What does Sup Forums think of First Blood?

What does Sup Forums think of First Blood?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/Rc2OvrpzjvM?t=1m20s
youtube.com/watch?v=tatx1tT6YUY
youtube.com/watch?v=5sW1U-Y0hLg
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

true kino

I showed it to my dad, he thought it was a very funny goof and a spoof.

Remake with a woman, when?

Good movie

Great movie. I can't stand when people dismiss Rambo as macho one-man-army bullshit thanks to the sequels. Most people don't even know he kills ONE GUY in the entire movie. I'd say the whole movie is pretty believable as far as Hollywood movies go.

Also if someone you know can't take the final scene seriously or makes fun of it while watching it, then it's time to write them off as a terrible person.
>LOL I CAN'T UNDERSTAND ANYTHING HE'S SAYING??
>HAHA WHAT A BABY
This shit infuriates me

Just watched it again this morning and I remembered why this was one of the best anti-war movies of the early 1980s. It's a shame somebody thought that John Rambo could be franchised and turned into a one man army since that wasn't who the original character was, nor was it the premise of the whole story in the beginning in general. This was originally a story about a Viet Nam vet suffering from PTSD, and how a bunch of local cops who never fought in a war or saw any frontline combat pushed him to the brink. Don't think this is an anti-war film? Listen to the monologue towards the end of the movie again.

I thought Teasel was in Korea

Same senpai. Saying that final scene is funny is a slap in the face to vets

Only retarded plebs don't realize that the movie is anti-war. Or people who haven't even watched the movie.

I like you, we have similar views

it's __fun__

What kind of asshole cries at a guy spilling his heart out about people being brutally killed in Vietnam?

90% of teenagers today have no idea what this movie is or what it's about.

After the cave stuff it starts to get old until the monologue at the end. Rambo on the run is much better than Rambo on the attack

it's a comfy movie and slys best

One of the best endings ever

youtu.be/Rc2OvrpzjvM?t=1m20s

Great movie. I really like the atmosphere.

That scene where the truck jumps over the cop car: Pure ciné.

youtube.com/watch?v=tatx1tT6YUY

What was his fucking problem?

I liked when he shot all those people with the 50 cal

he totally killed those 3-4 cops in the car chasing him in the truck, since they're car explodes after being driven off the road

Vets coming back from Nam tended to be addicted to opiates and were vagrants. So, he probably didn't like the idea of a Nam vet coming into town and potentially bringing in more of his kind.

Only case where the movie is better than the sourcematerial.

He was and he disliked the "woe is me" Vietnam vets

Wasn't more along the lines of him feeling that korea vets were mistreated and left in the shadow by nam vets?

In the novel it is said that he was a Korean war vet who was angry at the Vietnam Vets because they got more attention. All the while not realizing that the "attention" that Rambo is getting is completely negative. Mostly Rambo is ignored, which is what makes him into basically a schizophrenic.

Compared to*

This is the original ending from the book.

That, and in the novel/script he's shown as a Korean Vet bitter that his war was never given the due the preceding and following ones were.

youtube.com/watch?v=5sW1U-Y0hLg

Greatest exchange of dialogue in cinematic history

He's a podunk sheriff. I've ran into assholes like him before; guy with a power trip and ragging on a guy who wasn't committing any crime. You'd be surprised how many bastards with a badge can get away with shit in small towns.

My uncle Jim is an ex-deputy for the county and he said that any cop worth their salt would've driven Rambo to a coffee shop/diner, fish for info about him and assess him, and when he realizes the guy is just passing through and not a threat, he'd be on his way.