Well, Sup Forums? Where are the hate threads for the terrible, recent TMNT movies?

Well, Sup Forums? Where are the hate threads for the terrible, recent TMNT movies?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=xd0I-GxZPD0
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

I'm watching both, but I'm more excited for the TMNT sequel because I kinda enjoyed the first one and the 2nd one looks fun too.

Because the TMNT wasn't replaced by an all female turtle cast to pander for a nonexistent female fanbase

TMNT 2 looks fun. Fembusters does not.

C U C K
U
C
K

TMNT 2 looks like an actual improvement to the first one, the michael bay one.

First TMNT movie was fun. Problem is, when the first TMNT came out it got just as much hate, hell it had so much hate they changed the title of the movie from Ninja Turtles to TMNT.

NO ONE likes reboots. Every reboot that gets announced is shit on until it comes out and is either decent or bad. Why the Internet has seemed to forget this and let themselves get involved in this sexism debate is fucking insane to me. This Ghostbusters could have been all dudes like the original and it would have got the same amount of hate, you know why? Because it's a god damn reboot and everyone complains about reboots.

this post made legitimately angry

PLEBS GET OUT REEEEEEEEEE

>Turtles are who they're supposed to be even if it isn't 100 percent faithful

>They actually made the characters more like their originals instead of less.

If they had turned the ninja turtles into women and April into a guy, you'd have about approximation of new ghostbusters movie.

The TMNT sequel is literally pandering to the fans of the late 80s/early 90s cartoon with Bebop, Rocksteady, and Krang. It looks like shit, but it's at least doing it right.

They both look like generic summer blockbuster trash. The reason Ghostbusters is getting hate from people here is obvious though.

Because based Stephen Amell as Casey Jones. He's the only reason I'm watching it 2bh.

Well two things

1. We already saw the first, so we know what we're getting will be bad. The shock has worn off
2. This one at least respects the hell out of the series by bringing in literally every fan favorite TMNT thing ever. So at least they are TRYING to appeal to the fans rather than shun them.

The turtles look less disgusting than Ghostbusters' pet sheboon.

Because the new ninja turtles movie is actually pandering to the lore not raping the fuck out of it for the sake of being "progressive".

TMNT was always a cash grab mediocre movie for kids

Tmnt was always a mediocre franchise

There was an enormous shitstorm before it even came out because of a leaked script about how they were going to be aliens.

By the time it was already out, fanboys were already all burned out.

>the number of people who care about tmnt is equal to the people who care about ghostbusters

also i recall people teasing tmnt when it was first announced.

and unlike tmnt the new ghostbusters probably wont have any redeeming qualities.

The recent Ninja Turtles movie exceeded my expectations tremendously because I expected it to be an atrocious train wreck shit pile and instead it was a slightly above average CGI blockbuster

>'lore'

I really wish people had higher standards when applying this word

There was just as much of a shitstorm. The difference is the people making TMNT have/are listening to the fans are trying to make it more into something they want.

Not as many people care about TMNT than Ghostbusters. Unless you're pretty young, your parents probably didn't watch TMNT or read the comics. Everyone likes Ghostbusters.

exactly, Ghostbusters is fucking classic like Robocop and Total Recall

Because TMNT is a shitty sequel to a shitty movie everyone already got done shitting all over when it was new?

I guarantee if you if this new Ghostbusters gets a sequel (God help us) it won't get half as much overt hatred because people won't care anymore.

One is made for children while the other is made for no one.

People liked Dredd.

This image makes me think. Usually when I'm in public, I'm doing something or on my way to do something. If something like a dead person was in front of me, or a person being robbed, or an accident happened, that would just be shitty, because then I'd have to stop doing what I'm doing, and spend 7 hours waiting for police and filling out police reports, possibly being brought into court as a witness a few months later.

Shit would suck.

I haven't seen the first TMNT reboot movie, but the sequel looks pretty fun. It looks silly, but the source material is silly as well.

Ghostbusters isn't really meant to be silly goofball comedy. It's making a series not known for being bombastic into just that. Plus, it's pandering in literally the worst kind of way.

>Giant Dongatello not in the pic
you dun goofed

>lore, knowledge of a particular subject
sounds like you need to go fuck yourself, next you are going to tell us what is and isnt art

Because Megan Fox is actually attractive

>People who saw Dredd liked Dredd.
ftfy

Because Megan Fox is hot as fuck.

Dredd surprised a lot of people, myself included. It still didn't do well.

I just hate that they chose the worst Beastie Boys song to use in it.

Was the Casey Jones character only added to the original series so it didn't look like April was spending all her spare time with scaly dick jammed in every hole?

>watch TMNT trailer
>it's the 1980s cartoon except live action
>feel somewhat nostalgic
>watch Ghostbusters trailer
>unfunny horse shit mess that shits all over the franchise
>watch second Ghostbusters trailer
>feel a bit more optimistic
>will probably watch on Netflix, but certainly not worth paying money to see in theaters

On the side of the internet where you get called a misogynist and a manchild for expressing the smallest criticism of TMNT.

Casey was a major part of the original mirage comic series and love interest for April O'Neil. In the cartoon he was just a loon with a hockey mask fighting crime.

The TMNT movies unequivocally sucked ass.

people shit on the TMNT reboot when it came out too though

if it didnt have melissa mccarty and that gorilla id probably go see it. kristen wiig is like a male will farrrell and the jewish boy earns an occasional chuckle. im not sexist i just have taste

I personally genuinely don't care about human life, so it's a no-brainer for me, I'd straight-up ignore it.

