wrong
2. Planet telex
3. Lucky
4. Codex
5. Nude

out of the lists posted, I think i agree with this one the most, the first song i thought of upon reading the title was Everything in its Right Place, even if its probably not the one i'd end up choosing.

The outro to Reckoner is easily one of the most beautiful moments in music. Top 5 Radiohead song in my opinion.

all ya'll are total faglords. so many variations on this list between people and you all know that your favorites change constantly. top 10 list ain't static when it comes to radiohead. when you first got into them I guarantee your list was different than it is now. so suck 10 dicks and quit arguing.

with that being said the only list that is correct really makes sense is:

1: Karma Police
2: Lotus Flower
2: Reckoner
3: Weird Fishes / Arpeggi
4: In Limbo
5: Jigsaw
6: Burn the Witch
7: Deck's Dark
8: Climbing up the Walls
9: Nude
10: All I need
10: 15 Step
10: Everything in it's Right Place
10: How to Disappear Completely
10: Separator

Really don't know how to fit AMSP in there though because it's too new. Those listings might be wrong.

Reckoner definitely has an interesting effect on people. I've played it for a lot of pleb friends who aren't that into music and literally all of them have at some point told me they thought Reckoner was the greatest song they've ever heard. Outside of that I've met people who were already into Radiohead and they made similar statements about it being transcendent in one way or the other. The most surreal was at a bar in Kuala Lumpur where I said what the heck and threw it in my set as a cover. I was sure nobody knew what I was playing but then this one Arabic guy sitting way off in the corner told me it was his favourite song and he was really surprised I played it.

I think the odd drum pattern really sets the stage for the whole thing. The guitar tone is excellent just like the tones on the rest of the album. I also think that humans are partial to that interval. You hear it on so many songs and it always gets a reaction out of people but also sounds corny and kitschy most of the time. They use it in an interesting way in this song with the slight swing in the rhythm but I think sound is key too and they nailed it with the guitar tone. Also the bridge section is so harmonically beautiful, they move from weird chord to weird chord and make it sound oddly serene. Also, the melody for the vocal line is pretty genius and Thoms falsetto is the best it's ever been and completes that profound atmosphere this song has. All that would be enough but then Thom goes ahead and pens probably his best lyrics to date imo. It's a good song, I like it.

Seriously wtf this is sick

Life In A Glasshouse
Videotape
Present Tense
There, There
Lucky
Nude

If your favorite Radiohead song is on this list then you are certified patrician otherwise you might as well not even listen to them desu

I love it because of its relative simplicity desu, it comes at the very end of Radiohead's most harrowing and bleak album and after the horrifying climax of Like Spinning Plates you get this weird relaxed synth opener as a sort of come-down and then you get this bizarre drunken funeral march of a song. Something about its placement on the album and the way the lyrics and his pained delivery of the ONLY ONLY ONLY line go with the actual chords and music turns it into something greater than the sum of its parts, so that even though it sounds very simplistic and shallow on the surface it has a lot of depth and sadness to it that not many of their others have. That's a poor explanation but it's about as close as I can get. Gives me goosebumps every time

>Not loving every version of Videotape for its own unique qualities
>Not realizing that each version fits perfectly in the context of its performance and there's no point in comparing them
Ultimate pleb opinion desu

i like karma olice lol

Shut up you insufferable fag

triggered?

worst list posted so far

fight me irl

>What is 15 Step
>What is Life In a Glasshouse
>What is Packt Like Sardines in a Crushd Tin Box

Radiohead songs

Season 1 was trash

NO
no it was not
I do not agree with you

Staircase

Nude
Street Spirit (Fade Out)
How To Disappear Completely
Bodysnatchers
Life In A Glass House

Am I a weirdo fuck freak for not liking A Moon Shaped Pool? I listened to it for the first time in a while last night, and while I like it more now than when it first came out, it doesn't really do it for me like other RH records.

The only songs I find myself going back to are Burn the Witch, Daydreaming, and True Love Waits. There aren't many songs on that album that stand out to me

highly surprising you don't like deck's dark. can't think of a single normie that thinks that song isn't good

Yeah I guess it wasn't that bad

yes yes yes i love you man

That list is fucking atrocious though.