Give me a good reason why weed is still illegal in most areas

Give me a good reason why weed is still illegal in most areas.

protip: you cant

Stigma

Also because people are literally terrified of change and shit themselves when they see anything outside of what they think is normal ex. Weed, blacks, transgender

cause it's green and all green things should be illegal

fuck vegans

>grows brain cells

>inhales burning plant matter

Pharmaceutical companies fight it because weed helps people cope with certain problems that they usually would pay for pills that don't work

I agree it should be legal, but let's be honest/ It IS addictive for some people, the idea it cures cancer is extremely suspect, and from what I understand, it destroys brain cells.

Not 100 percent certain about the last two, but I can say from personal experience, and seeing it happen to many others: Weed is addictive.

>non-addictive
>cures cancer
>0 deaths in history
>saves police money
>grows brain cells
God fucking dammit. I support legalizing weed for my own libertarian reasons, but you fuckers sure as hell don't make it easy to support you. Drop the fucking "WE BE CURIN CANCER N GROWIN BRAINS N SHIET!" stuff and people might actually start taking you seriously.

Grows brain cells and non addictive you're stupid

I know plenty of addicted, depressed stoners who are worse off from smoking weed. And it doesnt cure cancer you faggot.

I dont see any evidence why someone is forced to burn cannabis to consume it.

Exactly

because stoners are fucking annoying and deserve to be persecuted

t. weed smoker

because weed makes you lazy and shit

smoke a cigarette and you're back to work in 5 mins

smoke a few spliffs and you'll be spending the majority of the evening babbling like a retard

Enjoy lung cancer and yellow teeth you faggot

...look up a brain scan of someone who'd smoked and compare it with someone who hasn't.

The OP is a fucking idiot

Enjoy dumbly laughing at Family Guy ten years after it stopped being funny.

>I know a guy
Way to use your experiences that represent no one but yourself as an argument

What are you basing your argument on, Facebook memes?

I can give you the reason the explains why government is trying to keep it illegal rather than a good reason itself.

When your system has argued against something for so long using reasons that are no longer true, they've come to a point of no return. They can't acknowledge they were wrong in history, not even reasons that were disproven, because it makes their organization look like it has bad judgement.

It happens with religion, and it should be a surprise this same occurrence happens with government. When you form a systematic paradigm of methodology based on empirical evidence and research, and any evidence, data, and research counters the information, we can then refine our way of understanding based on being wrong and standing corrected by new information. That's not how religion or politics work.

You may have every reason to make it legalized, but you don't hold any power to make it happen. You can only hope other people agree with you and hope even further that the politician who mostly represents your best interests also agrees with you and gets into power without being rigged by the party or media that associates with him. Being right doesn't carry much weight if the ones in power don't agree. What does this accomplish?

depressant in this context does not mean what you think it means. Depressant is the opposite of Stimulant, not anti-depressant, as in it tends to have a calming effect, particularly on the nervous system.

weed does not cure cancer, it merely reduces pain symptoms felt while enduring cancer treatment.

weed does not grow brain cells.

that said, I agree with the point the image is trying to make. The primary reason marijuana is illegal in the US is the stigma and the lies that have been told.

At least I can stop smoking pot and be fine most fucking cig smokers are the most passive aggressive irritable mother fuckers when they aren't stopping for a smoke every 15 minutes

The government has criminalised and decriminalised plenty of substances over the years. Heroin, cocaine, alcohol etc. They've done a complete 180 on cigarettes as well. In other words, you're talking shit.

>I know a guy
Way to use your experiences that represent no one but yourself as an argument

Or it could just be because weedfags embarrass themselves and their movement every time they open their cum receptacle to spout off about how weed is good for you and cures cancer and other bullshit.

Exactly my thoughts as well. Tell me you wanna smoke some shit to escape your shitty reality, that's fine. Don't lie to me and tell me it doesn't have 50x the tar as normal cigs.

most fucking weed smokers are the most brain dead, irritably annoying motherfuckers when they've been smoking

just look at 420chan

Not true. Medical marijuana can be grown on a large scale too.

