>how have you changed as a person this year

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=bWIkqEnVG8I&t=0s
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

>>how has your music taste changed this year

got much more into jazz and classical

>>how have you changed as a person this year

made some new friends, got a job, overcame a lot of social anxiety

My favorite genre went from country to rock to metal to grunge to blues and now power pop. I listen to more jazz, post punk, and emo than I used to.

As a person I've always tried being "funny" to make up for my lack of personality and being ugly so that hasn't changed. I'm really into conspiracy theories now, even ones I don't believe. I've been fluctuating levels of Catholic since I was 13. Oh and I went from gf to that feel when no gf.

Started on the Beatles ended in Tim hecker

Shit, I didn't read the "year" part and ended up giving my life story.

remembered why i love weird doom metal so much, rediscovered sleep and om and spirit caravan and the sort, also returned to gorillaz

concussion from falling down the stairs, gave up weed, planted some trees, detached myself from politics, new friends from a pizzeria

Started to move away from metal and branch out to find gold in every genre.
Finally made a RYM, moved to Burnaby/Vancouver, became a meme on Sup Forums.
>made some new friends, got a job, overcame a lot of social anxiety
Good job, user.

>became a meme?

Tell me some conspiracy theories user

>how has your music taste changed this year

got into kpop, but other than that i've been searching for new things less and less - just relying on old favorites

>how have i changed

i've become more motivated to actually do something after working 60 hours a week for like 3 months now. it blows

i'm more lonely tho but i'm working on that too

it didn't

i didn't

not that user but look up how many people go missing in the us national parks

Look up what's happening in Antarctica

1 year ago I was a pop punk pleb

I listen to sunn O))) and harsh noise now

>I listen to sunn O))) and harsh noise now
Noice.

Neither changed. Nothing has ever changed.

Broke up with my long term gf 4 months ago and have been getting back into the old depressing music I used to listen to, I'm in the comfy zone

You know noise doesn't have to be harsh.
Also you could open up to ambient as well as Sunn O)))

Stopped enjoying video games, fixed my diet, got fit.

Switched from King of Limbs to Pablo Honey.

I listened to a lot of trendy hip hop. Seems to have been a fairly cool thing to like in the last few years. Mostly just mediocrity and exploration for the sake of it.
But then Merzbow and Boris released another record, so a lot of my time was spent on that.
Became a father.

I finally caved to the Sup Forums obsession with Brian Wilson and listened to some Beach Boys. Fucking fantastic. I've listened to almost nothing but the Beach Boys since March.

pls send help

>Music Taste
It's changed a decent amount. I started browsing here in February. I've been getting into a lot of Alternative, Post-Rock, Jazz, and Psychedelic Rock

>As A Person
I've become far more introverted. Funny thing is, it's not because of Sup Forums. I moved at the beginning of the year to a small town in Montana. I don't know what it is but ever since I moved here I haven't really felt the need for friends.

2016 kinda sucked ass.

Started listening to Nick Cave

Trying to be more caring and feeling toward others

>Became a father.
Congrats. I hope everything is going well. Make sure they grow up patrician.

>how has your music taste changed.
Got in too death grips powers that b last year on chirstmas
And that started the downward spiral, now im listing too xiu xiu and black dice.
>how has your personality changed.
Deppresion got really bad towards the start of the year, now im working and feel really confident as a person.

The Residents

Hasn't progressed at all to be honest. But I did listen to 3 or 4 bjork (the real queen of Sup Forums) albums and enjoyed them. So that's an achievement.

>music taste
got into essential shoegaze and some lofi stuff. Also some rap which i never expected. used to be a strictly emo and math rock guy

>Personal life
Got a girlfriend at the end of 2015 and my 2016 was spent dealing with her depression issues. it got pretty bad to the point of seeing a therapist. would probably rather be a virgin still. but ya know im good

youtube.com/watch?v=bWIkqEnVG8I&t=0s

I finally got around to buying vinyl. I'd also say I listen to more albums now.

I became more independent. I got promoted to full-time at my job and moved into an apartment.

Having a daughter kind of makes that difficult. Not even joking...

