What is Sup Forumss opinion on skateboarding?

What is Sup Forumss opinion on skateboarding?

Quick bump

Bump with ass OC of my ex

Was cool in the 90s, now its just sad

fun
u
c
k

I hate the mentality of it today. Seems all kids care about now is just recording themselves doing this, doing that, gets old. I guess i grew up having a mentality of just going out and skating, not caring about who saw it. But i still enjoy it.

i cant do it
so its gay

fuck the thread but more of your ex pls

I like skateboarding. but im 24 and unemployed.

Skateboarders are assholes. Always jumping and grinding on railings and public installation. No respect for property.

I disagree with you, but nice dubs

I agree with the mentality of it being shit these days, but i think thats the way most things are going

Initial D is better

its boring
its autistic.
if childish

Used to skate alot, I had friends to skate with, to school and back to home. in free time we would practice ollies and shit. manuals, and ride all across the city. It was tons of fun but after time passes you're gonna accept that you're too old to be riding a plank on wheels
>pic related, my first ollie on cam

Grew up skating. Am 41 y/o now. Stopped skating about 2 years ago because injuries and vertigo. I love it. It will always be a part of me. But I agree that's it's going to shit now. With the younger kids it seems it's more about being a dirtbag than progression in skating. The older kids, in their 20's who are making the transition to adulthood while still skating have my respect. And the old fuckers like me, I love them. But the kids. These kids ain't right.

it influenced some of the greatest PS1 & PS2 games to date.

The other side of my board. Reverse google image should help.

90's skating was god tier. now it has been mainstreeamed and oversaturated. skating fashon and the tricks in 2016 are absolute shit taste. skinny jeans, gay tricks like that richie jackson shit. i personally think bmx is where its at. bmx is really "in" everything about it is dope

any more?
used to skate, dont no more.

+1

>Reminder Skateboarding > longbording

fun.

>pic related me

Skateboard industry is getting killed by big compagny, it would have need to re become undeground ...

I respect the old dogs man, they took me under their wing when I started. When I first started getting good I ran in to some Jaks who liked my Reagan Youth shirt, we used to skate on their mini ramps drunk as fuck and have punk shows. Simply put, it was the shit

something really authentic about skating died sometime around 2009. ever since "the berrics" and other such bullshit ruined skating. p-rods a fucking sellout and that whole street league series bullshit with nyjah is wack. skating is so normified now its disgusting. the epic originality of the 90s era and thps video game is dead. i suggest anons watch the netflix documentary "all this mayhem" with tas pappas in it. that was the golden era of skating. also, pic related

Fun sport, great exercise, if you are older than about 25 and still doing it though you just look like a creeper or a lowlife pothead.

Shit, when i was kid i used to skate alot. But my board broke and now i want to buy new. Any help?

I fucking love skateboarding faggits

buy a new board?

No fucking shit

well what the fuck are you asking for help about then

Go to local skate shop, not a fucking zumiez, and check some boards, trucks, bearings, and other shit out. Buy what you like and support actual skating

I was asking for some sugestions sbout models

>quiter
>less noisey than that ratchet skateboard sound
>poor kids cant afford the bike
>bmx requires more strength and skill
>get to sit down while riding
>skaterfags have to stand up and push to ride
>skaters BTFO

Hardflip

Used to scate

skaters nowdays are so pretentious

"wheres your 5 panel and why arent you doing any wall rides"

god, i hate 2016 skate culture. no more 411vm or logic vhs tapes. now its all about instagram and the berrics in your fucking skinny jeans and white vans. yuck

This dude.

I started skating in 84 and quit when the tiny wheels became a fad.
I just dated the fuck out of myself, but here are the true rippers, ranked:
Way
Hawk
Hosoi
Natas
Gonz
Templeton
Duffy
Mullen
Howell
Hensley
Salba
I could go on

>quieter
Didn't realize the world was a library, grandma
>less noisey
On a list of 6 a third of them are the same point, are you retarded?
>poor kids can't afford a bike
They aren't that expensive
>bmx requires more strength and skill
It took me less time to be able to bar spin than to kickflip
>get to sit down while riding
So you're a fat lazy fuck?
>skaterfags have to stand up and push to ride
2/3 of this list is repeated, were those points really that good you had to make them twice?