Snarky
Come back to me when weed causes 10 different types of cancer not only to yourself but people around you, I'm so glad most places are smoke free.
Enjoy having a hole in your neck from your addiction

>420chan

so im not the only one who finds them cranky AF....

i was like "lol arent you guys supposed to be chill AF" (i dont smoke)

i got like a ton of angry replies like wtf?

>atleast i can stop smoking pot
Still doesnt because is delusional and thinks he can stop

its psychologically addictive, not chemically, unlike alcohol
fortifies current thoughts, doesnt actually depress or uplift
does not cure cancer, derivable chemicals treat cancer symptoms, that isnt illegal btw
causes deaths not by OD but by actions, similar to lsd
doesnt save police money because they have to arrest dealers
yes od, but not lethal. any intoxication is an overdose.
does not grow brain cells, damages serotonin receptors in brain, potentially leading to depression later in life.

you didnt sauce so i wont. and alcohol is legal because responsible use wont make a new user get all retarded.

It's been tumblr2.0 for the past few years.

Spardot needs to take the site from that faggot Kirtaner and leave his worthless ass.

>zero deaths
Ayyyyyyyy

propaganda much?

It is addictive
It has caused deaths
800% incresed chance of heart attack in 1st hour
causes permanent changes in the bain
changes your thinking
doesn't change back when you stop

If you smoke usually people can tell by how you dress, if not you will tell in how they think talk act.

>cures cancer

half of the poeple that smoke it ARE the cancer it's caused.

I've stopped smoking for months at a time and even after 15 years I still only smoke ten cigs a day. Keep telling yourself your not an addict even though you smoke to wake up, to eat, to watch tv, to hang out with friends, and to sleep.

I just got back today from a vacation where I didn't smoke for 2 weeks
Tell a cig lover to stop smoking for 2 weeks and see what they say

>young adult gets stuck in a shitty dead end job

>is okay because he has weed, doesnt bother to improve himself, has no ambition

weed is degenerate, just like vidya

I probably should have clarified the difference between decriminalizing something isn't the same as legalization for recreational purposes. Even when something is used medically, it doesn't change the amount of drug trafficking from cartels to the US. They have shifted their minds, you're right to an extent, but they haven't done a complete 180 until it's legalized freely for public use.

because 9/10 times pot smokers are just lazy, degenerate losers

My dad stopped smoking after 50 years without much difficulty. The desperate addict searching his trash for cigarettes is mostly a meme.

In the UK they deemed that weed should remain illegal. I'm glad they did. People who say that weed doesn't do bad things to your are either massive stoners or just don't understand. I used to be a huge stoner, thought that god gifted it to us to utilise. that making it legal would solve so many social issues,that economic shit would be better. that it's a miracle cure for loads of illness and mental problems.

I got epilepsy, and stopped all of the drugs for a year, and in that time I learned how much damage weed had done to me. I was an apathetic piece of shit. I was "happier" but the "sparcle had gone from my eyes.

anyway, what I'm trying to say is that there are things about weed that aren't positive, and aren't safe "psychologically" and a government that makes it legal give the message that weed is fine are doing their people a massive fuck up.

That's the joke

>ten cigs a day
You're breath is probably nauseating and you're lungs are tar filled

I smoke when I want not when my addiction forces me too unlike cig smokers

This thread is stupid. It's becoming legal in more and more states and will be nationwide in our lifetimes. Stop with the 'hurr the government wants to stop people getting woke' meme.

That's a better point I overlooked. Thanks for pointing that out, it should have been an obvious point I should've put down.

not him, but another (former) smoker

10 is quite low tbqh. Most people do 20. I've known people who do 40.

you morons can believe what you want studies done by non potheads say very different things

companies are actively moving out of states where it has been legalized because productivity is down people don't give a fuck and are lazy. Both side effects of users.

you cant arge with a pothead, there is no making them understand, it like explaining rocket science to a retard in the end they will still set there going hurr durr

Because Cannabis kills brain cells and doesn't do anything about cancer, dipshit.

