U2 are literally the worst band of all time

U2 are literally the worst band of all time.

Objection, your honor.

Brokencyde exists.

and getting worse

You can't get worse if you started from the bottom

yet they found a way

Everything they did up to The Joshua Tree was great. Hell, even parts of Rattle and Hum were alright.

The problem with U2 was that the more they tried to experiment, their music became more disingenuous and half-assed. It was the simplicity and spaciousness of their early sound that really made them a great band early on.

That's funny cause the Edge is a top 5 guitarist of all time. Maybe top 3.

>not Oasis

Oasis is simply and incredibly mediocre band and has never been relevant enough to warrant mention within the past 20 years

>He fell for the technically proficient=good player meme

but Edge is the opposite of that

You forgot BOTDF exists

>not weezer or green day

No, they don't.

Blood on the Dance Floor is objectively the worst band ever.

Any band that wrote New Years Day cannot be the worst ever, even if their latest stuff is the most sterile shit ever recorded

Yeah this
Gotta give it to them, making music so universally disliked has to take some kind of vision, at least it's noteworthily terrible as opposed to mediocre

Early U2 has some really good songs, and like it or otherwise their sound has been one of the most influential on mainstream rock music for a reason - it's big, anthemic and emotive (when it's decent)

Bono is neoliberalism made flesh

Are you including Swans?

>14 year old talks about the past 20 years

kek

Actually I was in the worst band of all time we were called the barefit generation we never got famous we were the worst

>It was the simplicity and spaciousness of their early sound that really made them a great band early on.

Correct. U2's minimalism was kind of a refreshing thing in the era of overwrought hair metal antics.

4 shapeshifters and 2 token black dudes/dinner

take that back

Y...you two

This guy makes a solid point. I remember never even hearing about those guys because they were so awful.

not bad
just annoying

Maybe. But they made With or Without You so they get a pass from me. Personally I think that song is deeply moving.

/thread

this
if you can't dig their best work then you're probably trying too hard
they aren't that big for nothing