I could have sworn TMNT was hated when it was announced, especially when it came out that Michael Bay was involved.

dear lord this guy has shit taste, TMNT2 looks dope as fuck, just look at Bibop and Rocksteady

Nice to know there are a few sensible people on this board.

let's be fair though, not to the point that this shitty ghostbusters is getting shit on. But they got shit on for two different reasons. TMNT because they slightly changed the turtles trying to make them look realistic, and because it wasn't as great as people hoped it would be (I still loved it) and ghostbusters is getting shit on because it's misguided and pushing an agenda.

Seeing them and the Krang Robot sold me on the movie.

>This Ghostbusters could have been all dudes like the original and it would have got the same amount of hate
hate? yes. Same amount, hardly. It would have most likely gotten hate and then ignored, but the all female cast gets more attention because it's an all female cast and people are saying "you only hate it because it's all women!"

The Total Recall remake was good enough that I wish it didn't have the Total Recall name on it.

It had probably the best blue-screen CGI sets I've ever seen, especially because they didn't do that "let's just have a wide establishing shot and then the rest of the scene takes place in a fucking hallway" cancer.

That highway with the flying cop cars chasing the upside down maglev cars? They're gonna chase Colin Farrell's ass over every twist and turn.

That weird Super Mario Bros hanging platform slum? Colin Farrell is going to frantically jump and run over every inch of it to escape Kate Beckinsale.

That giant drill subway rig where the gravity reverses as it passes through the center of the Earth? Hell fucking yes Colin Farrell is going to fight Heisenberg and his robot minions in Zero Gs.

That's why they were put there, yeah. Cheap ploy to grab some cash.

That's fine, it's gonna work.

This.
Fucking hell, I had no idea until I saw the trailer

There were leaks that the turtles would actually be aliens and that William Fichtner was playing The Shredder.

When the actual movie rolled the turtles were genetically engineered sewer mutants and The Shredder was a psychotic Jap

BIG

Cersei with dredd haircut made me mega hard

Basic bitch with terrible tattoos and no brain

I hate both
I hope Michael Bay is shot out of a cannon into the sun

Are you a time traveller from 2007? Or just have really bad taste?

Because the original Ghostbusters is a legitimately great film that works on many levels. The casting, acting, comedy, special effects, structure -- it's all really good.

Something like TMNT has pretty much always been just a product for kids. The first movie isn't necessarily bad, but it also isn't some kind of masterpiece like GB is. TMNT stuff has always been so-so juvenile fun, and the new movies aren't all that different from the all the stuff that is associated with TMNT.

As far as something like the Halloween remake goes, whether you like Rob Zombie or not, he tried to do something different with it. He clearly has a love and passion for the original.

tl;dr Ghostbusters is perceived differently from these other movies for various reasons.

Because michael bay movies being shit is a given. Ghostbusters is still a hot topic. inb4 bayfags

She's hot, and her autism is adorable.

>he doesn't like Michael Based

Bay isn't directing this one, I think.

The turtle movies don't feel the need to go around insulting everyone that didn't like them like Ghostbusters does.

Tmnt looks good

I hope she goes full Shia.

he didn't direct the other one either. He's producing though and his influence is heavy in both of them.

I do not
He is shit

The new TMNT movie actually looks good and faithful to what 80s kids expect

His movies are not exactly smart, but they are entertaining.

one was agreed it would be mediocre. the other made people argue insanely

Wow

Hadn't the TMNT franchise been through several controversial reboots (such as the 2003 series) at the point the Bay movie was released?

I just watched the TMNT 2 trailer because of you guys

Holy shit

For two minutes I was 8 years old again

If the turtles were replaced by female turtles it would have had the same reaction.

Stop genderbending, just create new shit with females in it.

The first movie was ok, the char designs were shit thou, second one looks insane...the char designs of the turtles are still shit thou.

TMNT doesn't have a rabid group of defenders who swarm anyone who doesn't like it with claims of bigotry, so flames never get fanned and any negativity evaporates right away

TMNT WAS GREAT

SJW BETA NUMALES ARE FLAILING

ALL FEMALE GHOSTBUSTERS IS THE MOST DOWNVOTED TRAILER IN YOUTUBE HISTORY

Because nerds spent years hating the first one before it was out

Remember when people were bitching about them being aliens and how they looked like shrek and how Megan fox was April. They're probably used to it like an abusive spouse

I can't tell if you're being sarcastic or not. Sup Forums is such a shithole

i think because tmnt entered popularity with the cartoon. so the movies just look like michael bay shit plus cartoon. the ghostbusters started with the movie,

The first TMNT movie was actually good. The whole TMNT franchise is good while the ghostbusteres one peaked at the first movie then went downhill.

>the michael bay one
both are produced by michael bay you dodobird

TMNT was always awful

TEENAGE
MUTANT
NINJA
TURTLES

i think what really annoyed me is that they felt like they had to make them fucking huge. then they had to make the shredder optimus prime in order to make it a fair fight. why fuck not just make them above average and keep the shredder look less like a fucking robot and more like the leader of the foot.

but they're really hip

because Bay and Fuller have apparently taken the complains from the first one and change them and also added some nostalgia pandering while they were at it

>they had to make them fucking huge

Have you seen a turtle? They don't lend themselves to small human physiology. They're fucking round.

i just watched the trailer and it looks like a decent action flick to me. way better than the ghostbusters trailer that's for sure.

Think you got that backwards pal

youtube.com/watch?v=xd0I-GxZPD0
Who hype for Mutants in Manhattan?

Because everyone who saw the first TMNT reboot knows that the outrage it faced was completely unwarranted. If Fembusters comes out and manages to be half-decent then Fembusters 2 will have a similarly lukewarm reception.

>film critics

Because the trailers for the new TMNT look like it'll be a retarded but alright movie.

for a second i thought it was out of the shadows and i was like, whaaaaa.. then i looked and was like yeahhhh. dunno about how many ppl will play on steam with me though :/