Alright you faggot first of all it doesn't cure cancer it just makes it not hurt as much and second of all it does not grow brain cells it kills them faster than alcohol

>giving a shit about laws
stay pleb

Not a single fucking one of those for canabis is true.
Not one.
Fuck off and vote for bernie or some shit. Enjoy your social collapse.

Also if baited well done.

I smoke roll ups and actually take care of my teeth so my breath is fine. I can take a 8 hour plane ride and not care that I cant smoke. It's just a habit that I enjoy, and one that doesnt alter my brain and turn me into a lazy douchebag.

[citation needed]

who cares weed is a crutch for the weak by fags

B-but muh conspiracy theories!

It works differently for differnt people.
Like me for example i am clinically retarted when i smoke and it helps me with nothing except sitting in my room watching tv and eating junk food.
But my dad and brother actually function much better on weed.

Actual faggot. Plus it ruins people and makes them humoungus niggers like specimen one aka op

Underrated post

Citation needed, you filthy cumbucket

Nigger OP didn't cite

Ill explain more on the subject.
My father "who is mentally fucked up from a severally abusive mother" uses pot to self medicate.
And while it's illegal, It works well for him.
When he just wakes up and has no weed in his system he is a miserable POS. A couple tokes and he is fine.
I still don't think it should be all around legal but theirs gotta e an in between

>Smoked by niggers and spics
>Worse for you than smoking tobacco
>Against federal law and numerous international treaties
>Makes welfare recipients even MORE lazy
>Does nothing to make anyone more docile, despite all the weed warrior propaganda.
>If it did, niggers wouldn't still be committing more violent crimes than any other racial group.
>the proponents of weed legalization are preachy self-righteous faggots on a level with vegans, feminists and gym rats.

quit getting your information from shitty pictures off of facebook, people like you are cancer

4 years Weed smoker here.

I'm fucking useless when i smoke some.

This is why so many people don't promote legalization because of fuckheads like you.

this better be bait

Those aren't facts you dumb nigger. Go drink until you OD

and that labeling you just did is a crutch for weak minded faggots.

big phrama makes BILLIONS off anti cancer meds that dont work well if at all

weed will end their stream of cash--it is mother nature's cure

they give money to lobbyists to make polticians make weed illegal

Hey guys, isnt it great you cant OD on weed? Now I can smoke it all day everyday and never ever have to stop or be forced to be sober and fix my life! It's a miracle drug!

>it is mother nature's cure
Ugh you dumb faggot weed doesnt cure cancer.

>pro weed thread
>"cures cancer"
>cancer thread
/thread

The entire thread gave me cancer yes weed makes you lazy AF in large amounts so does alcohol, I've seen lazy "stoners" and I've seen productive "stoners" lmao, weed could be enjoyed like alcohol there's no doubt about that, I personally don't smoke but I don't find weed as cancer as this thread portrays it

because it induces lethargy.
when i smoke i cannot be fucking bothered to do anything, nearly lost my job over that shit.

Then you must be OP and you just smoked some before posting this

Drink a few glasses of vodka and you are fucked too idiot

alcohol isnt addictive you retard, ive been drinking it every day for the last 5 years and im still not addicted

Explain every God damn functioning stoner ever
Ted fucking Turner founded CNN and he smokes a joint every day

Its not addictive. People habitually use it and it ruins their lives its on them.. its not heroin or percs.

>it does not grow brain cells it kills them faster than alcohol

just because its not heroin doesnt mean its not addictive. Heroine is like one of the most addictive substances known to man. Weed breeds psychological addiction.

I usually buy a 10g now and then to have for R&R.
Cannabis. All the shit doctors and pharmas spews out are ten times worse. I'd rather be addicted to weed, than Oxy...