I've gotten into emo and I've gotten sadder
I think I'm spotting a pattern

>music
kinda got into post hardcore stuff and noise, still into shoegaze and slowcore

>person
got depressed,broke up with my ex bf,moved out of home, started studying science of art and data processing, blocked my ex, still depressed, got better tho
Going to a music radio event from my uni tomorrow though, so thats a plus

Google seth rich bra
Also that breitbart tweet abt john podesta and how breitbart's coroner died
Also the killing of allende if you want some verified, respectable in lib arts colleges shit

>music taste
Moved slightly away from Death Metal and towards Black Metal

Also started listening to Andrew Jackson Jihad

>Personal life
All my friendships turned to shit and I hate myself

Regained my enjoyement of music. I'm still not in my best level of appreciation, but I made significant progress. Got more into the contemporary progressive electronics thing that have been growing lately.

Started working out, signed up to rejoin uni, got less depressed. Actually, I started to enjoy many things again, not only music.

>All my friendships turned to shit and I hate myself

Im sorry user :c
But dont hate yourself!

What do you mean?

I started listing to emo punk rock and now I wanna' kill my self.

got into acid techno and minimal techno, that's about it really

Finally started delving into electronic music,Future Funk is my jam forever.

Broke up with my gf of two years but also adopted a kitter :3

>Started pirating music daily, mostly shit from sharethreads, sub genres of vaporwave, and black metal
>Fell in love, lost twenty pounds, formulated a plan for next three years of career and education, currently in process of moving cross country
Besides the awful shit that happened in the rest of the world, this year has treated me well.

I'm an awful curmudgeon when it comes to music and usually listen to the same 15-20 albums all year every year depending on the season.

This year I did branch out and get into some new music (free jazz) for the first time in many years. Coltrane's Meditations really resonated with me and I feel that within a few years it will be one of my all-time favs.

Started getting more into music late last year and found out/ heard a lot of the more popular artists.

Got my first official job this year, signed up for the military, and I'm caring more about my appearance as well. Down side is I went on this site.

Limiting myself to twenty artists with at least one album in the top one hundred albums of all time for now. Best Ever Albums is my source for music rankings. Did my research and realized Beck is a talentless hack after being a die hard fan for some months.

Been widely praised for my political opinions and public speaking. Told by several attractive females that I should be a politician or the president in the future. Told I should become a public speaker by someone much more outgoing than me. Gotten a lot of people who I do not know to know me due to my sudden notoriety. Trying to get myself out there now. Nearly got voted Most Likely To Change The World for Senior Superlative. Got some girls to like me due to my mini fame. Yeah, my life has changed a lot. Thanks family and Moby.

>tfw I'm cursed to derail every thread every time without failure

Why do you only listen to critically acclaimed artists though

I've kind of got more normie over the last year. Both in music and personality. I got into a really good program at my university, so I'm really busy (thus no time/motivation to branch out in music tastes) and spend a lot of time around normies. I recently gained the inability to listen to anything sad, because the moment I do, I become sad. so I've been avoiding a lot of good music to keep my spirits up. I really got into the beach boys, but only their up beat stuff. Like I downloaded pet sounds but I can only listen to wouldn't it be nice because I really identify with the rest of the album's lyrics and they just make me feel inadequate and sad. So yeah, if anyone has any happy music they want to recommend, i'd be down.

Yeah dog, I have no idea what you mean.

I started listening to autechre even more and got a fantastic gf (I'm not sure there isn't a causal link between the two)

joined Sup Forums, got into cute indie pop music

>how have you changed as a person
started to be more proactive in making and maintaining friendships, went on my first almost-date ever, in all i'm getting closer to contentment with my social skills

I'm still into jazz, hip-hop and psychedelic stuff

I get the most out of them, user.
That's simply it.

>Music
Start of the year I listened to sad, comfy stuff like HANL, Giles Corey, Slowdive, and Duster.
Then I got into Electric Wizard and Black Sabbath, then Broken Social Scene and Pet Sounds. Lately I haven't felt much of anything so it's mostly been pretty accessible stuff like Smashing Pumpkins, I've also been trying to get into death and black metal.
>Life
Went to college, pretty shit, uneventful, no friends.