Anyone who rides a bmx is automatically a douche

I broke my elbow skateboarding and since my surgery it has been too fragile to skate and it kills me. Pic related

i find ollies to be way easier than bunny hops. bike is also more dangerous when trying big things becuz it will fall on u and its metal. skating its easy to kick board away

Source on this!!!

Few pros these days interest me. The days of burnquist and hawk are bygone, pedro barros is interesting to watch do park sets tho

Uhh wtf ur grip

Recently sponsored whats upp

i agree, most bmxers are chads but most skaters now days are major hipsters. so i prefer the bmx bros cuz they are more talented. skaters have no talent these dayz. they wall ride shit and they think they are so cool. skating fell off hard

Ollie impossible?

Bunny hops are easy as fuck, I got it within an hour of riding. Also skating is much harder on your body when landing bigger tricks. It's all going to your knees and feet, on a bike your whole body is set up to absorb impact

It's cool if you're a 12yo

But skating is way cooler to watch. Far more variety, and anyone can just take a board wherever they go

If I had room and I do I'd build a quarter pipe

I liked the logo on my deck okay

Local shop sponsorship? Congrats man, don't forget about your friends now that you're at the top

harambe doing a heelflip 180

Nah they all ride fucking scooters and cause acciddnts

All good bro. Don't do it on the next one.

That's a kick flip idiot

harambe doing a christ air

I still shred...
Creature deck, Thunder trucks, Spitfire wheels, Black Magic grip. Thing's 3 years old and still kickin

Who cares though, really? If he likes it then fuck what you think

Street skating is probably the healthiest most fun outside activity there is.
Also fuck vert skating

I know that, I'm not the BMX guy, you don't need to tell me.

Was ok had bmx friends got biker bros
Inb4 what kind of deck is it...

Tony Hawk's Underground is the best skateboard game, agree?

Also
>dat soundtrack

>rules make skateboarding fun
Eat a dick dude, go watch street league and bust a load to the same six pros doing the same six tricks

Just picked up Project 8, having a blast. Best 7 bucks and excuse to rev up the 360 again!

Started downhill longboarding. You know, mental shit down main roads sliding with gloves? Pic related was my first accident st 50mph. Ripped through my slimline pads and jeans

Gravity is a big fat bully who never whispers sweet kinky things to me it just slams me on the ground and laughs. Fuck skateboarding

What am I watching and why? I tried to help so no need to go all asburgers on me.

wrong. ea skate is the best. runner up is thps1 and 2

Top kek

You and I both know you got those rugburns from blowing 20 dudes

I suddenly love skateboarding

Clearly my dude. Heres the board in question though, i love skateboarding, but this makes me fly

Hospital flip. Looks good bro

street league is a really gay contest they have going on lately. street course and skaters are awarded points for tricks

nice sack dude

Cheers fam

I find the scene gets elitist once the people get better but Outside of that I fucking love it.

Hell no, the Tony Hawk games have by far much better game play

Seems like it.

An "ollie impossible" involves the vertical 360-degree rotation of the board around the skater's back or front foot—the board rolls around the foot similar to the spinning of a baton around one's hand. A proficient ollie impossible is executed when the rotation of the board is as vertical as possible, whereby the board wraps around the foot.[43] When the trick is executed with the front foot, the trick is named a "front-foot impossible". In a "trick tip" video presented by professional skateboarder Lee Yankou, the trick is described as a "scooping motion", rather than a trick that is launched with the execution of an ollie.[44]

I guess hardflip is with a shove it. Names rofl.

kek truth

w about longboarding? Bombing hills etc.

Shuvit*. What the fuck

Sick!

I just recently started sharing with summer friends since we got bored of vidya. Even though we all suck, it's fun to go down to the skate park and hang out

Gnarly bra.

Haha thats my daughters board right now!

Holy shit this is gay as fuck took me forever to find

Its the shit man. Its a lifestyle

Tbh: ea skate series, then comes THAW, then pro skater

Wow

Bretty gud

>black wheels
Why?

>accident st 50mph

apparently not good enough at sliding.

YEAH RIGHT!

Forgot cardiel yo