Weed is still a stupid drug. Stoner who can't reason and only come up with "hurr its medicine" is part of the proof.

the picture has a point, alcohol should be prohibited

can be psychologially addictive, can function as an anti-depressant aswell as an enhancer, can at least treat the pain of cancer really well, can cause brain-damage in teenagers's brains and definitely doesn't grow brain cells

I like weed but it's still a drug and everyone treating it like it's a fuckin wonder-cure for everything there is in this world is a fuckin retarderd stoner-hippie.

>Psychological
>Not chemical

The second induces the first. Smoking imbalances the serotonergic system, by introducing a high level of chemicals analogous to dopamine and the likes, chemically binding to neuronal receptors. It is the high. The body adjust to this new rise of offer by raising the demand : over time, it creates more receptors. When the person isn't using the drug, the body has a high demand in terms of receptors but there is a low offer on the chemical side. It is depression.
That is how all drugs are addictive. From sugar to heroin. Including oxytocin which high we call love.

You dumb motherfucking faggot. There is no such thing as "anti-cancer meds". Cancer is part of nature, you can get cancer from a long list of things, starting with the sun. It's virtually impossible to stop cancer from forming, if you know anything about it. Which you don't - but that doesn't stop you from making idiotic fucking mouthbreathing comments like this one.

Learn what cancer is, and how it's treated, then run your mouth, you shit filled piss poor excuse for a human being.

it can definitely be psychologically addictive, just not physically like alcohol or heroin or nicotine

The profit margin isn't there cause you can't patent a plant

I don't smoke weed anymore but I drink and smoke cigarettes. They should legalise it. Its way less harmful than any other drug. It helps some people. They need to legalise it and tax that shit.

>anti-depressant
Smoke $60 of weed all day every day for two years and tell me it's not aiding in your depression

Yes I can, you naive normalfag.

>Cost police and health-related organizations billions.

This isn't true.

They're entitled to massive amounts of money just from the crime/accidents/injuries that occur due to alcohol abuse.

Alcohol creates more of a need for emergency services. Fact.

Insurance rates go up.

Insurance companies pay out more.

Arrests go up. Domestic abuse. Drunk and disorderly, DUI Etc. More convicts to enslave.

Pharmaceutical companies get to hook people on their drugs after inevitable serious injury. Think: Pain killers.

Marijuana is a miracle drug. It doesn't come with all of these problems.

Alcohol makes a lot of money for a lot of people. That's why it has remained legal regardless of the negative impact it has on society.

weed is illegal as a rascist reaction to mexicans and a newspaper mogul's anti-hemp propaganda and general misinformation leading to pot beimg clasified as a schedule 1 drug(ie same class as herion) which is an utter joke and lie and demonstrates the utter idiocy of the current legal situATION of weed. The Man is a liar, bb. id trade alky hole for some bud anyday almost.

This

This.

There is NO clinical evidence that cancer is cured by pot. NONE. It's a line of research that's interesting, but any doctor will tell you - if you get cancer, USE THE CURRENT CURES AND TREATMENTS.

As for the brain, the research is even sketchier. It's thought there MIGHT be a possibility that pot could play a part in neurogenesis, but they don't even know if it's real yet, or how it works. To make any claims about it right now, with the lack of research and proof it even happens is incredibly fucking stupid. But this is Sup Forums.

What pot DOES help with is symptoms and side effects from chemotherapy, and it works really fucking well.

And, you should be eating it, or vaping it. Burning any smoke is bad for you, and is potentially cancer causing. Bong hits are the thing of the past, as are joints or any form of BURNING pot to get the THC in your lungs.

I support the legalization of pot, even though I don't use it, but use it safely, and stop making mouthbreathing claims that aren't true, you just reinforce the stereotype that pot smokers are stupid motherfuckers who parrot anything their Dead Head friends say.

police get 40% of their money from drug busts and 20% is from weed cops get money from weed like dealers except they steal everything he owns and sells it

this argument is like peppermint vs plastic deformation
shit just has nothing to do with each other except some faggot addicted to nicotine cant shut the fuck up